It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

War Profiteering "worst in history"!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 11:07 PM
link   

War Profiteering "worst in history"!

news.bbc.co.uk

A BBC investigation estimates that around $23bn (£11.75bn) may have been lost, stolen or just not properly accounted for in Iraq.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 11:07 PM
link   
A BBC research team and Panorama investigators gathered evidence about what we already new; only thing is, the US has a gagging order on them to stop them releasing severely damaging information.

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 11:52 PM
link   
imposing a gagging order would only incriminate you further

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 12:00 AM
link   
halliburton 'single contractor bids' are alot to do with this. Dick cheney makes me sick even thinking about the vast wealth he is gathering at the expense of soldiers dying, civilians dying, millions affected, all in the name of greed.

Disgusting.

for the BBC -I just hope they fight this gagging order and the world will truely see just how corrupted the USA has become.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 12:54 AM
link   
No wonder these guys are ready to bug out to Paruguay or wherever. The villagers with torches will be climbing the hill.
Mamma Bush must be so proud.
But I got my 240 dollar incentive check. Wish some of those lost/misplaced billions landed in my pocket.
This war was mismanaged militarily, financially, and above all morally.
Watch for some bbc reporter back in his garden with wrists slit and a 'surprising lack of blood'.

[edit on 6/11/2008 by jpm1602]

[edit on 6/11/2008 by jpm1602]

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 01:30 AM
link   
I watched that programme. It was quite good but i am disgraced that poeple actually make money from war

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 01:40 AM
link   
From the Supreme Commander of Allied Forces during WW2.

[edit on 11-6-2008 by Leo Strauss]

[edit on 11-6-2008 by Leo Strauss]

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 01:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Leo Strauss

We were warned and we failed. How do we put the genie back in the bottle? I don't think it can be done. Only a complete breakdown of society can allow for any sort of reset of order. I think we have a ways to go yet before that happens. Sadly, things are going to get a lot worse before they can get better.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 01:57 AM
link   
I am continually astounded by the consistency of corruption exposed in the workings of the military industrial complex. It's depressing -- this story didn't surprise me at all, I believe we've heard echoes of these types of kickbacks, in past reporting, many times, and this comes as no surprise.

The only thing I found interesting was that they actually cited the number of cases in US court that are unable to go forward, because of this 'gag order'. Of course, this doesn't seem to get mentioned in the mainstream press. Why? And documentaries about corruption are brushed off, because it's deemed there's nothing 'newsworthy' about eyewitness accounts, leaked documents, circumstantial evidence, and patterns of maleficence -- there's no legal conclusions to make the stories definitive. So they're dismissable. Frankly, it's an abominable Catch-22.

This type of corruption is a tremendous stain on the honor of the United States. It insults and undermines the men and women who would selflessly serve the public. Shameful.

And I'd be willing to bet that this paltry $23bn is simply the tip of the iceburg. More and more, it seem the 'Bush Doctrine' is to replace whatever remained of the independent economy of the United State with a government-colluding military/security complex, bolstered by a state of perpetual aggression, threat, and chaos in the world. They seem to think it's not wrong, illegal, and immoral, unless there's conclusive proof, consequence, and a 'controlling legal authority' -- and undermining any of those is fair game.

I almost didn't want to comment on this article, if you can believe, because of the endemic and systematic scope of these outrages. So I pipe up here -- what about the other hundreds of threads from the past year that this comment could be applied to? Or the ones coming in the future? Will I continue reposting, rephrasing, and objecting? The saturation technique of evoking outrage seems to be designed to desensitize.

I will not be desensitized.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 06:11 AM
link   
They ahd to use the gagging order because they know that people are far from being de-sensitised they are awakening to the threat that these war profiteers pose to our very lives, not our way of life, but our continued ability to breath in and out.

This gagging order is a damming indicator of just how soon those homes deep in Paraguy will be needed.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 06:27 AM
link   
Posted yesterday with link to BBC iplayer, here

The article headline has also been altered in this - against the forum guidelines.

The BBC iplayer doesn't have the programme up yet - I'll post a link when it does.

The BBC article as taken from the panorama programme, and the programme is well worth a watch.

[edit on 11/6/2008 by budski]

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 06:27 AM
link   
Hey. Gen Smedley Butler blew the whistle on this whole issue way back after the First World War. But no one listened. Stop for a minute and think about all the materiel that is expended in a war. Think about 'shock-n-awe' and how much munitions were expended in just that exercise. For every round/weapon used some company gets to manufacture another one. Think about the insane amount of fuel consumed by the military during wars. Companies (and the vey small number of people that own them) reap insanely obscene profits from this activity. So, given that, what do you think their position is on war? They LOVE it! And they are constantly working to convince politicians to expand wars. That's one of the major impetuses surrounding the Iran war. They're dieing to get that started. It's all about money. Don't kid yourself for a single second --- it's ALWAYS about money.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Please continue in the existing thread here.

Thank you.

Thread closed.

top topics

join