It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Freemasons and Power

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 02:28 PM
link   
I think you should be proud of your heritage. Nothing wrong with that.

I think the problem is identity. We all want to feel special. It's just human nature. My tribe. My family. My religion. My favorite stock car driver. My favorite football team. My country. My signet.

There is little room left for a larger identity to wriggle through when we cling to these lesser identities.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Sorry my point had already been made by somone else

[edit on 13-6-2008 by lost in the midwest]

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by liamoohay
My opinion is that any public official be it by popular vote or as an appointed position should not have ties with any entity that has the capacity of potential abuse or conflict of interest.

I see. Napoleonic Code, eh? Who's out? Catholics? Protestants? Jews? Democrats? Republicans? Former Boy Scouts? Speeders?

Who does the drawing BTW? You?

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by applebiter

I think the problem is identity. We all want to feel special.

Word change with you here.. i feel we all want to feel connected. Special is a selfish word and to be honest.. its is more simple in its complexity (spelling) Something happened on the road between our exsistance outside the body and us hopping into it... there was a disconnect that often makes human's feel they are wondering very much alone... looking for their mum and dad... and just as human's have the urge to kill each other, they also have the need to be social.. be connected.. be apart... and yes.. freemasonry is about that as well

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by applebiter

Most of what you type are logical fallacies. In just thread alone I've seen: post hoc ergo propter hoc, straw man, red herrings, false dichotomies, and aurgment ad ignornatium - among others. I've learned in the past when someones entire argument is based on logical fallacies, pointing this out often results in denial - so I'll spare you the details.

I still have yet to figure out what your point is. You spend posts musing about spirituality, then tell us about how were all in the dark...where is this going?

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Yes separation of church and state.
The 1st amendment I believe.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fitzgibbon

My opinion is that any public official be it by popular vote or as an appointed position should not have ties with any entity that has the capacity of potential abuse or conflict of interest.

I see. Napoleonic Code, eh? Who's out? Catholics? Protestants? Jews? Democrats? Republicans? Former Boy Scouts? Speeders?

Already answered those questions, eh.
Josh Norton asked and I gave my answers.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Ok, ThirtySecond. We agree here. I think, going all the way back to my original post, I have been suggesting that we are, in fact, connected, though we are mostly blind to it. Doesn't mean we aren't still doing what needs to be done in order to unfold this Mystery.

I've been working towards it again, as of late, and just yesterday I felt a little tap on my shoulder that encouraged me to believe the next few days are going to be very interesting for me.

I'm not a Mason. You and I know what we know. Across blood lines and across the borders of Freemasonry. What does that tell you? Please don't post in haste. Words are becoming very precious to me right now. I've already had to add ALightinDarkness to my ignore list.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Yes separation of church and state.
The 1st amendment I believe.

Nice thought, but in our world You would never be able to fill all the empty slots. There are just too few people that would meet you standards.

[edit on 13-6-2008 by lost in the midwest]

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 02:53 PM
link   
.....................................................................................................
Sidebuster FTL

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fitzgibbon

Already answered those questions, eh.
Josh Norton asked and I gave my answers.

And what planet do you expect to be finding all these disconnected individuals on? Certainly not this one (at least not in the requisite quantity). You're creating a 'problem' where no problem exists. While that's all well and good for widgets, it's sort of counterintuitive for something as seminal as jurisprudence.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Planet, requisite quantity, widgets, counterintuitive, seminal, jurisprudence-yes, those are all fine words in their own right, except you have interjected near the bottom of a downward spiral which is far gone from it's original context. Kind of like a child repeating who, what, why over and over again. I have made my point as concise as possible only for another question, albeit almost the same one every time to pop up. Be a devil's advocate once in a while, geesh.

"Noting odd inconsistencies in that place where actions belie words; where the mouse roars like a lion; where the otherwise contemptible hold sway in the court.

Where good men die like dogs."
Sorry dude my nose doesn't go that high.

[edit on 6/13/2008 by liamoohay]

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by applebiter

"............ I think everything boils down to one act: you must leave your friends. You must say good-bye to them, for good. It's not possible for you to continue on the warrior's path carrying your personal history with you, and unless you discontinue your way of life, I won't be able to go ahead with my instruction.
Your friends are your family, they are your points of reference. Therefore, they have to go. Sorcerers have only one point of reference: infinity.
You must simply leave, leave any way you can.
You have never been alone in your life. This is the time to do it. I don't want your body to die physically. I want your person to die. The two are very different affairs. In essence, your person has very little to do with your body. Your person is your mind, and believe you me, your mind is not yours.
I'll tell you about that subject someday, but not while you're cushioned by your friends.
The criteria that indicates that a sorcerer is dead is when it makes no difference to him whether he has company or whether he is alone. The day you don't covet the company of your friends, whom you use as shields, that's the day that your person has died."

-Yes i agree with you. Thats why masons are not a big deal. THey still cling to their shields and are deathly afraid of being alone just like everyone else. How many of you have done the hard personal work? Or just hanging out with your friends patting each other on the back.

Sorcerors/shamans are way beyond you. I know most of the masonic secrets im sure. Your knowledge isnt a big deal. Make it available for christ sake...and i dont mean in codes. Oh wait we already did that. Others have just explained alot of it, since you wouldnt.

The earth is dying...out with your secrecy...it is time. Wake up masons! and step up to the times.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by applebiter
I'm not a Mason. You and I know what we know. Across blood lines and across the borders of Freemasonry. What does that tell you? Please don't post in haste. Words are becoming very precious to me right now. I've already had to add ALightinDarkness to my ignore list.

Logic and reason is a powerful enemy if those who seek to create conspiracies and appear to be more intellectual than they really are. I understand why you have to ignore it. It can be crushing.

What we have here is someone who is ruminating on new age universalism using logical fallacies while taking pot shots at masonry. I still don't see what the point is. Am I missing something?

[edit on 13-6-2008 by ALightinDarkness]

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by onlyhurtsu

Oh goody, more new agers.

Care to enlighten us on what you mean by masons "clinging to their shields"? As masons are actually..people..it should be unsurprising that those who do not wish to be alone would not want to be alone. Its not like being a mason gives some sort of other worldly power to over-ride human emotions.

I'm sure you don't know the masonic secrets if you think it has anything to do with the new age revival of people claiming to have powers and be "sorcerers."

Just another person who thinks they are enlightened...nothing new here...

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Have freemasons admitted to their huge error in judgement yet?

Ego is written all over it. Look at what happened. Sections of your frat evolved into the most threatening secret group on earth. These crooked clowns want WW3. They want to depopulate the globe and use all their weapons.

how are the good guys fighting the bad guys ay? Are you guys willing to die to try and take out this ego horror of secrecy that u helped create.

So you defeated the bad guys in 1776. Then u should have went public to empower the people on this outside force that would continue to try and take over the US. the truth will set you free!!! Transparency.

But the public is just a bunch of morons right? THis lack of faith in the average guy is so annoying. Just educate them on the situation. They would have believed George washington.

Always got to stick to the gang mentality.. We could have been an unstoppable country, but fools thinking they were in the know, were in charge.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by ALightinDarkness

Shields are like our egos guard. Groups of people shielding us from aloneness in person and ideas. We also use shields to keep us locked into this attention. OTherwise , we would be blasted by the unknown and the dangerous realms lurking all around us. Theres lots of ways to think of the shield thing.

WWhat u are talking about is the obsessive need for humans take inventories. Trying to classify me as a new ager. Masons have a group so they can be classified in a way. Besides, new ager is jsut a word. It pretty much encompasses everything. So any true seeker would be interested in some knowledge that falls into the realm of New ager.

I never said i was enlightened or special. But the truth isnt a big deal, not to be hoarded by fraternities. It leads to trouble. Doenst mean u should blab it to any fool on the street either.

No i dont know all their secrets but they are really secret. Other groups have shared loads and loads of knowledge. they arent the most enlightened people on the planet.

One secret they have is multidimensionality. space/time isnt what it appears and eintstein and company all knew it. If you study their work they even come out and say it. But the real issue is for people to have the full experience of this not just reading about it.
Is einstein new agey?

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 04:52 PM
link   
My point was that at a certain point u have to face the aloneness. The people around us we like...are the people that support us and prop us up. Notice we dont really hang out with people of opposite views. THe ego dont like that.

So at some point we have to stand on our own leave all the support. So, yea almost nobody makes it to that level in this lifetime. Which is my point that freemasons arent as high up as they might think they are.

The life of monks and sorcerors are much more brutal. They face death in many more ways.

You said something about them wanting or choosing to be with their friends, etc. THats the point....their ego wants that...so therefore a warrior walks away. at some point you have to go against the grain. Do everything u dont want to. Thats the trick. Cuz your desires are not you at all, they are the ego.....which the shaman points out is not you at all.

Im sure masons are great guys in many ways....but im trying to dig at their faults. ego is a real tyrant and takes everything we got to dethrone.

and if the masons are in the know...they would be thanking anybody for challenging them to grow more

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by onlyhurtsu

Sorry, you've been watching too much youtube and reading to many new ager sites. Its hard to respond because your just so incorrect but you jump all over the place. All I'll say is that life isnt a game of Might and Magic with classes (you've so far mentioned warriors, monks, and sorcerers ), and masonry as an institution isn't up to anything except a little bit of charity and making good men better.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by liamoohay

You just said what you want without explaining how on earth it's even remotely achievable. Don't shoot the messenger because you don't like the message. Try explaining how your notion is feasible.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join