It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If Iran gets attack, What happens here in the US?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 03:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by seircram

I don't know if Iraq had any allies at the time we invaded.

But Iran does have both Russia and China as allies, with (I believe I read this somewhere but don't have anything handy) mutual defense agreements.

At least two people I've listened to (George Green and Steve Quayle's "HAWK") think that a nuclear strike on Iran will lead to immediate nuclear retaliation on US Soil. As well as hit our fleet in the Middle East.

Both the above sources (Green for sure) have said the Russian's have very advanced nuclear attack subs that are "invisible" for all practical purposes off both of our coasts.

I believe this as well. I often go to the ocean just to look at it. I have talks with my husband I say to him, "what would happen if right this second men came from this ocean onto this land with their machines and guns and ready for battle?" he thinks I'm silly. Tries to keep my fears calm. However, to me it's very real and can happen!

I also agree with George Green and Steve if that's what they said. I find it very real that they can and will retaliate on my soil.

Karlhungis

If we attack Iran, I would guess that oil would double, a draft would be instated, people would riot, the world economy would be crippled due to the cost of fuel, food shortages would get worse, and we would probably face some terrorist attacks on our soil.

I agree with most of this. However, do you think people would riot? People to me just don’t seem to care about anything anymore. I am shocked that we have let our gas go to over $4.00 a gallon. Houses that should cost no more than $150,000 went to way over $600,000 and now homeowners are upside down in their mortgages. Food prices going through the roof. War on both Iraq and Afghanistan with talks on Iran. Listening to our every conversations through our phones and emails and just internet and mail in general. Cameras on every street corner, store, red light, roads, the sky. No one is rioting over any of this. Instead I hear people saying, “well if I’m not doing anything wrong, I have nothing to worry about”. No one is seeing this bigger picture going on!

Cyberbian

I feel you are so right in everything. Though I wish you were wrong. Especially, about the draft. I don’t want my kids to go to their war! I also agree about the diseases and starvation on a grand scale. I think if we go to war with Iran our whole country is going to change so bad we won’t recognize it any more.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 03:10 AM
link   
Shar, can tell you are worried about your kids and you should be!

Cyberian is an Obama supporter, comes to his defense every step of the way, but fails.

Did you know that Obama's leading foreign policy advisor authored the book titled "The Grand Chessboard"? The Grand Chessboard is a roadmap to a New World Order government with the US Corporations being in charge.

Obama's advisor, who is labeled as the NWO chief architect, which he takes pride in, states in his book that China must be defeated in order to continue NWO objectives and put the US NWO Corporations in the hot seat.

It isn't Iran you have to worry about, it is full-scale war with China over US greed and Obama's NWO model for government.

China stands in the way, because it too, wants a one world order, but under their Communist state-controlled manner of government where government rules the corporations, not (as in the US NWO model) where the Corperations rule the government.

So which war do you want, an air campaign over Iran that lasts less than 30 days, with the US Navy fleet taking the most risk, or a full all-out war with China, first with Taiwan and then for what will become the Asian Union.

I'd take the first before the latter any day of the week.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 03:21 AM
link   
reply to post by jetxnet

Oh wow! I want neither. However, I do believe that Obama, Clintons, Carter, Bush, etc…. is all after this N.W.O. thing. They all are going down this exact same path. I think China can wipe us out finically bankrupt us so to speak. We let them do it. Our government let them have control over everything and own everything. For one reason and one reason only to bankrupt us when the time comes!

So I’m not for sure well actually go to fighting arms with China cause I think they have a different agenda with them. However, Iran, Israel, Iraq they have to change their way before we can finish bringing in the N.W.O..

There is so much more going on than we all realize!

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 03:23 AM
link   
Yes indeed.

Read my signature link Shar, it is based on research and will show you why we are heading on a massive collision course with China.

Iran and the ME is just an undercard.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 04:07 AM
link   
Thanks for telling me about your post. You did a great write up there.

I think we should be very watchful of our leaders, they are not who they say they are!

These other countries are in trouble! Yet so are we. Cause they are not going to just lay down their arms while we trample all over them, they will fight!

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 04:17 AM
link   
They will fight, that is just it. No matter who gets POTUS, there will be continued and even new and/or bigger wars than we have seen in the last 60 years. Obama I fear the most as wreaking the most havoc and making the poorest descisions where the "time of troubles" are concened.

We all want to see our children grow up, and not be subject to such atrocities, but we are coming into some testing times.

Will we pass this test? At what cost? How can it be diverted or circumvented? Does it start with soveriegn nations, and not for Unions?

As more leaders and Corporations and dictators consolidate power, the greater chance for a margin of error in the form of Global warfare. This is because these descisions are made by few (and not the people or a Congress or another government faction, but by leaders with large Egos and greed.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 05:20 AM
link   
Well I can't say what'll happen to the US, but i'll certainly be finding out first hand from the Australian perspective...

I'm gonna be joining the military here, so i'm wondering if the US goes to war if Australia will back them up again...

Guess i'll know when I get sent to Iran with a gun and a backpack

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 05:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Shar

I think the draft will be the catalyst that will finally spark the riots. Right now most people can just complain about the general state of affairs from the comfort of their own home with out any real worries. Once they get their draft cards reality will hit home. Once they see their friends getting shipped off to fight a war against their will, reality will hit home.

The reality of dying for a war that you don't believe in will cause some serious civil unrest. Much more so than the encroachment on our rights or paying more at the pump.

I honestly believe that it will take a draft for people to finally take to the streets.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 12:47 PM
link   
It is an often stated concept that war helps a country’s economy, especially when it’s on a low or downward trend. It is actually a false statement, since all the money being generated within that county’s economy is coming directly from that very own government’s expenditures to support the war efforts. It is a temporary fix, at best, and the end does not seem to justify the means in my eyes. As a side effect of a necessary conflict, like World War II, where a world power with world domination on it’s mind needed to be stopped, it is acceptable. But I feel that our governemnt is using this as a reason to create and continue conflicts over seas. I think this was also partly the reason for the Korean and Vietnam Wars.

War Economy

However, I feel the real reason we are going to war with Iraq, Iran and other Arab countries right now is very simple. These leaders are not falling in line with the ‘world government’ and when they don’t cooperate, they are dethroned and replaced with those who can see the ‘big world picture’ and will play along. Everything else is a soap opera played out for us (the sheep) so that we can stay divided and out of the way. Oh, and by the way, all the people we are voting on for president have certainly been pre-approved prior to even entering the race as a republican or democrat, so it doesn’t really matter who wins, the end result will be the same.

I also feel that we will initiate the draft and start pulling people in for this new conflict as well. We are already stretched thin with Iraq and we cannot add another front to the ‘War on Terror’ without picking up a substantial number of troops in a very short time period. I feel this will happen in the very near future as well for a very simple reason, the current administration has nothing to loose. Bush is almost out of office and he’s already about as low on the customer satisfaction poles as you can possibly be. So to take the heat off the next administration and to insure that no one can stop the train from rolling on, we will begin the Iran War and initiate the draft before the end of this year.

Our beloved congress has requested us to begin the draft every year almost since the conflict in Iraq began. They have even stated financial reasons as to why we need the draft just to continue our ‘War in Iraq’, so you know if we take up another conflict the draft is sure to come. Also, we are initiating the new passport criteria for the borders supposedly to keep the ‘terrorists out’, but tight borders and mandatory IDs also keep people in and keep a point of control for a time of draft. Just try to skip off to Canada to dodge the draft now. There is even some internet chat about border guards on both sides having orders to shoot first and ask questions later. Probably true.

So now you have a draft, you are of the draft age and you ask the government for a passport to leave the country. Do you think your going to get it? After June you won’t be able to get on a plan, a boat, a train or even drive across the border. You might sneak across through the woods on foot or a dirt bike at night, if the helicopters don’t spot you. But the DHS is making agreements with both Mexico and Canada based on this ‘War on Terror’ which will make you an illegal alien in these countries and get you shipped back to the US to stand trial I’m sure. Or you can get under-the-table, below minimum wage jobs and hide out in abandoned houses or with sympathizers if you can find any.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Karlhungis

Unfortunately, the DHS has weapons at their disposal like the 'microwave hummer' or whatever they call the new microwave weapons that cook you where you stand. Seems like the perfect answer to an unruly mob, don't you think? That and a healthy dose of martial law and a curfew at dusk should do the trick. I think we will all fall right in line like we usually do. They are consatntly having drills in every state as practice martial law scenerios in case there is a 'disaster'.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Instead of rioting, hundreds of thousands of Americans would join the Iranian Army. It would become a civil war in the US.
I know who the good guys are, do you?

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop

The World will condemn the USA for its actions, and start limiting OIL exports, in an attempt to 'sanction' the US economy.

Dark years ahead.

Just a note on this really ridiculously dark prediction.
(that I 99.9% disagree could ever happen)

The USA has enough oil reservers to tell the world to go screw, all we need is the will to get it. Not only that but there are Oil sandsa in Mexico and Canada just begging to be processed. An esitmated 800 Billion barrels in just a few states that at "off limits" could fuel the US for decades.

Now if you'll argue we won't drill locally or it won
t happen fast enough...

If what you say were to come to pass, the age of the liberal would be at an end by will or by force.. drilling reserves here would instantly revive any econmic sanctions the world put on the US and the loss of US oil $$ would cripple the Middle East and Russia as the price would rocket DOWN.

The spped at hich we would find and extract the oil would be mind boggling.

OIL will not be a defining factor in your scenario, other things might criple the US but it will not be oil.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

The Universal National Service Act of 2007 (H.R. 393) is a bill introduced by Charles B. Rangel in the United States House of Representatives on January 10, 2007. It proposes the requirement that all residents in the United States aged between 18 and 42 carry out national service, and be available for conscription during wartime. It allows no deferments after age 20. It has two sponsors.

This bill would be very very popular if the events outlined came true... I seriously doubt having a draft is off the table... A draft would happen.. look how strained the volunteer forces are...

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by The Soldier Of Darkness

Unfortunetly Australia will just like the Uk back the U.S... in a major military action such as the invasion of Iran. Just like with the Iraq war... If I were you try to join a technical regiment.. So you don't go to combat..

thelede.blogs.nytimes.com...

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf37

Unfortunately, the DHS has weapons at their disposal like the 'microwave hummer' or whatever they call the new microwave weapons that cook you where you stand.

This is so true people. What then? I mean we know our own government will pull out this weapon against us, so then what?

Scary time ahead.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by gormly

The USA has enough oil reservers to tell the world to go screw, all we need is the will to get it. Not only that but there are Oil sandsa in Mexico and Canada just begging to be processed. An esitmated 800 Billion barrels in just a few states that at "off limits" could fuel the US for decades.

If this is true, then why are we fighting so hard to take Iraq's? Why are begging the middle east for their oil? Is there something wrong with ours?

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

I liked your scenario, however, have you considered possibility of some country using unknown very powerful recently developed weapon?

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Its important because it removes there ability to defend against us.
We wouldnt dare try to take their oil fields if they have nuclear weapons.
So we must make sure they dont get them, because as Iraq proves we are after the means to continue our world domination.

Without OIL, America DIES!
And the oils running out.

The oil isn't running out. As I've posted before, the U.S. Geological Survey's Oil and Gas Assessment shows that America has plenty of untapped oil beneath our own land and off our own shores. If our supply was cut from overseas, even by a quarter, Congress might have to do the unthinkable and *GASP* open some of this government-protected land for drilling *TOTAL GASP!!!*. Sarcasm in that last point there.

The worst case scenario, on our own shores, would be that while Congress opens the land for drilling, it takes 5-10 years to build the pumps, refineries, refine the oil and supply our own stations. During those 5-10 years our economy slips into a massive recession due to inflated gas prices due to military action going on in the middle east (just look what happened when the Israeli PM last week said an attack on Iran was inevitable - oil shot up $10/barrel in one day!) and people struggle to adapt.

What I DO NOT understand is why Congress WILL NOT open this protected land for drilling NOW?

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by princeofpeace

Well, for starters the 'DIFFERENCE' is that Iran's new nuclear reactor was constructed with the help of Russia, and that Russia's leaders have already said...you mess with them...you mess with US! Not to mention china's involvment with Russia.

So to answer in short what I think would happen if Iran were attacked...a SH*T storm for the US, not to mention you can count on martial law being enacted because of the rise in food, fuel costs which will lead to civil unrest.

You can more or less COUNT on something happening before the end of Bush's term or quite possibly before the elections, since Bush & Co. have laid out such a groundwork that it would be insane to not think, just by his previous actions that he or Cheney would not seize the moment to take over this country and continue with the PNAC/NOW plans at full force.

I'm just hoping that Yahweh (sp) nut is WRONG about tomorrow being the kick off date for nuclear war, and at least his track record (of being wrong) makes me breathe a lil easier.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by sos37

Its important because it removes there ability to defend against us.
We wouldnt dare try to take their oil fields if they have nuclear weapons.
So we must make sure they dont get them, because as Iraq proves we are after the means to continue our world domination.

Without OIL, America DIES!
And the oils running out.

The oil isn't running out. As I've posted before, the U.S. Geological Survey's Oil and Gas Assessment shows that America has plenty of untapped oil beneath our own land and off our own shores. If our supply was cut from overseas, even by a quarter, Congress might have to do the unthinkable and *GASP* open some of this government-protected land for drilling *TOTAL GASP!!!*. Sarcasm in that last point there.

The worst case scenario, on our own shores, would be that while Congress opens the land for drilling, it takes 5-10 years to build the pumps, refineries, refine the oil and supply our own stations. During those 5-10 years our economy slips into a massive recession due to inflated gas prices due to military action going on in the middle east (just look what happened when the Israeli PM last week said an attack on Iran was inevitable - oil shot up $10/barrel in one day!) and people struggle to adapt.

What I DO NOT understand is why Congress WILL NOT open this protected land for drilling NOW?

because that would cost a hell of a lot of money, to find, drill, build, hire, export, and maintain the places. and right now america doesnt exactly have the deepest pockets... were having a hard enough time paying for everything else, and look how bad were doing...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join