It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Joining the Military to gain "Inside Info"

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Please don't.

You would probably not make it anyway. That and you would make things harder for those that are there for the right reasons.

The profession of arms is not to be taken lightly. Take it seriously as it is serious. It is a sacred honor for the trust placed in you to give the ultimate sacrifice for your country, people, and in the olden days, for your sovereign.

An oath taken is something to be respected. All you have is your word. Don't throw that away.

You will probably not listen, but be warned, you are acting like a fool. Fools get fools and good men alike killed in war.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   
You want "inside info" but desire to shoot big guns and blow things up?

Listen, if you want THAT job, hell, it's yours. But, you're in for a world of hurt. Yes, you can find it, these jobs. R&D (any branch of the mil) is dying to have guys like you to test weapons. Unfortunately, that means waver after waver and you're likely to incur harm on yourself sooner or later.

I felt terrible for the guys that were sent in to test the microwave weapons. Boiling under the skin. That's how it felt. And how long they could stand it. Oh they were paid, I promise you. I'd have to look it up if I still have it but I can tell you this, it wasn't all that much. You want a fast track to the inside? Be a test subject.

I just don't recommend it.

By the way, if you break even ONE of the Non-disclosure forms that you will sign, you might as well say goodbye to any future you might have dreamed you'd have.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by lucius01
Only if you stay in the military for a very long time and show certain characteristics will they give you any secret info. at all/.

So if you want secret info., get someone to hack the Austrailian gov. computers.

"secret"clearances in the U.S.military are fairly routine(cooks/ firefighters/security all get 'em) but you'd be surprised at the innocuous uninteresting stuff classified"secret". Even base Phone books are FOUO ( For official use only.)
Anything you are inferring (A.K.A. "good stuff") will certainly be"compartmentalized" and there are only a limited number of slots for each program. and it is exponentially more"controlled" than even everyday " Top secret". So yeah; really bad motivation.

edit on 19-9-2012 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-9-2012 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 04:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by 46ACE
"secret"clearances in the U.S.military are fairly routine(cooks/ firefighters/security all get 'em) but you'd be surprised at the innocuous uninteresting stuff classified"secret".
So yeah; really bad motivation.

Sound advice in this thread. We didn't hear back from you but, if you haven't already joined, I recommend taking more time before jumping in head first.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 06:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by LifesNomad

The military is exceptionally cautious and diligent when it comes to accepting people to priveleged positions, especially where security classifications are granted.

In America Green Card holders couldn't get US citizenship unless they completed 3 years honorably in the military first...passed the test...and paid the $375 to get citizenship.

Ole Presidente Bush passed a law giving 100% FREE expedited citizenship to any Green Card holder in the military.

They REFUSED to get citizenship because then they would get deployed...plus not having citizenship they couldn't get a SECRET security clearance and thus couldn't be forced to do work in secure areas such as the flightlines.

Reading the news stories about the deployed who have died.....They have started deploying Green Card holders with no US citizenship.....giving them access to SECRET things..........

There no longer is Operational Security. I could tell you stories that would blow your mind. Those Green Card holders decided to NOT get that free US citizenship......and were deployed anyways.

Ship/aircraft movement and other things are now..........known to the baddies because OPSEC was thrown out the window.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by The Soldier Of Darkness

You probably should have just thought you comments in your head rather then post them on an internet site as all information is visable to all for ever and anyone with the facilities can trace it back to you.You are more then likely going straight into some weird experimental secret testing that will leave you in a forest gump level of retardation

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Don't? Seriously, if you're trusted with that "inside info" your knowingly sharing it with people is treason and puts your life, and more importantly the lives of others, at risk. I don't think any users wanna get shot/imprisoned for reading something some dumb ass posted on ATS. Needless to say, I doubt you'd get in anyway... I could understand if you wanted to learn just for the sake of knowledge. I'd understand if you wanted to put that knowledge to use to benefit your country. But this is just plain dumb.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Just making this thread will ensure you wont be doing much but cleaning toilets for the next 5 years ..

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by essanance

one more year and he'll be promoted to polishing shiney things.

lol the guys been gone for 4+ years. i suspect he was banned for admitting to sharing the account with other individuals.
f(uk).

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   

One way to get into the know how very fast is to join the SAS.

But you would have to endure their loyalty test for at least 12 months.
Than a minimum of 2 years with special training. Than yo will know how much they trust you. Because their trust is AlfaOmega.
But by that time you will be so into it that you wont know what you have been a part of until your retire. And ATS will be the last site you would want to spill your guts. Because you would know where to put solid knowledge and get paid at the same time.

So don't bother to join the army for a reason you have today.Because by the time they are done with you, you will have forgotten your mission. You can only serve one master. Its either you or its them.
edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 02:59 AM
link   
The only reason I suspect most intelligent posters bother with ATS is because they realize it is being monitored. Anyone who *really* wants to talk about classified stuff dies- I mean -does it face to face. That being said, the proof is in the pudding. And this pudding looks like concrete.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 01:39 AM
link   
Not military or have ever been, but I would think if you join to serve your country that is very admirable. But I would suggest that you consider if you join that if you become involved in any hight tech classified sections I would think you would have to sign a non disclosure agreement. Then deppending upon the classification I would think you will be monitored even after you leave your tour of duty to insure nondisclosure. Not military but it sounds reasonable.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 09:32 PM
link   
whats the newest black project im hearing about on the radio? talking about intelligent people being recruited for some underground military project and kept in camps.

posted on Aug, 14 2013 @ 02:39 AM
link   
You would be weeded out after your first written Psych exam.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join