It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Magick and Masons and Degrees

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Just a thought. Magick is memetic reprogramming. All that you can do with it is enlarge your consciousness, but o boy that is enough. You can't expect but a small percentage of Masons to be interested in magick. Of those, you can only expect an even smaller percentage to "get it". The rest of them are trying to conjure elementals or afflict their enemies with cancer. The only thing you will ever really divine is your own mind, but since we are all 99.99999% the same, that is sort of like divining everyone else's mind, too.

I'm not a Mason, so nobody get pissed, ok? I'm not going to elaborate. Lemme see... I'll put it in the form of a question.

...nah, better not ask that question...

[edit on 11-6-2008 by applebiter]

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 02:24 AM
link   
reply to post by applebiter

Uhhh...ok? I'm not all that sure what the point of your post was.

There are several posts here that explore the link between masonry and magic. I think even the more occult involved masons would agree there isn't a link - although if you enlarge the definition of "magic" enough, you might find one. But you have to expand it so large that _every_ ritual with purpose is magic - which means all of our daily rituals - because magic. And somehow, I doubt my taking a shower is magic (no commentary from the peanut gallery please
) - so taking the definition that wide just doesn't sit well with me.

I am however very confident there are 0.0000000000000% of masons who are dabbling in magic because of masonry. Those who do, would do so regardless of their masonic affiliation, and their membership neither encourages or discourages what they do.

There is nothing to "get."

[edit on 11-6-2008 by ALightinDarkness]

new topics

join