It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Joining the Military to gain "Inside Info"

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 07:33 AM
link   
I'll be joining the Australian Military soon, for personal reasons, and also in the hopes of getting into a position to gain some inside knowledge of secret military projects.

Pine Gap, secret underground bases, black ops etc.

This thread is directed more to ex military guys, or military buffs who can give me some advice...

But i'd appreciate anyone's opinion.

What department in the military would I have to join to stand the best chance of gaining access / knowledge of secret projects etc ?

I know the intelligence field is one option, but i'm not exactly the smartest guy around...My IQ is a bit above average

What would you guys say are my best options ?

[edit on 11-6-2008 by The Soldier Of Darkness]

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Do you really understand what you're doing?

Joining the military for inside info. Do you know how many years it could take before you could be in a position to discover anything "inside".

You say that you're also joining for other reasons, but please give it a lot of thought, it's a huge step to join the military, be sure that you're ready.

I wish you the best though and if you join try to stay close to a computer and check in with us from time to time.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by elevatedone

Believe me, I have given it a lot of thought, I am still pretty young, and am willing to wait a few years...

But thats the reason for this thread, I need to know what the best choice would be from someone with this kind of experience.

Let's say I join a specialized combat team...I could see that my experience doing a few years of special ops. might get me recruited for something bigger ?

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 07:44 AM
link   
With an average IQ, odds are you won't be doing anything exciting. They don't just hand out security clearance in cracker jack boxes. Any "inside info" or secret projects will most likely be run by civilian scientists. You may hope to be able to be security at such a place, but again.. you don't just sign up and tell them what you want to do. You pick a job, if you are lucky they will actually give you that job. They hand pick people for special assignments and your odds of getting one would be very slim.

A background check would probably eliminate you from any special assignments.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 07:44 AM
link   
And what if they force you to be microshipped like in the US army? You'll end up in jail if you don't accept. Also, you could be sent to Iraq, Iran, Afghanistan. Do you really want to die?

Seriously, it's not worth it, IMO.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by The Soldier Of Darkness

Again, you can't just sign up for "special ops". If you want that, you have to sign up for basic infantry and then test in to get on special forces. You have to be "special". Even then, you are given orders and you execute the orders. They don't give you the background on what you are doing and why you are doing it. You are a tool for them to use. If you survive long enough, you might get involved in making those decisions but it would be after a LONG time of service.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 07:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Karlhungis

My background is clean...

I recently had to get full police clearance from all countries I ever visited for more than a year, including my home country, and they all came back

"no trace"

Meaning I am clean, I've never been arrested, or anything in that regard.

I am also pro NWO, and willing to take orders without any question

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Oh yeah, for the record, I wasn't trying to "rain on your parade", I admire anyone who is willing to serve in the military for their country.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 07:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

I have no problem at all getting chipped...

If you've read any of my other posts / threads you'd have read that I have even contacted "Verichip" and said i'd volunteer for any future "projects" they have...

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 07:55 AM
link   

I'm young, fit, healthy, I have a 3 year college degree in IT, I am pro NWO and would follow orders without a second thought.

My plan was joining basic infantry, and then testing for more "specialized" roles, but I wanted to know if there might have been any other options.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 08:10 AM
link   
I ended up feeling a similar way to this when I watched ten years worth of Stargate: SG-1 consecutively in under two weeks.

It passed.

Would it not be easier to just ask your "guardian" for "inside info?"

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 08:11 AM
link   

A 3 year IT degree isn't really very significant when it comes to the military. You need to get in to a military acadamy like Westpoint or the Naval Acadamy, not sure what the equivalent would be in Australia. You need to go in as a commissioned officer. As an enlisted person, you simply won't have access to much of anything.

I am not sure if your version of "fit" is the same as the special forces version of "fit".

Here is the physical fitness test for the Navy SEALS' training program, known as BUD/S (Basic Underwater Demolition/SEALs). Are you up to it?

Swim 500 Yards

Maximum time allowed is 12 minutes, 30 seconds -- but to be competitive, you should swim the distance in at least 8 to 9 minutes, utilizing only the Combat Swimmer Stroke, sidestroke, or breast stroke.

Push-ups

Minimum number is 42 in 2 minutes, but you should shoot for at least 100 for an average score. Do not pace yourself. Push as many push-ups out as fast as you can, but do not neglect proper form or the SEAL instructor will not count them. (Rest 2 minutes, then move on to the next exercise.)

Sit-ups

Minimum number is 52 in 2 minutes, but you should strive for at least 100 in 2 minutes for an average score. PACE yourself! Try doing 20 to 30 sit-ups in 30 seconds; that will put you within the 80-to-100-sit-ups range for 2 minutes. (Rest 2 minutes.)

Pull-ups

The minimum is eight pull-ups with no time limit, but you cannot touch the ground or let go of the bar. You should be able to do 15 to 20 to be competitive. Try a pyramid of pull-ups: work your way up from one pull-up the first set until you can no longer do any more sets, then return down the pyramid repeating in reverse order (1,2,3,4,5,6,5,4,3,2,1). (Rest 10 minutes before the last exercise of the test.)

1.5-mile run

Wearing boots and pants, the maximum time allowed for this one is 11 minutes, 30 seconds, but you should be able to cover the distance in 9 to 10 minutes to be competitive.

If you shoot for these minimums -- you are destined to go to BUDS and just TRY to survive each event of the day. That mentality will wear on you quickly and you will most likely quit or become injured from lack of training / overuse injuries.

Keep in mind, the entire test is done back to back and the minimum isn't good enough. Just making the minimum will not get you in, you need to be better than most of your competitors.

[edit on 11-6-2008 by Karlhungis]

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Forget about Military Intelligence, its mostly directed at threats and you are unlikely to be given access to any X files. Actually I correct myself, if you are in protective security you will be given to access to X files. X files being the new name for the files and binders related to nutters mail, of which defence gets reams of.

Any that is received at a unit, and has a return address ( sounds silly, but no one is going to spend time tracking down anonymous mail and funnily enough, most of the nutters want replies so will include address) is forwarded to MI for a threat assessment. And as an aside, addressed mail to Defence gets a reply, no matter how far out the subject. Which is why you sometimes hear of woo woos saying they have been corresponding with defence about the saucer in the backyard.

If you want to go into the spooky world of the military you need to join Signals. However its unlikely you will get to see anything especially exiting there. Though there is some great jobs. Being a cipher courier is brilliant for a single man. You spend most of your time flying around establishments rekeying crypto equipment.

As for Pine Gap, when I was in there was only a few uniformed positions available for oz military and they were at W02 level, most of the other stuff is at high level, is civilian and only a couple of them anyway.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 08:18 AM
link   

You certainly seem adamant in ruining my plans here

Pull ups, push ups, the 1.5 mile run, that i know I can do for sure..i don't swim much tho...

I understand that you are saying that you have to be super fit and dedicated and what not...

But special ops, and intelligence detail can't be the only way to get close to the inside ??

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 08:26 AM
link   

You could also be a TOP NOTCH scientist and go at it from the civilian side. Again, requiring a crap load of education though. You could also try out being a pilot which requires an education, perfect vision, size limitations and other medical standards. Even then, odds are you won't be involved in anything secret. You would probably have to be the best of the best to get in on any secret aircraft. They wouldn't just hand the keys over to a mediocre pilot right out of school.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Soldier Of Darkness
I'll be joining the Australian Military soon, for personal reasons, and also in the hopes of getting into a position to gain some inside knowledge of secret military projects.

Pine Gap, secret underground bases, black ops etc.

This thread is directed more to ex military guys, or military buffs who can give me some advice...

But i'd appreciate anyone's opinion.

What department in the military would I have to join to stand the best chance of gaining access / knowledge of secret projects etc ?

I know the intelligence field is one option, but i'm not exactly the smartest guy around...My IQ is a bit above average

What would you guys say are my best options ?

[edit on 11-6-2008 by The Soldier Of Darkness]

I would be discouraging joining the military for these reasons you have stated for the following reasons:
1- all your posts on ATS will be included in your 'file' and your character assessment will reflect this. Maybe this would work to your advantage, but I really doubt it. I suspect that the word 'security risk' would be on your file somewhere.
2- when you join the military in most countries, you forfeit some basic civil liberties. My understanding, and correct me if I am wrong anyone, is that you are not allowed to refuse vaccinations or medication (unless for medical reasons); you are given varieties of pills, and basically, you can be experimented on without your permission or even knowledge. The list of exposing grunts to risks when testing new technology is uncomfortably long - including exposing Aussie soldiers to A-bomb tests here in Australia. I am also told that all military personnel drink fluoridated water, something else I do not believe is at all healthy for the human body.
3- you won't get into any intelligence sections. You have to be bloodline, vouched for, and/or be a member of some fraternal organisation, or at least a member of Rotary, Lyons etc to even qualify. Same applies in the UK, NZ, Canada, and the USA that I know of for sure.

But, on the good side, you would learn skills, discipline and get fit. You just got to weigh up WHY you are doing this imho.

peace

Duncan

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Well i don't know much about the Military but i do know they will not give you any INside info

Why?

Because your on ATS saying I'm going to join to get inside info I'm sure that would send up a Flag saying we can not trust this guy

But hey good luck We need more people in the Australian army

Lol Duncan beat me to it

[edit on 11-6-2008 by duffster]

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 09:14 AM
link   
haha i think i would have a better chance. Going to finish my law degree and the join up as a legal officer. Also become a freemason for the advantages i would get out of it. I've been to those dinners. lol.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 09:28 AM
link   
If you're joining the military for that reason, you're probably best off joining an air division - you get promoted a lot faster, which will ultimately ensures you can look about in places you wouldn't be able to if you were in the regulars.

But if you really want to do it the easy way, i'd suggest going political.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 09:36 AM
link   
You may have to be in the military like 20/30 years before
they consider you for any secret projects. Unless your really
special, not just above average IQ, but a real genius.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join