It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Need some advice about property

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 01:39 AM
link   
Well, since all of the replies... and knowing that your place will be permanent for living.. I would second alot of what the previous posters said about setting up your homestead... the underground idea (building and tunneling) should definately be looked into, but one thing you should really scrutinize is the water tables and levels if you are to go sub-terrain routes. Natural water runoffs would not be so inviting if you had to get below ground without the proper location.

Have you done any testing as far as your well depths go? Which ones are dry and those that are supplying, that should give you a rough idea idea of what the water table is in the area you are in, even if they are dry you might want to make some notes at different times of the year for varying conditions. It's pretty easy, really.. just drop something in that will give you a "dipstick" reading, it could be a length of pipe or whatnot... and if you are gonna build or work underground, you may want to + or - a couple of feet or so for the water table.

If they are hand dug wells then it is a whole other monster.

hope this helps

~telemetry~

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 01:43 AM
link   
Is the creek flowing fast enough to power a small hydroelectric generator? If so, that might be a valuable option should something happen to your wind power.

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 01:51 AM
link   
reply to post by ag2000

Have you thought of a thorny Hedge. This used to be popular in New Zealand. Perhaps there are rocks you can gather up to build a length of fence. These would offer A modicum of privacy.
Also Poplar trees (or similar fast growing trees grown close together & you could use these as posts for chicken wire. They would be good windbreaks But watch for angles to allow sun. Do you have those bush gum (Australian type) that are grown for kindling wood? You cut them & they keep producing more branches for about three years. Might be a money earner as you conceal your fields * no-one can object to you cutting these. Although I love this site I have a hard time finding things again.

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 01:59 AM
link   
Don't overlook having each and every well's water tested in a lab the creek's water as well if you have animals or plan that aspect of a farm.

Don't start a david Keresh type thing the Govt. will come and attack you.
it's the last thing the govt wants to see. as it gives ideas to other Americans to do the same and that is a frightening event for the powers that be. As the American economy depends on consumerism .

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 05:36 AM
link   
property is good for the future so that u can easily be live in your house. Properties like house and commercial place are must for the survival.

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by ag2000

So, you have a HUGE chunk of land and want to know how I plan on using mine?
Nice try but no.
You'll figure it out I'm sure.
Btw gratz on your first flag!

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   
seismic/motion sensors detectors would work great. This is what military uses for large plots of land to protect. You can adjust sensitivites to accomodate small game (rabbit, coyote, etc.)

seismic detector

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 11:28 PM
link   
our company property management santa rosa ca provides the property for the residential purpose as well as commercial purpose.Our advice to you is that you need to buy the property fir the commercial purpose for your future safety.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by ag2000

Cattle are HELL on fences.

Rather than fence the whole property well (very expensive proposition), focus on areas to keep the cows.

For cost (and durability), I like large wooden posts with the 8"x8" grid wire fencing myself.

Hooking up an electric wire along it isn't a bad idea either. You don't even have to have it on every day, just now and then, to let them know it's there.

600 acres is going to be impossible to secure without a LOT of manpower in a SHTF event. Great idea for the mutual defense thing, but man, co-owning land will (over the years) create a mountain of headaches as relationships falter, etc.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   
The investment in properties is good for the future because the prices of the properties are increasing very fast.property management santa rosa ca is the best site which deals in buying and selling properties.

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 05:04 AM
link   
If you need some advice about property then property management santa rosa ca is the best site for properties.You have to register to the site and send your problems and the advice will be given to you immediately.This site also deals in buying and selling properties like residential property,commercial property etc.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join