It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ex-ref: NBA playoffs rigged

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Its a shame.
First we get Barry Bonds,along with others,getting caught in the steroid drag net.Then we get the New England Patriots getting tape happy.And now the last shoe has dropped,we find out the NBA playoffs were rigged at one point.
Not that this is overly suprising I suppose,but to hear confirmed,is a let down.
Sports is suppose to be an escape from the everyday BS for people.
But we are continualy being let down.

(Yahoo.com)-NEW YORK (AP)—NBA referees, influenced by cozy relationships with league officials, rigged a 2002 playoff series to force it to a revenue-boosting seven games, a former referee at the center of a gambling scandal alleged Tuesday.

Without identifying anyone or naming teams, Tim Donaghy also claimed the NBA routinely encouraged refs to ring up bogus fouls to manipulate results but discouraged them from calling technical fouls on star players to keep them in games and protect ticket sales and television ratings.

sports.yahoo.com...

Full story here
sports.yahoo.com...

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 10:13 PM
link   
doesnt surprise me at all after watching the heat get phantom calls galore against the mavs.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Yea, the NBA Sure looks like it is rigging the playoffs...

Where the Ref just straight up refuses to call an obvious foul...

This years playoff seem to be the worst...

I can bet, that in 2002, one of the series that was rigged was the LA-SAC...

I still have kings fans that complain about that game...

We have to rememebr, this guy is a worm, and NOTHING he is saying can get backed up. He is trying to create sympathy for him so he doesnt get thrown in Jail for a long time... i dont realy belive him... i doubt the NBA, at the highest order, is telling the redfs how to call a game.

[edit on 6/11/2008 by TKainZero]

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Your link wont work.

It says the page cannot be viewed and a list of search results that are unrelated.

sounds juicy, i wonder if they have moved on to the NHL this year.

Luongo is in on it for sure!

new topics

top topics

join