It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

8s are huanting olimpics

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 01:20 AM
link   
the olympics are being haunted by 8s the olympics are on 08/08/08 and the earthquake happened 88 days before the olympics what could this mean is this an indacation of something bigger

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 02:30 AM
link   
Even more related to "8": the earthquake happened on 05/12, so 5+1+2=8, and also 05/12 is 04/08 in chinese lunar calender, so coincident.

River

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 02:42 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 02:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by mullet35
the olympics are being haunted by 8s the olympics are on 08/08/08 and the earthquake happened 88 days before the olympics what could this mean is this an indacation of something bigger

The date, 08/08/08, was intentional on the part of the Chinese government, since 8 is supposed to be a lucky number. Makes it kind of ironic that the rest of the 8s you've dredged up are related to a deadly earthquake

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 04:38 AM
link   
There are also 8 letters in the word "olympics." OMG!!!

Not to say for sure that anything won't happen, this is a pretty stupid way to go about things.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by alaskan
There are also 8 letters in the word "olympics." OMG!!!

Not to say for sure that anything won't happen, this is a pretty stupid way to go about things.

It may look stupid from the viewpoint of one who hasnt studied coincidental occurrences, but I must tell you that if you would check everything that happened and compared it to any prophecy, you would get strange coincidences, and weirdly enough, numerology has more in it than you would expect.
I am not saying that I totally believe in things like this but to call this 'stupid' is actually a tad ignorant, and to be honest, quite offensive.
I kniow people who do numerology and they have repeatedly blown my and other people's mind with the so-called 'coincidental' correspondences.
Furthermore, horoscopes can also be eerily accurate, so, to dismiss this is actually quite 'stupid'. All we need to do is examine these types of coincidences and see if we can find out some more about the workings of real;ity.
I know quantumtheory does not ignore or deny prediction, on the contrary; it seems to confirm the possibility of vast interconnectedness.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 12:20 PM
link   
To quote this Colbert character on TV;

" I see patterns where none exist!"

The words Earthquake (10 letters) - OG (Olympic Games, two letters) = 8 letters!

Gosh. Coincidence?? -I think so, yeah....

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 12:25 PM
link   
You might be interested in my thread on the date of August 8, 2008. Olymics start at 8:08? As Vishnu said to Gopi, "What the fudge?"

August 8, 2008

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by stikkinikki

Yeah... 8 is a lucky in China. So? They want all the luck they can get.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 07:10 AM
link   
My birthday is on 08/08/08 does that make me part of something bigger? no... mere co-incidence... damn the paranoia on these boards are at fever pitch!!

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 07:34 PM
link   
wow 2pac even had numerology in his death or supposed death! neat!

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 08:26 PM
link   
hey wait a second.

we are in the year of 08. so i guess anything bad happens, its all cause its 200 8!!!!!!! Good grief. some people need to take a minute and breath and see how ridiculous they are being.

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 05:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by bknapple32
hey wait a second.

we are in the year of 08. so i guess anything bad happens, its all cause its 200 8!!!!!!! Good grief. some people need to take a minute and breath and see how ridiculous they are being.

I dont understand how people can come to a site dedicated to the discussion alternate subjects. Some people like to explore the possability of the unexplained and if one is to put an opinion out there this is not the place to just say pull ones head out. If you dont beleive in god dont go to church if you dont like this type of discussion go to the yahoo forums but dont put people down because they dare to have an opinion. The 8's are supposed to be lucky in china I think this year can put that theory to rest.

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Yah know...6 is also a lucky number in China...

Hench... the cold medication named 666 (Haw!)

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by cosmokatt7

Yah know...6 is also a lucky number in China...

Hench... the cold medication named 666 (Haw!)

...except that 666 isn't the number of the beast, its actually the name of [emperor] Nero in ancient hebrew. The true number is actually unknown, though the earliest reference we have to a number of the beast is in the ancient Greek texts of the bible where it is stated as being 616.

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by mullet35

Michael Phelps did win 8 gold medals! I guess 8 is his lucky number. It made his total 14 gold medals, so he didn't have the "unlucky" 13.

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by James Random

666 is the number of man, and the number of the beast.

rev.13:18. "Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is six hundred threescore and six"

Also that number is the number of his name.

[edit on 4/10/08 by blupblup]

top topics

join