It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush Speaks of Possible Iran Invasion

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Wow, a big time news agency reporting this (CNN), things could be getting serious.
Trying to prepare the general public for the possibility of an Iran invasion?
Looks that was to me.

MESEBERG, Germany (CNN) -- U.S. President George W. Bush claimed Wednesday that he had no regrets about the decision to invade Iraq and topple Saddam Hussein in 2003 and reiterated his determination to force Iran to halt its nuclear program.
He said he had told Merkel that diplomacy remained his preferred choice for dealing with Iran. But he added that "all options are on the table" and said Tehran needed to "verifiably suspend" its uranium enrichment program. Iran maintains that its nuclear ambitions are peaceful.

"The message to the Iranian government is very clear: that there's a better way forward than isolation and that is for you to verifiably suspend your enrichment program and the choice is theirs to make," Bush said.

CNN

The title of the article is: Bush: No regrets over Iraq invasion
yet if you read the article, its ALL about Iran and its nuclear program...

Get ready people, could this be that Martial Law status move people believe Bush will pull before he gets out of office?

Mod Edit: External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 11/6/2008 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 09:33 AM
link   
I say let Bush invade iran!

...just as long as it is him alone. In a ford pinto. with a watergun. wearing a clown outfit.

havefun with the iranian guard georgie. the rest of us will try and clean up th poopshow you left behind...

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 10:15 AM
link   
He is a moron.

George Carlin is quoted as saying that bush minor is a man who knows nothing about history being led by men who care nothing for it.

We don't have the militray might left to invade Iran, muchless hold it... if we attack Iran we will do nothing except unite the people behind the mullahs...

Military action against Iran will become a nightmare that will not only inflame the whole region it will be a disaster of unprecedented scale for the United States.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 10:42 AM
link   
TheRepublic,
You paint a very interesting picture of Bush...
Does it resemble this?

hope you enjoy!

[edit on 11-6-2008 by Odessy]

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Odessy

It burns! It burns! My poor little eyes!

They say a picture is worth a thousand words. Right now I just seem to be at a loss!

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Odessy

So all options are on the table, huh. Bush certainly likes his options.

The military as it stands is already worn and overextended. Unless, this administration reinstates the draft, I don't know see how the U.S. can afford to take on Iran as well.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by maria_stardust
reply to post by Odessy

So all options are on the table, huh. Bush certainly likes his options.

The military as it stands is already worn and overextended. Unless, this administration reinstates the draft, I don't know see how the U.S. can afford to take on Iran as well.

You could look at it like that... or you could look at it as our troops are already there...

Worn and overextended, i agree, but I dont think thats enough to stop us from going into another war.

The army is now recruiting more and more convicted felons as well to get recruitment up. thread

Also, mandatory service has been presented to congress every year, so the possibility of a draft is quite high.

And this war may be different too.
This one may just be bombing the hell out of Iran instead of sending insurgents...
either way, its BS imo...

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Why can't we just embrace that old hippie expression, "make love, not war"? It always seems to come down to the use of violence as a means to an end.

Unfortunately, war with Iran seems undoubtedly imminent. It also appears that the likelihood of a draft is not so far fetched.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 01:46 PM
link   
I would expect it to happen sooner rather than later.

Most likely from the air, in conjunction with the Israelis would seem like the obvious scenario.

We can take out their electronics and let the Israelis finish the job.

Just like we took out the electronics in Syria and gave the Israeli Air Force a clear path with no resistance.

We haven't built those monstrous bases in Iraq for no reason. There will be an American presence in the Middle East for the rest of our lives.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Bush wants reinbercement for nuclear warheads distributed.

Of course cheney supplies and gives face to that demand.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by maria_stardust
Why can't we just embrace that old hippie expression, "make love, not war"? It always seems to come down to the use of violence as a means to an end.

Unfortunately, war with Iran seems undoubtedly imminent. It also appears that the likelihood of a draft is not so far fetched.

indeed.

The hippie expression would only work if EVERYONE felt that way, including the countries that dont like us or their neighbors.

and as for the latter part of your comment... its true, and a very scary idea.
Either join, or move to canada...

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 06:22 PM
link   
There will be no draft,no ground war,just simple airstrikes if this happens.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Odessy

man you read my mind! and the photoshop just brought it all together...
tell me why that thing aint in the guggenheim museum!

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Did anybody actually bother to read the story?

Bush says nothing about an "invasion." The story talks about further sanctions.

I thought when you post a news story you're supposed to use the actual title from the story, not make up your own title that misrepresents the content of the story?

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Odessy

Man as much crap that Russia had to go through for us to support there nuclear program, so why would they want to go through the same crap that will probably result in another cold war or world war. It is not a good idea for Iran to do this and if invading is the answer then let it happen

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by jamie83

Well my friend, first, you shouldnt worry about something that the Mods are supposed to take care of.
second, this isnt under the breaking news where you do, in fact, have to use the headline as the title.
third, I did mention the headline in the OP.
fourth, these are my thoughts of how the news is making subtle hints toward the possibility of invasion.

Trust me, the headlines of CNN are NOT going to read, "Bush Plans on Invading Iran" until Bush actually does invade Iran.

you have to read in-between the lines to figure out the news before it happens...

What do we know?
We know that the US is claiming Iran is training Iraqi Insurgents.
We know that the US labeled the Iranian Army (an official govt. army, not just sub groups like the taliban or Al Quieda) terrorists, the first time we have ever labeled a nations army terrorist.
We know that Iran still has a nuclear program even though we have asked them to stop.

What do we suspect?
Well, judging that we thought Iraq had nuclear warheads, but didnt, Iran actually having a nuclear program would warrant (by our past standards) invasion.
Seeming how we are trying to win the "war on terror" and we claim that Iran is training insurgents, thats even more room for invasion.
And based on past speeches by Bush not wanting to leave office until the situation is taken care of, some suspect that he will invade Iran before the next election (soon) and claim Marshal Law, allowing him to stay in office indefinitely.

Now I want you to observe how I separated the two.
What we know, and what we suspect.
Using these two categories, mixed in with current event stories, we can take these pre-war articles and try and determine whats really going on in our presidents head.

Now, I specifically posted in this forum so that I could put whatever title I wanted, because these are my beliefs on the subject, and my conspiracy.
You also cant post topics with no conspiracy underlinings on ATS, they go to BTS for general discussion...

So please, dont try and do the Mod's job, and dont try and act like your so much better than anyone else... this is a conspiracy forum... or you can just make CNN your homepage and check the news there, though I doubt youll get as interesting topics or conclusions as you will here...

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by tpeele

I suppose thats one of looking at it, but I like to think that the US has more important things to worry about in its own society than looking for reasons to fix other countries...

That being said, there could be some sort of alterior motive for wanting to go to war with Iran.
You can think of any reason for this, I'm sure oil is one.
Either way, this is a big deal both ethically and for the economy.
If the dollar continues to fall, the North American union, imo, wouldn't be looking so bad for America.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by alienstar
There will be no draft,no ground war,just simple airstrikes if this happens.

I think thats highly possible.

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheRepublic
reply to post by Odessy

man you read my mind! and the photoshop just brought it all together...
tell me why that thing aint in the guggenheim museum!

I'll probably never be allowed to serve our govt if anyone sees that picture...
only in America can we do that without being executed lol.

but when the revolution happens, that picture will my flag lol

top topics

join