It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When You Say "I Saw A UFO...."

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 09:46 AM
link   
I'm curious now, having looked at a bunch of UFO videos on here that either show no discernible thing in the sky, birds, Venus, or a light...When you say "I saw a UFO," do you mean these things or do you mean a craft of unknown origin?

I find it odd that people who see unexplained-but-perhaps-not-unexplainable lights in the sky go on to build or believe in giant, imaginative stories around what these things represent. Galactic federations, hostile takeovers, peaceful space brothers--you know the stories. It would make more sense to me if what you actually saw was a craft and not just some light. This tells me that what's important to most people, really, is believing in something (and belonging to a community of like minds). In no small part the drive behind belief in this stuff is BELIEF IN THIS STUFF.

I, for one, have seen mysterious lights in the sky. If I'd only seen that I wouldn't jump to any conclusion or erect a mythology around them or adopt one. But I've also seen a craft--very much a structured piece of technology that isn't ours. So I don't get to be a debunker in life but I also don't want to force a meaning on that or adopt someone else's. However, I can see why someone would do that if they'd seen a structured craft. That makes sense to me whether I do it or not--What doesn't make sense to me is just seeing a light and then inventing or adopting a story for it.

All of that rambling is to ask (because I'm not seeing it represented with people's home videos here): How many of you have actually witnessed an unexplained structured craft? And if you have, do you remain open to what it is or have you drawn any conclusions?

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 09:51 AM
link   
What I find odd is when people say they have seen an UFO, but then go on to describe how they are aliens etc.

Well why call it a UFO in the first place, which mean Unidentified Flying Object lol. Which means you have no idea if it's alien, a bird, a miltary craft etc etc. That's why you call it UFO.

When UFO's become something that we can name and identify, that's when it will get interesting.

[edit on 11-6-2008 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 09:52 AM
link   
I've seen 3 questionable UFO's in my life. I never talk about it because the first two could be explained, just because i dont know what they are doesnt mean they're from out of this world.

The third...
Well, 2 of us saw it and our jaws dropped. Still, it could be explained, as much as i'd like it to be the sighting of the century,
there's no way to verify it so its better just swept under the rug.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Yes, those who think UFOs are the same as flying saucers are not that bright and they irritate me. Aliens are not in UFOs. We don't know what a UFO is.
I saw a spy satilite in the 1960s, just a light in the sky. It was not revealed that this one existed until last year.

[edit on 11-6-2008 by earthman4]

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 10:14 AM
link   
I always try keep an open mind to the heritage of these crafts. There is a higher chance of these sightings being earth based objects than from our galctic back yard statistically; yet most people will lean towards the latter since the explanation is more exotic.

I have seen upper atmosphere craft moving unlike anything I believe is possible with the technology that is public, but that doesn't mean it's not our government running sorties with their new toys, or the galactic fleet coming down for a cup of joe.

Logic can present possibilities, but the imagination can offer explanations that we are drawn to easier. I still don't have an answer to what I have seen, but I look forward to the possibility of looking up and questioning my own eyes when I see another one of these objects that drives the battle between logic and imagination in an unexplained mystery.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 12:46 PM
link   
"Some ppl just take for granted ufos don't exist and for those ppl words nor images won't matter. "

This sentence makes no sense. UFOs exist but are not identified.

" I can't blaim you because I totally crushed your closed minded approach where you CLAIMED that the ufos couldn't be ufos and stuff like that. "

arrrrgh!

[edit on 11-6-2008 by earthman4]

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Ive seen UFOs on three occasions in my life. All three -- they were aerial objects and I couldn't identify exactly what they were. I could tell what they weren't, i.e. they weren't conventially known airplanes, they weren't meteors, they weren't satellites, they weren't Venus nor other known planets, and they weren't swamp gas. One of them could have been a weather balloon, although I tend to doubt it, due to its sudden acceleration horizontally.

None were captured on film, one was witnessed with my family and neighbors when I was a kid, one was witnessed by myself, my Bride and several people (regrettfully at an outdoor bar) and one was witnessed by only myself and Bride as we sat at the beach.

I'll never know what they were. They were unidentified.

top topics

join