It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Freemasons and Power

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 02:17 PM
link   
I dont think its a cop out at all. Honestly.. i am just as interested in seeing like shapes and symbols as any non mason.. i think its honestly very neat... as well as, very important to me.

I dont know why he was laughing... i was an odd child i guess... always saw or heard things that weren't there.. SHOCKED that i came out as normal as i am.... or am i!!!!!! jk

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Masons are the embodiment of lies and secrets. Each lvl of the hierarchy keeps knowledge from the lower members. They were the original builder caste for the alien angels of lucifer. The lowest slave caste did the sacraficial labor with each lvl of workers knowing more truth than others over construction and advanced methods of construction. Hence the pyramid on the back of the dollar that forms a pentagram spelling mason.
The pentagram is the symbol of lucifer and to the working slaves of the aliens the symbol of power. Only through virtues of good and humility in sin can we leave those who wish us harm below us in a plane of abscense of GOD.

I love you all
for you make me better
through humility

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by daemonicsoul

DAMNS ...

Alright Brethren .. hes found us out .. our gig is up.. someone please call Lucifer up and tell him to bring the Mother ship around, we will need a lift out of here. Pesky Humans always meddling in our diabolical affairs!

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 02:26 PM
link   
so your at the lvl of ignorance. Go watch the denver airport mural and tell me your not a cult of power and secrets. Half human we are all brothers

And its not lucifer youll call itll be they greys...slaves of lucifer the reptillians

[edit on 12-6-2008 by daemonicsoul]

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Sorry to go off topic but on the subject of apparitions, has anyone seen the artwork of David Best his stuff is amazing.
He makes these shrines/temples out of discarded wood from toy factory blanks (kind of like the waste from cookie cutter cutouts). I am a carpenter and appreciate the workmanship involved in his pieces. Some of his works have been up to four stories tall. Anybody should be able to appreciate his work.

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by liamoohay

I'm just razzin you along here, but would you walk into a fire if you could not see it?

No, 'cause I'd feel the heat and smell the smoke.

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by RuneSpider

Originally posted by liamoohay

I'm just razzin you along here, but would you walk into a fire if you could not see it?

No, 'cause I'd feel the heat and smell the smoke.

Congratulations you didn't get burned LOL

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 02:35 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck

DAMNS ...

Alright Brethren .. hes found us out .. our gig is up.. someone please call Lucifer up and tell him to bring the Mother ship around, we will need a lift out of here. Pesky Humans always meddling in our diabolical affairs!

What about historical records about your elite illuminati getting busted infiltrating world gov'ts in the 1400's Do they teach you about them or do you have to be a higher power mason? Your group takes away a choice by hiding the light of truth and GOD will say enough very soon.

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 02:40 PM
link   
I am sure it does sound scary! But break free of the hype! The idea behind anything you read, or wear, or see on TV is just wanting ONE thing. Your money. The only way to get your money is to freak you out.. why? Because people are interested in things that freak them out. This whole site is pretty much dedicated to those things that go bump in the night.

I have been invited to many places that are talked about on this board... and ya know what... its just as much fun as it is interesting.. but what would one say if i tell them where i have been or what I have done " oh.. you werent there the day they had the really real stuff" People like Alex Jones or the countless others that make their money by introducing "interesting" and fantastic theories to scare the public.. are just that... interesting and fantastic people. Do NOT lose who you are in the process of all this hype. Love your family, love your God, love your friends and job and the lil dog down the road... I would be more worried about the local 4H then I would any recognized international body of Freemasons

[edit on 12-6-2008 by ThirtySecond]

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThirtySecond
Personally.. the seven point star you spoke of before is not linked to any branch of Masonry that I am apart of.
Are you Northern Jurisdiction then? The 7 pointed star is part of the 27th degree, Southern Jurisdiction... and the heptagon without the inscribed star is used in a few other degrees (as are the 9 pointed star and the nonagon).

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 03:31 PM
link   
I am Nothern.. yes.. and I am dork.. we do use the heptagon but I guess i was more caught up on the word "star" as on a police badge.. and I never have seen that in my area .. i dont view the heptagon as a star... rather.. as a heptagon lol my mind doesn't draw the lines in automatically..

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by ThirtySecond

neither do I consider it a "star" in the context that was being discussed.

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Id like to know of the fellow masons on how you became one. Was it through body(your father) or mind(search for truth) or spirit(god)?

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 03:49 PM
link   

And what would you call curiosity? Destiny through mind wrought by God?

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Id call curiousity a combination of the trinity. remeber the story of pandora...she was curious. Call it the ugly duckling syndrome where a truth is withheld from the poor young swan to teach humility and not pride. You masons along all paths of your order fill your role perfectly. When humanity reaches our swan state youll say oh how beautiful but the true believers will hide there head in humility not pride.

Have you masons here been to your denver airport even?

And then you ask me a question than leave....curious indeed

[edit on 12-6-2008 by daemonicsoul]

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 04:22 PM
link   
This is all fascinating, watching it through the other side of the prism. I should probably point out some things to make them clear.

I never suggested that the inner lodge was evil, nor did I suggest that the higher one climbs in the ranks of masonry the closer one comes to the inner lodge. File both of those notions away, and take them out later for a good laugh.

When I said we are all proxies for powers and principalities beyond our comprehension, I meant it. I didn't say that somehow I am privy to the secrets of the universe and you're not. Most of my intellectual searching has led me along the likes of Daniel C. Dennett, Richard Dawkins, Steven Pinker, etc.. Physicalist, materialist scientists who will corroborate my statement using a model of the universe they understand. When Dawkins, for example, suggests that human beings are little more than lumbering robots designed to haul our DNA around, he was suggesting an ultimate (or transcendent) explanation for the limits of our self-knowledge. No woo-woo factor, no magical thinking, and no safron robes required. On the other hand, to a worm in horseradish, the world is horseradish. I don't totally agree with any of these folks, and I think this is the healthy way to be. We somehow have this idea that if a person is brilliant in one area, that his opinions on everything else must be valid, too. Crap. Aristotle was brilliant, but his ethical theories were done better and with more punch by Socrates, in my opinion. Plato was brilliant, but also a putz who thought mirth and irreverence were bad qualities.

There are other notions that people should disabuse themselves of, as well. One can have an experience that is impossible to describe in language, but that doesn't make them "enlightened" in any sense other than they have caught a glimpse of something that is ordinarily quite hidden. It happened to me, and I held the experience close to me for a very long time. It doesn't mean I can move objects with my mind, and it doesn't mean that I suddenly know all the answers. It also doesn't mean that I must now be stoic, patient, wise, humble, or inscrutable. I have never suffered fools well, and this hasn't changed.

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by applebiter
One can have an experience that is impossible to describe in language, but that doesn't make them "enlightened" in any sense other than they have caught a glimpse of something that is ordinarily quite hidden. It happened to me, and I held the experience close to me for a very long time.
If you do not consider such experiences to be enlightenment, than either 1) how would you define enlightenment, or 2) what would you call your indescribable experience?

It also doesn't mean that I must now be stoic, patient, wise, humble, or inscrutable.
Must? Perhaps not. But isn't the aftermath of such an experience well served by contemplation of both its revelation and its consequence?

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 04:50 PM
link   
I don't want to get stuck in semantics. I will agree that the word "enlightened" might be appropriate, but not everyone will read that word the same way. What I'm trying to dispel is the idea that, having once seen the light, you will always see so clearly afterwards. This idea smacks of an attitude that enlightenment can be handed to you, and once attained, you no longer have to work at it.

The question of the implications is an interesting one. I don't think it is possible to have this experience without it changing your life course. A typical response is a desire to become more involved in community and to live above board and upright. The happiest side effect is the utter and absolute banishment of feelings of alienation and separateness. With this comes the knowledge that money, power, and prestige are a pitiful substitute for what we are really hungry for.

We should open another thread some day, to discuss some of the pitfalls of trying to overly define the implications of the experience.

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 05:38 PM
link   
oh my. speak of the devil...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join