It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Canada a hideout for Terrorists?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Canada has always been pretty soft on security, and here's a story of one family, that for years denied they've had any links to Al-Qaeda, and now they revealed that they're 'An Al-Qaeda Family'. I live in Toronto, and I wonder how many more 'sleeper cells' are here. Is Canada even ready for a terrorist attack? I doubt it.

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 08:51 AM
link   
www.thestar.com.../Layout/Article_Type1&c=Article&cid=1078355412024&call_pageid=968332188854&co l=968350060724

Oops, forgot the Link

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Islamic or Muslem terrorists kickin' back, maowing down on Canadian bacon.

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Self admitted, so it seems:

"Canada admits: We're terror haven"
"22-page intelligence report says 'most notorious' groups still flock to nation"
www.worldnetdaily.com...

regards
seekerof

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
Self admitted, so it seems:

"Canada admits: We're terror haven"
"22-page intelligence report says 'most notorious' groups still flock to nation"
www.worldnetdaily.com...

Not exactly something you put on a postcard, eh seekerof?

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 10:55 AM
link   
You ask anyone born in our country about our immigration policy you will get this response
. I was talking to a woman(Canadian) at work that wants to move out of the city because her children are a minority in their own neighborhood. So if the immigr. policy is so lax you will get sleepers, etc.. The PEOPLE are not proud of this.

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 10:57 AM
link   
I would almost guarantee numerous cells there...

Luckily, most are well known and tracked, and result in the uncovering of several other lesser known cells, as they are often sloppy....if you believe the reports of course....

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 11:00 AM
link   
What's the problem with the children being a minority in their own neighbourhood? What exactly is the benefit of the children being among the majority?
My child is a minority in our neighborhood. I don't see a problem with it.

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Mine aren't. I was relating her feelings. She feels that her community has changed in a manner that even the local politicians were not born here, and the concerns of those Canadians will be put on the back burner for the interests of those not born here.

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 11:10 AM
link   
I saw a few months back Canada was actively recruiting Americans for jobs they couldn't fill...and granting "economic asylum" for unemployeed Americans. The highly skilled and educated ones.

I can't find squat on it though regarding programs, or how it works. I have ALOT of reasons to start over in another country and no reason to stay in the US.

Who wants me?
Canadians send me links.

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
Mine aren't. I was relating her feelings. She feels that her community has changed in a manner that even the local politicians were not born here, and the concerns of those Canadians will be put on the back burner for the interests of those not born here.

Ok, I understand what you meant now.
So this is obviously a community that she's lived in for some time, and that feeling is definitly understandable.

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by RANT
I saw a few months back Canada was actively recruiting Americans for jobs they couldn't fill...and granting "economic asylum" for unemployeed Americans. The highly skilled and educated ones.

I can't find squat on it though regarding programs, or how it works. I have ALOT of reasons to start over in another country and no reason to stay in the US.

Who wants me?
Canadians send me links.

checkout Workopolis.com

It's an excellent canadian job postings site.

BTW, if you were from another country, you could be a biological engineer, but here in Canada, you won't be recognized unless you re-educate yourself in Canada. I know many intelligent doctors, engineers, who work as janitors, or don't even work at all.

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Thanks for the link quintar!

To bring this back to the topic, I thought the deal with Canada was they need to fill skilled jobs so badly that's why they kind of have an open border policy. They like advertise in India for Doctors and such. This was on 60 minutes a while back like I said.

But anyway, that link is cool. My industry (marketing research) is booming up there now selling it's services back to American corporations for less than American firms.

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Rant, you are right. What has happened is that our skilled workers have found better paying jobs in the States so we have to fill those jobs from outside, it's called the Brain Drain.

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 11:48 AM
link   
This is taken from CSIS (Canadian Security Intelligence Services) website.

"With the possible exception of the United States, there are more international terrorist organizations active in Canada than anywhere in the world. This situation can be attributed to Canadas proximity to the United States which currently is the principal target of terrorist groups operating internationally; and to the fact that Canada, a country built upon immigration, represents a microcosm of the world. It is therefore not surprising that the worlds extremist elements are represented here, along with peace-loving citizens. Terrorist groups are present here whose origins lie in regional, ethnic and nationalist conflicts, including the Israeli-Palestinian one, as well as those in Egypt, Algeria, Sudan, Afghanistan, Lebanon, Northern Ireland, the Punjab, Sri Lanka, Turkey and the former Yugoslavia.

By way of example, the following terrorist or front groups acting on their behalf have or had supporters in Canada: Hizballah and other Shiite Islamic terrorist organizations; Hamas; the Egyptian Al Jihad and various other Sunni Islamic extremist groups from across the Middle East and Maghreb; the Provisional Irish Republican Army (PIRA), the Tamil Tigers (LTTE), the Kurdistan Workers Party (PKK), and all the worlds major Sikh terrorist groups. Some supporters of the international Islamic Jihad cause are also present in Canada, with a few of them possibly linked to Al Qaida."

more is available here

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by quintar
Canada has always been pretty soft on security, and here's a story of one family, that for years denied they've had any links to Al-Qaeda, and now they revealed that they're 'An Al-Qaeda Family'. I live in Toronto, and I wonder how many more 'sleeper cells' are here. Is Canada even ready for a terrorist attack? I doubt it.
Why should Canada be ready for a terrorist attack. I don't think anyone wants to terrorize Canada. It's the greatest country in the world.

The authorities to a great job of protecting the people.

[Edited on 4-3-2004 by IMMORTAL]

new topics

top topics

join