It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If Iran gets attack, What happens here in the US?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 06:46 PM
link   
I will make a prediction or series of predictions. 1. the US economy will suffer badly, with many countries dumping their US bonds and currency holdings, most notably China. 2. Russia has supplied Iran with sophisticated anti ship missles. Our fleet could be badly damaged. 3. China could attack Taiwan and retake it. Russia probably has a wish list too, but I don't know what's on it. 4. Expect North Korea to act up again and Japan will be screaming bloody murder. 5. the US equity markets would swoon, with no probable remedy. Pension funds would be at risk. 6. Our resources would be badly depleted, with nothing left over to handle climate changes. One bad hurricane season could see martial law selectively enforced in the US, particularily in gulf coast regions. There could be population displacement in the US with semi permanent refugees. Anywhoo, that's how I see it. Feel free so say I'm full of crap! Take care----PC

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Every time someone talks about Red Mercury in their post, I know to laugh and ignore everything they say.

Just a hint.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by son of PC
Feel free so say I'm full of crap! Take care----PC

Hey I don't think you are full of crap. I think a lot of us on here does see the harm in attacking Iran. The thing is does our government want these kinds of problems?

Some say yes, to finish bringing us all into the NWO.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Iran does pose a threat to stabilization in the ME. The US wants a Middle Eastern Union, with the US in control.

Iran won't play nice, so Iran stands in the way.

Problem is, China will do what is necessary to protect Iran as 17% of China's Oil comes from Iran.

Look for China to attack Taiwan very soon as to avert the US attack on Iran. You heard it here first on ATS.

[edit on 11-6-2008 by jetxnet]

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by jetxnet

Problem is, China will do what is necessary to protect Iran as 17% of China's Oil comes from Iran.

[edit on 11-6-2008 by jetxnet]

17 lol? i read it was 75 %!

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Actually it is between 13% and 17%

China's oil giant Sinopec Group has signed a US$70 billion oil and natural gas agreement with Iran, which is China's biggest energy deal with the No. 2 OPEC producer.

Under a memorandum of understanding signed Thursday, Sinopec Group will buy 250 million tons of liquefied natural gas over 30 years from Iran and develop the giant Yadavaran field.

Iran is also committed to export 150,000 barrels per day of crude oil to China for 25 years at market prices after commissioning of the field.

Iran's oil Minister Bijan Zanganeh, who is on a two-day visit to Beijing pursuing closer ties, said Iran is China's biggest oil supplier and wants to be its long-term business partner.

Official figures show that China imported 226 million tons of oil in2003, about 13 percent of which coming from Iran.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Without counting on the alleged "sleeper cells" ready to strike or China and Russia acting on Iran's behalf, in the event Iran is attacked, here's the most immediate and most logical scenario of what we could expect in the United States.

1. The barrel of oil goes up, at least to $200. $200 has been a figure discussed by the Bilderberg Group to finally decapitate the middle class. Once the population is forced to pay over $5.00 per gallon, all bets are off.

2. Diesel price goes up to over $7.00 per gallon, causing transportation strikes nationwide. Once this occurs, our 3-day food supply gets depleted, causing riots.

3. The President declares martial law.

4. The stock market and financial systems collapse.

5. Internment camps are put into action via FEMA.

6. Elections? What elections? They are at least postponed for six months.

7. If China and Russia get involved, a new draft is implemented. Perhaps Bush is waiting for the Olympics to start, so that China doesn't get involved.

...and I could go on an on.

[edit on 11-6-2008 by manticore]

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Civil War - at least if the American people have any guts.

If these crooked fools manage to get into another disastrous Middle East war, against the wishes of the American people, the military leadership, and the rest of the world, it's time to look at deposing them by force.

Thomas Jefferson himself conceded that this might some day be necessary, it's starting to look like it might be time to listen to him.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shar
I hope I have this in the right place.

With all the talk we have going on that it won’t be long now before Iran gets attack, What do you think will happen to us here in our own country?

Do you think we could actually have bombs over here? Possibly nukes?

Do you think they will call a draft?

Or something else? Thoughts. All responses are welcome.

Being in the Naval Reserves I would be activated right away....yippie...

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 09:04 PM
link   
The point to understand is that Iran will give away its nuclear material to their state sponsored terrorist lads. If so, Israel will not tolerate the slightest suggestion that their friendly neighborhood terrorists have nuclear material, let alone biological agents. Should that happen, Israel would certainly go after the source-IRAN. At that point, no matter the use of conventional weapons or Nuclear, once a site in Iran is hit that has nuclear material, it is all over folks. Iran will bite back- I would guess they would immediately take out one of our US Naval Vessels to shake everyone's morale and launch a full scale missle attack against Israel and our forces in Iraq. Hezbolla will begin their ground assault with Syria's support. The President will have no choice to take action. If we lost one of our ships unprovoked, most countries would step aside and let us settle the score with Iran as long as we assured them we would keep the flow of oil going to their corners of the world...oh there's that word again...oil...yep..its all about the oil. Keep it coming and we are just one happy world.

What we should be working on is a weapon that makes a nuclear warhead useless-somehow use our knowledge of physics to reverse the reaction or somehow channel its energy through a quantum window or tunnel that absorbs its detonation like a sponge. Wow- imagine having the ultimate weapon...a weapon that makes a nuclear weapon useless...now that could make some folks really scared if someone had that sort of technology...

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by mattguy404

quite intelligently put mattguy, bravo. i don't understand the current

NWO intentions either, unless skull and bones really mean what

they pledge - death of millions mantra, etc.

utterly sick.

Titor posed a potential worldline in 2001: middle east war turns

quickly nuclear, 1-2years later america collapses into chaos, civil war.

For around 4 years.

Until russia and china launch, and we're toast.

somehow russia becomes our "#1 trading partner" afterwards.

Dan Burisch doesn't mention this though, via the roswell 'looking glass' device, and it seems too scripted, too predictable...?

I strongly too believe NO good things can come from ANY war

in the next 5 years with ANYone country.

Little devil on my shoulder says: Iran gets attacked by Jan 20, 009. with Nukes.

Little angel says: no attack, but delayed civil war anyways, due to commercial real estate and bond market collapse.

Gas? Duh, someone is COUNTING on MORE middle east war to bring up prices per barrel. That should have been obvious last year.

It seems ALL BAD.

Question : Is this the conversation intelligent german citizens were

having in 1933? Same year Einstein figured it out, and left Deutscheland???

Have we not figured it out yet folks? Honestly (to quote dr. evil).

Corporate CEO's raping like there's no tomorrow?

Govt. spending like there's "no tomorrow"?

US citizens seeking out dual EU citizenships, 20 somethings included, to
have a chance for "a better life."

My wife and I are both full time physicians with 10 years experience and our lives suck compared to my cousins in Greece. SUCK.

We have prepared 2 out of state second homes, JIC (just in case), and
that's probably not enough either. We can't all leave in a spaceark, or
go into an underground bunkercity.

There is 1 thing though: the american public riot waiting to happen could push in the right direction, and could straighten out this mess. Doesn't seem likely, but there's always hope.

"Mene, Mene, Tekel u-Pharsin" Daniel 5:1-31.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 10:05 PM
link   
You know that thing that happened in Vietnam where you had to go to the Army whether you wanted to or not? Yea, the draft. That happens. So for all the people 18-25 who like to sit on the couch and eat Cheeto's it mean FAIL.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by drphilxr
There is 1 thing though: the american public riot waiting to happen could push in the right direction, and could straighten out this mess. Doesn't seem likely, but there's always hope.
"Mene, Mene, Tekel u-Pharsin" Daniel 5:1-31.

I agree that the hand writing is on the wall. However, the only thing riots will bring us is a healthy dose of martial law. Here is what I said back on page 2...

I also feel that we will initiate the draft and start pulling people in for this new conflict as well. We are already stretched thin with Iraq and we cannot add another front to the ‘War on Terror’ without picking up a substantial number of troops in a very short time period. I feel this will happen in the very near future as well for a very simple reason, the current administration has nothing to loose. Bush is almost out of office and he’s already about as low on the customer satisfaction poles as you can possibly be. So to take the heat off the next administration and to insure that no one can stop the train from rolling on, we will begin the Iran War and initiate the draft before the end of this year.

Our beloved congress has requested us to begin the draft every year almost since the conflict in Iraq began. They have even stated financial reasons as to why we need the draft just to continue our ‘War in Iraq’, so you know if we take up another conflict the draft is sure to come. Also, we are initiating the new passport criteria for the borders supposedly to keep the ‘terrorists out’, but tight borders and mandatory IDs also keep people in and keep a point of control for a time of draft. Just try to skip off to Canada to dodge the draft now. There is even some internet chat about border guards on both sides having orders to shoot first and ask questions later. Probably true.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 10:42 PM
link   
We should not attack Iran for any reason especially over oil.
We should build offshore oil wells in the gulf just outside territorial waters and use this technology

ANSWER!

Case closed we get oil!

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 11:20 PM
link   
So the oil should only belong to us?Figures the greedy nation we are now just feining over the last barrel of oil.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 11:44 PM
link   
In response to your question.

30% of worlds Oil travels through the straights of the gulf.

Iran has complete control over these waters. Iran has a fair few toys that she can use against targets floating in the gulf.

It could be a blood bath there.

Oil will hit $230 a barrel

ALL THE LIGHTS WILL GO OUT.

In many countries oil is used to generate Electricity.

Food across the globe will become very scarce.

Many Governments will implement Marshall law to keep order as millions will roit.

this is for starters...

As the months pass, NATO will continue to expend itself what with fronts in Afghanistan, Iraq The Horn of Africa and then Iran

Meanwhile the Russians & Chinese will continue to build up their armies and just sit on their hands ....waiting... Till there is little fight left in NATO...

the people of the USA owe the world a debt, after years of having to suffer your policing of you your dark governments deem theirs.
We the people of the world now need ...

THE PEOPLE OF USA NEED TO STOP THE CRAZIES FROM ATTACKING IRAN

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by mattguy404

the f-22 cannot be sold to foreign countries by law, you guys need to read the news a little more the world is not a total conspiracy

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Shar

If Iran gets attacked, we are officially in WWIII even though I think the game is already on. I also think that this would be a great site for govt agents to monitor given all the interesting viewpoints, hope they enjoy reading through everything.

As for how America will react, it all depends on how mass media and politicians spin it. Religious nutjobs and war mongers will make sure the masses follow blindly using the tools and resources available.

It can all be avoided, peace on earth would be nice but I don't see it happening. Enjoy the show whatever the outcome is.

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 12:34 AM
link   
WOW people great answers. Thanks for all your replies.

I see that the majority of people who has responded seems to think there is not a very good outcome for us here in the US! I feel the exact same way as sad as this is.

Now if our government would care to take notice at how bad they will make things for the people and just stop this craziness of trying to make everything go their way, life would be better for us all!!!

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 12:43 AM
link   
en.rian.ru...

TEHRAN, June 11 (RIA Novosti) - Iran's president said on Wednesday that the West had lost the confrontation with Tehran over the Islamic Republic's nuclear program.

The diplomatic standoff between Iran and the West began almost six years ago over suspicions that Tehran was secretly developing atomic weapons. Iran is currently under three sets of relatively mild UN Security Council sanctions after defying international demands to halt uranium enrichment, which it claims is needed for electricity generation.

Ahmadinejad said sanctions would not succeed in forcing his country to halt its uranium enrichment program. "If the enemy thinks they can break the Iranian nation with pressure, they are wrong," he said.

"Our enemies used every opportunity to pressurize us in the political and nuclear fields, and threatened us with the use of force. However, they have lost and they have no room for maneuver," he said in a televised statement.

In a message to U.S. President George W. Bush, the Iranian leader said his time was over. "You cannot damage a single centimeter of Iran's territory," he said.

Iran maintains that it has never been involved in research into the development of nuclear weapons.

A report released by the U.S. intelligence community in late 2007 said that Iran had ceased attempts to create a nuclear bomb in 2003. U.S. President George Bush responded that, "Iran was dangerous, Iran is dangerous and Iran will be dangerous if they have the know how to make a nuclear weapon."

When asked if military action remained an option, the president answered, "The best diplomacy - effective diplomacy - is one in which all options are on the table."

Ahmadinejad's statement comes ahead of EU foreign policy chief Javier Solana's two-day visit to Tehran. Solana, who is due to arrive in the Islamic Republic on Saturday, will attempt to convince Iran to suspend its uranium enrichment activities in exchange for a new incentive package.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join