It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BMW Concept Car - Insane

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 08:33 AM
link   
This is about as cool as it gets. The car has a flexible skin that reveals items on the dash as needed and the lights open and shut like blinking eyes.

here's the article
www.autoblog.com...

check out the video. it's insane.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Ok the design is cool..
but CREEPY!
Skin, and blinking eyes for lights..

If only Stephen King had heard of this when he wrote Christine..
*shudders*

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

Holy Cow that car looks amazing
if there's ever a remake of Back to the Future, this better be the car they use

But in real world application
im not interested if it doesnt get 100 mpg

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 04:17 AM
link   
That just blew my mind. I hope they do end up making a production model. Definitely outside the box thinking on this car though.

I wonder how many other car companies are going to follow suit and expand on this concept.

It would be interesting to see if they would use this fabric

The fabric is similar in construction to the chain-mail armor worn by medieval knights. It consists of a network of small rings about 500 microns in diameter and even smaller links about 400 microns long (a micron is 1 millionth of a meter).

snip..

Because the rings and links can slide and rotate against each other, the fabric possesses unique mechanical and electrical properties. For example, the electrical resistance changes when the fabric is stretched. These properties could prove useful for the development of smart fabric and wearable electronic devices for pervasive computing.

“The first layer of fabric could consist of silicon islands with embedded circuits or sensors,” said Liu

“The resulting fabric could generate electricity, detect movement or damage, or serve some other active role,” Liu said.

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 04:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

The dopest thing I've ever seen. Paired with hydrogen or another alternative energy, this 100% the wave of the future. Amazing.

new topics

top topics

join