It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Joining the Military to gain "Inside Info"

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 03:01 PM
link   
As long as you are honest, have a good heart, and do what you love while doing your job, you have nothing to worry about.

I am training for the sheriff's office and trust me, they will check everything. I can only imagine it on a military scale.

Curiosity will not stop you from doing what you want, only your performance will.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 01:49 AM
link   
reply to post by The Soldier Of Darkness

Take some very, very serious advice - do not post topics like this, in forum's like this.

I remember a cat who applied for CBTC (Commando Basic Training Course) back when I was a green hat.

He had made a website on the SASR / CDO / other SF units - he formed opinions, posted his basic information, had a guestbook to talk to other SF wannabe's.

This website came to light on his background check (which is a standard check on anyone getting vetted for security clearances, which you will definitely go through). He was rejected.

The military is exceptionally cautious and diligent when it comes to accepting people to priveleged positions, especially where security classifications are granted. If you're really naivie enough to post a topic on "inside info" in the Aust Military, then I doubt you'll ever make it.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 04:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by PokeyJoe
They DO NOT care if you post on ATS or any website like that....they do not check your web activity when investigating you for any kind of security clearance.

I don't know if that's true or not, but if it is, that's highly irresponsible of them considering the "terrorist threat".

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by NuclearPaul

Originally posted by PokeyJoe
They DO NOT care if you post on ATS or any website like that....they do not check your web activity when investigating you for any kind of security clearance.

I don't know if that's true or not, but if it is, that's highly irresponsible of them considering the "terrorist threat".

Well its 100% true.....I have a TS clearance right now, and I post on here every day. So there you go....

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 10:25 AM
link   
you wrote us here on the world wide CIA information gathering system to tell us you plan to sabatoge the Austrailian Military. to gain inside information...

Don't trouble yourself, it would take you 30 years just to get the key to mens room, for using it - not cleaning it... and unless you are family -
well then you will never find out -- no matter how high you get...
and since you said here in your post that you want inside information... well - that killed your chances for turning to the dark side of the British Empire...

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by 888LetsRoll

Well, as much as u all think that someone in the military will somehow track these posts to me, which is impossible, as once again, my inet account does not belong to me...but anyway, thanks for your concern, i will keep the rest updates who do believe it's possible though.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by 888LetsRoll
you wrote us here on the world wide CIA information gathering system to tell us you plan to sabatoge the Austrailian Military. to gain inside information...

Don't trouble yourself, it would take you 30 years just to get the key to mens room, for using it - not cleaning it... and unless you are family -
well then you will never find out -- no matter how high you get...
and since you said here in your post that you want inside information... well - that killed your chances for turning to the dark side of the British Empire...

He will find Out the truth!

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Soldier Of Darkness
reply to post by 888LetsRoll

Well, as much as u all think that someone in the military will somehow track these posts to me, which is impossible, as once again, my inet account does not belong to me...but anyway, thanks for your concern, i will keep the rest updates who do believe it's possible though.

Doesnt matter who's account you are using or where you use it from. Would you like me to tell you.

Your Name
Your Parents Names
Your Address
Where You buy Your groceries

Give me a day and i would no your entire life. Trust me

You havent got a clkue who's waiting watching and recording. Also dont write off those who came to help!

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Belthermar

I just sent you an email in response to the message left on my profile.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 11:47 PM
link   
The very fact that you had the make a thread claiming you're going to join the military to learn inside information is enough to show you're not mature enough to handle the responsibilities to both (A) get in a position to get near anything vital or (B) sensitive material itself.

Not to discourage you but you need the cookie cutter mindset to get into those programs and judging from what you've provided so far, you're lacking in a lot more than that.

Good luck tho..

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Depends what unit you get assigned too.. If you want some "inside" information, your best bet is trying for the SAS - but you will need balls of steel..

Good luck to whatever path you choose.. I got up to the stage where i had to choose to go on to the Defence Force, but chickend out at the last second.. I regret it know, might try again soon.

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Well personally I think you have made a really bad choice to bring this subject up on here. Someone like you does not deserve to wear the Aust flag on your uniform. you are a disgrace to this excellent country, people like you will be found out about in Psychological testing and in personal background checks. Join for the better of this country, not to snoop around hoping you'll find a AUSTEO folder containing that aliens exist. As for governments tracking u down. It can be done and we do pay people to get this information. Either way some secrets are meant to be classified due to the best interests of National Security. Some secrets will horrify you as you may not be able to Psychologicly handle it. Then when you tell people what you have found, then they will just think your nuts anyway.

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Only if you stay in the military for a very long time and show certain characteristics will they give you any secret info. at all/.

So if you want secret info., get someone to hack the Austrailian gov. computers.

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 10:10 AM
link   
You're seriously considering the commission of treason on an internet forum... Are you sure you have above average IQ? I wouldn't go around saying something like that.

[edit on 11-7-2008 by Lucidliving]

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 07:57 AM
link   
I was in the british army for many years.
I come from a military back ground and my grandfather worked on the stingray projects and A-WAX and various many other TS project that he worked on at Marconi
I joined hoping I would be able to serve my country and maybe become an SAS soldier I trained in the special weapons hoping this would angle me into more interesting roles with in the military I have an high iq and was very very fit but I still was medically discharged after damaging my legs
but as many have said on here it will take you years to get the granted access rights you so wish you will have to put up with a lot of BS that the military carries.
Some one has said they do give you vaccination that you have no clue what they are for.
You will have to serve in hostile countries where your presence is not wanted
You will be in contacts and be shot at
You will see people killed
And maybe if you have survived all this then maybe you will get peek. You will never ever be allowed into the whole truth

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Joining the military with the express desire to be assigned to "Top Secret" projects is likely not to turn out the way you want it. I'm pretty sure that the Aussies run their security pretty similar to ours (as we have joint classifications) and ours isn't that exciting. If you get the SpecOps job you want you WILL be read on to a high level clearance, but that really doesn't mean anything. All intel sections and sensitive projects work on need to know. You might have the clearance, but if you don't need to know to do your job, they don't tell you.

Clearances above Top Secret are organized into compartments. You might get a TS/SCI clearance that allows you to be eligable to look at pretty much anything, but only be read on to a specific compartment. You don't have free access.

Just because I am read on to a few compartments doesn't mean I can request documents about Roswell or Area 51 or chemtrails. I know better than to ask too.

If you want to join the military, cool, but do it because you want to join not for some ulterior motive, and don't be disappointed if you never get assigned to any black projects. I signed up as a tanker, no chance of going SpecOps and only clearance enough to know that I wasn't allowed to know a lot about the tank I was working in. I got assigned to a project simply because they had a position that needed filled and I needed a job. No super special selection process, and I'm not a freemason or a skull or anything. I'm not even a member of the Y. Just a citizen with a clean record that was in the right place at the right time.

Oh, and the Army doesn't microchip you. You can refuse vaccinations. We drink city water. Its not freakin' 1984 just cause you join up. All that is a load of crap from people who never served and like to listen to themselves talk. In my opinion anyway, but since I am currently in the Army and have been for the better part of a decade, I think its pretty informed.

The Aussie tankers are good guys, a lot of fun to work with. Crazy as hell.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Sorry...I read this thread and not meaning to sound condisending, but it would seem you may have some very naive notions about the whole military thing.

Just a word of warning from someone who did do the military thing:

Prepare for a life of grind and bull#...that is pretty much the crack for most soldiers.

That and you are looking at a decade or two to get anywhere "interesting".

Sure you'll end up signing the national secrets act but that more or less is covering national "secrets" that are pretty mundane.

Oh and one more thing, it was mentioned earlier in the thread, I cant remember who but most of the secret stuff that you are wanting to find out about are in fact tasked to civillians on the most part.

Most of the high end military secrets are counter-terrorism related.

You may want to step back and have a very hard think. Iraq/afgahn and all the other s**t holes that you would get sent to (unless you are in the french military then you will be doing sweet FA) are believe it or not hell on Earth. Everything becomes very mundane and all you are concerned with is staying alive. Trust me on this one...it is not a fun existence.

Anywho good luck with what ever you decide to do.

M

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Many responses ring true.
You sound real young;

A"clearance" does not grant you access to wander through files looking for"good stuff". "good stuff"is not distributed throughout the military where it is not absolutely needed to do the job.
Any"good stuff" you do have a need to know, and are granted "access to is only controlled so it will provide you an advantage in combat and probably save your life or the life of other troopers one day; and you are not going to blabber to the world to just shoot yourself or your buddies in the foot."
Finally:
It's not a freakin' hide&and seek game. Information is protected by counter intelligence professionals for a reason.
You would be committing "espionage" to seek out information you have no valid "need to know.."
'nuff said...

There are a million Good reasons to join your country's military this is possibly the antithesis of every one.
( I.e.the "worst" motivation Ive ever heard.You are obviously not to be trusted with even the chow hall menu a week in advance. )
edit on 17-9-2012 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 07:05 AM
link   
Joining The Military just for the purpose of gaining some inside knowledge of secret military projects. I bet you should a good skills in doing because I believe it is not that easy..

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Y'all do know this thread is 4 years old, right?
I doubt it's still a going concern.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join