It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Bush regrets his legacy as man who wanted war

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Is anyone really all that surprised by this? Leave it to the uber-christian president to think he can just repent when his term is almost up and all will be well.

Ugh...

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 01:57 AM
link   
(in the words of a motivational speaker)
Come on people....
Sympathy... sympathy..!
You have to be show some sympathy to his needs

Bush: "Man, my approval rating is in the... "
Some 4 Star General: (to intel officer) "Dumps!? Did we ever locate those weapons dumps?"
Ground Relay: "Where... was that...?
American Soldier: (Afghanistan, 2002... letters home) Everything is brown, and when the wind blows it reeks of..."
Cheney: "Toxic Gas!" Thats it... they have them!
CIA Agent: "Wait... could it be.....?"
Army Chemical Weapons Director: "Anthrax! yesssss..... muahhahhaha!"
Bush: (Maniacal laugh)
Innocent Victim: "Oh... the..."
CNN: "Terror! A new generation."
Media Conglomerate: "Just push the.."
Typical American: "and what exactly does this..?
Cheney: "Push The Button Already!"
Maytag Repairman: "It enables... spin cycle"
Rockhound: "It spins, slowly polishing the coarse.."
Plumber Man: "Turds!"
Jewler Man: "They start out as rough rock, but they don't come without a price, son..."
FOX News anchor:"The rising costs of energy has the population..........."
Bush: (Thinking)
Texas Man: "Oil!"
Everyone Else: "Well?"

No matter what, you cant polish a turd, or put perfume on a pig... and that is the moral of this story.
But, maybe he is hoping to get a job as a stand up bleeping comedian once he gets out of office... because that is some seriously bleeping (I'm gonna snip this over-dramatic rant here) grrr... sensitive...

(insert your own thoughts there please)

Jeez, un bleeping believable. Is this a (snip) joke? I regret even thinking about it, or better yet this whole post of mine.
Oil well....

[Self Censorship and Such]
[edit on 12-6-2008 by telemetry]

~telemetry~

[edit on 12-6-2008 by telemetry]

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 03:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
We already know who our enemies want elected.

I'm assuming you mean McCain because as the Republican candidate he's likely to follow the current rhetoric and carry on with the actions in Iraq and Afghanistan, occupying two countries and thus providing your enemies with the perfect excuse to carry out increasingly worse atrocities and paint the US as the aggressor in a very dirty conflict.

So yeah, I'm sure they want McCain elected. Hell if I was a fanatic looking for a reason to kill people and further my cause, I'd be rooting for the man and the political party who was giving me the excuses to do it.

[edit on 12/0608/08 by neformore]

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 03:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by SystemiK
Where the hell does he get off trying to play the poor, misunderstood president? I guess I knew the "pity me", "I never wanted war but had to do it" speech was going to come sooner or later but I sure didn't realize how disgusting it would sound.

Yeah, my opinion too. If he was a man seeking absolution instead of pity, he'd do well to remember that the root-word of "absolution" is "solution." Instead of trying to lever in the "pity angle," he'd be better off to find the "solution" & apply it before he leaves Office.

At least Abraham Lincoln knew how to recognize a despotic king:
"Kings had always been involving and impoverishing their people in wars, pretending generally, if not always, that the good of the people was the object."

If he'd stuck to his Constitutional Oath, "faithfully executed the Laws," at least put valiant & sincere effort to enforce the Constitutional Laws on the rest of the government (after all, that's the Executive Branch's primary "check & balance" on the other Branches) & never listened to his council's "advice" to the contrary-wise, he wouldn't be in this situation to begin with. No pity for Bush from me.

Originally posted by yellowcard
I think history, time and new records will show us just how out of touch Bush was with the White House operations...and that indeed Cheney was running the show.

Bush was too complacent with his so-called "advisers," Cheney included. If Bush had even a speck of respect for his Constitutional Oath of Office & two braincells that could still rub together to create a coherent thought, then he would've known how far he'd be violating his Oath & just told them "NO."
He did realize that only Presidents who fight for the People & the Constitution are the ones most likely to get assassinated...And just decided that it was easier to comply with them instead of using his power to enforce the Law on them. Any way you look at it, Bush was at the very least a Willing Accomplice to all of those crimes against Humanity & his Nation...Aiding & abetting enemies of the nation is part of the Constitutional definition of TREASON.

Originally posted by mybigunit
I have a question who is more evil Bush who did all the crap that he has done or the democratic party that has stood by and watched him do it and then when they have a chance to impeach him TWO TIMES refuse to do so.

At the very least, any member of Congress who voted "aye" on the Patriot Act without even reading it first became (unwitting) accomplices as well...And even further, the Judiciary that did not declare it as Unconstitutional & any in Congress that did not act to immediately repeal it are also willing accomplices.

As long as Bush continues to hide all of these High Crimes & Treasonous Acts behind the "rhetoric" of Executive Privilege (which is nowhere in the Constitution mentioned as any kind of Presidential Power), Sovereign Immunity (never mind that the People are Sovereign over the government anyway) & violates more Laws through Signing Statements (because it's nothing less than usurping Power of Legislation from Congress), he can never deserve pity...He'll deserve only the Contempt of the People & the Law he'd sworn to uphold.

Originally posted by SystemiK
The fact that Bush will not likely be held accountable for his treasonous acts against this country indicates to me that future presidents will be allowed the same amount of lattitude with no fear of recourse.

That's how past Presidents have grabbed each new Power...Once something is "in place" (illegal or not) it gets harder to remove it the longer it stays. The People gradually grow old & die with the youngsters growing up "being used to it." Social Engineering & deliberate "dumbing down" of the People at its worst!

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
There's many more things Id call this man, but scumbag seems as fitting as I can say it, in regards to the T and C

...Or with a string of punctuation symbols so long that it may edge the border of T&C's for the sheer mass of them...

Originally posted by sc4venger

When the President determines a catastrophic emergency has occurred, the President can take over all government functions and direct all private sector activities to ensure we will emerge from the emergency with an "enduring constitutional government."

Yeah, right! War doesn't make peace (at least not until everybody is dead, on both sides) & violating the Constitution with every breath he takes is not going to make it "endure" (since it too will be dead & buried).

Another pertinent quote from Lincoln:
"Allow the president to invade a neighboring nation, whenever he shall deem it necessary to repel an invasion, and you allow him to do so whenever he may choose to say he deems it necessary for such a purpose - and you allow him to make war at pleasure."

Originally posted by Sacreligion
Is anyone really all that surprised by this? Leave it to the uber-christian president to think he can just repent when his term is almost up and all will be well.

"Uber-Christian" my gluteus maximus! If anything, he's been following the path that sets him firmly on the side of the anti-christ in Revelations!

[edit on 12-6-2008 by MidnightDStroyer]

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
As for the rest of your post, I'm not interested in your opinion.

Americans will decide who leads this country, for better or worse.

Just curious, but you can honestly sit there and believe that Bush & Co. have done NOTHING wrong in terms of the events leading up to war and during the war now???

Again, curious, but what do you think about this little video.....
video.google.com...#

I believe in everyone's right to their opinion and respect it as such, but to totally follow our leaders without question and believe that the current admin., not to mention numerous past administrations like the Clinton admin., has done nothing wrong at all is quite ridiculous!!

I'm sure you still believe that Osama Bin Laden was the 9/11 mastermind too huh??? If you do, I think that once you get that out of your head, you'll better understand why these drummed up wars are illegal and a waste of our resources and above all, a waste of our young men and woman around the country.

But hey, this is the new AMERIKA!! The decider has decided, forget what the PEOPLE think. Since this is NOT a democracy or a republic or a country bound by law, we can't really get that upset.

Purduegrad05

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Here's a little taste of the documentary. So far nobody's posted the full show on Youtube.

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 07:53 AM
link   
As this administration winds down we are going to hear from every public face they have. Regretting what has happened and what hasn’t happened. Some will write books and memories and profit off of it. Maybe George could put together his own. It might make a great coloring book. Everyone is going to bug out and gladly hand over the keys to the next administration to pick up the pieces. Someone posted that the Bush Family had purchased several thousand Acres in South America, whether that is true or not. Bush is going to lay low. Surround himself with people he trust and wont tell him all the bad things happening in the world. I think as this period of American history is analyze, dissected by historians we will see how the game was played, who were pawns, and who were moving the pieces.

River_dogma

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 08:20 AM
link   
OH POOR BABY!!!

Maybe he should think of that every time he starts threatening another country (like Iran) with attack.

The man make me want to throw up.

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 01:04 PM
link   
He is thinking about his book deals and TV interviews and public appearances.

Even more profiteering..

[edit on 12-6-2008 by mOOmOO]

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Then can I suggest the US President gets a bout of udder depression and trip and fall off a freeway bridge?

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by mOOmOO

I have never engaged in this kind of post before but mOOmOO, your post almost never fail to completely repulse me. I wonder if that's your intent?

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Actually.. Reading it. He isn't sad about what he wanted his legacy to be. He is sad that the media has spun his actions to make it about war, death etc. I hate to admit it.

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 03:05 PM
link   
It's very simple: The Iraq war is the biggest political hurtle that McCain is facing and Bush wants to get him in the White House. Then JM can "bomb bomb bomb, bomb bomb Iran."

[edit on 12-6-2008 by whatsup]

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maxmars
reply to post by mOOmOO

I have never engaged in this kind of post before but mOOmOO, your post almost never fail to completely repulse me. I wonder if that's your intent?
'

If it works, fine by me

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by SystemiK

These statements by Bush make me sick.

Did he think we would forget this quote:

"I'm a war president. I make decisions here in the Oval Office in foreign-policy matters with war on my mind. Again, I wish it wasn't true, but it is true. And the American people need to know they got a president who sees the world the way it is. And I see dangers that exist, and it's important for us to deal with them."

Meet The Press

He is saying all of this crap now, trying to save his name and re-write history. Did he forget that most everything he has ever said, is on video, or in writing somewhere. I swear many of these politicians are from a bygone era of society, where you could say things and not be held accountable because it was never written down or recorded. The internet has truly changed the envrionment for many of these crooks.

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by iamcamouflage

Not to worry, Bush will never manage to save his name OR rewrite history to save face. The damage done is too great and too unforgetable. If history is to be rewritten, it will be down the line when the full knowledge of his actions are known. He will go down in my book as a man who sold out America's values to the highest bidder. Not the first, nor the last, but most likely the worst.

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 12:58 AM
link   
reply to post by SlightlyAbovePar

My God man, how do you not see that Bush is a scum-bag?

It's a lot worse than that.

You make yourself look bad sticking up for him. Bush will be known by our grandchildren as equal to Hitler.

What a wonderful legacy that is.

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by SlightlyAbovePar
Look, disagree with the President all you want - I sure do - but calling him a "Scum bag" lowers you and these forums.

No you don't. You're the most fervent defender of the official 9/11 pack of lies.

Scumbag is too generous.

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by mOOmOO
Then can I suggest the US President gets a bout of udder depression and trip and fall off a freeway bridge?

What's udder depression?

Is that something cows get?

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 03:41 AM
link   
reply to post by stumason

Pay no mind, there seems to be a bad case of 'hoof in mouth' disease going around....

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join