It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jeff Peckman on David Letterman Tonight! Alien in window video

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 08:44 PM
link   
I did not read all the posts in this thread but I have watched the interview last night and I can tell that is was taken way more seriously that I thought it would.

David was actually telling the people not to laugh at some time during the interview and to me it went very well for the ufo community, Jeff and everyone that thinks aliens are real haven't been considered nuts at all.

0,02$

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Watched it too..he seemed to do his level best to present the case ..highlighting the facts of Romanek's extensive documentation of his experiences.ie recordings of sightings, visitations, mathematical equations ..and when prompted by Dave to the wider validity of the UFO phenomenon, Peckman provided the other facts of the thousands of "touch down" samples and the hundreds of officials willing to testify under the disclosure project initiative.

Although Dave seemed to resist the obvious mocking of the subject..there was mention of "kooks", and the audience seemed to play their 'scoff and ridicule' part well enough.

Plaudits to the Letterman show for, at the very least, jumping on the current band wagon

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Um this is somewhat related xD

My friend brought up a funny but very possible theory! He said, "Maybe it's a juvenile alien jacking the ship and taking a look at Earth close up, kind of like teenagers take their parent's car out for a joy ride." We both laughed but I think it's actually kind of a realistic idea, it would make sense of why an alien would be on the planet looking into a window! Even though I don't like that he happens to look into the window of Stan Romanek... still it's possible!

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticPerhaps

My friend brought up a funny but very possible theory! He said, "Maybe it's a juvenile alien jacking the ship and taking a look at Earth close up, kind of like teenagers take their parent's car out for a joy ride." We both laughed but I think it's actually kind of a realistic idea, it would make sense of why an alien would be on the planet looking into a window! Even though I don't like that he happens to look into the window of Stan Romanek... still it's possible!

Very original from your friend. It's straight out of "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy" and has been joked about endlessly on ATS.

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog

Originally posted by SkepticPerhaps

Very original from your friend. It's straight out of "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy" and has been joked about endlessly on ATS.

actually, i think the movie 'the explorers' back in the 80's was the first movie i can recall that had teenage aliens take their parents ship out for a joy ride.

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

In Hitchhikers Guide To The Galaxy, teenage aliens do not hijack a ship. Its Lunakhod Beetlebrow, President of the Milky Way that hijacks the ship.

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Scramjet76
How is clean energy magical?

I didn't say that. I said he was engaging in magical thinking, the belief that if one event were to take place, the world would be perfect. You most often see this in elections, with supporters of one candidate saying, "If Joe Blow wasn't in office... (or "If you elect John Doe...") ..all of our problems will be solved!"

Originally posted by Scramjet76
Telling the public they are missing out on all these great technologies isn't a bad angle to take. People already have a low opinion of "the government," thus it's a prime candidate to bear the blame.

Actually, it's a horrible angle to take. People may have a low opinion of the government, but that doesn't mean they will believe every outlandish story you tell simply because you make the government the villain. The public has an equally low, if not lower, opinion of conspiracy theories.

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Did they show 'the video'? Props to Letterman for not making fools of the critical hinkers who belive there may be intelligent life living on one of the million/billion planets in the/our known universe. Surely it makes more sense than someone in the sky with a long beard who opens the doors to pearly white gates, then again maybe I'm the kooky one.

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 01:51 PM
link   
i kind of stopped reading the replies on here because it seems many of them arent serious in any way really

i saw the letterman show that night and i also saw the one last night will scott mcllellan (sp) i think it was,,, the ex press guy from the white house

when i heard they were going to be on letterman just like everyone else i thought it was going to b e a complete farce and letterman would embarrass them and make fun of them like all the other times letterman had these "types" of people on ( i say "types" due to lack of a better word)

however in both situations both guests were treated with the utmost respect by letterman

it honestly seemed as if letterman was defending and supporting their causes and beliefs.

the reason for the audience laughter is exactly due to the lightheartedness ive read on here which made me stop reading replies

these audience members are on letterman theyre there for comedy theyre used to laughing at topics like this on television in that scenario its what we are conditioned to

honestly it wouldnt suprise me that maybe the "laugh" or "applause" light went on during the moments the audience chuckled as those things are commonly used on shows like this to manipulate the audience to make it look better on tv

it almost scares me how serious letterman acted with all of this

for letterman to attack cheney and bush the way he did really makes me wonder how much is truly going on in the upper edges of power

normally letterman makes all these guys out to be lunatics but even during the entire ufo convo he was in my opinion helping the guy look good

it really seems to me like maybe this is just another step towards disclosure OR possibly the false flag situation

either way i think these situations should be looked at and discussed in a more serious light

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by davidbiedny
If you're referring to the "yeah, call me" thing Letterman did, if you think that was an "invite", I have a bit of info for you: he was doing the Hollywood cliché "call me", which is shorthand for "yeah, I'll talk to you again as soon as I vomit up a jet plane from my stomach and smother it in cheese", as in, "blow off".

No I was referring to the part before he answered when Peckman invited Dave to be part of the Terrestrial delegation or whatever it was and the audience roared with support. I'm perfectly aware it was all tongue-in-cheek but the point was compare how much louder the audience's "laughter" was at that moment than when he was talking about 57 species. But thanks for explaining to me how obvious sarcasm works anyway.

Peckman is as much of a fraud as Romanek. Did you look at the link I provided for his "Metatron Harmonizer"? The guy is a joke, and the reason the audience didn't go overboard with laughter, is that they were sitting there wondering WHY THE HELL this guy was on the stage with Letterman to begin with.

I'm not defending the guy - I'm only concerned with how he represented the UFO community on a mainstream platform, and I disagree with you here. The audience may have very well been wondering what he was doing on stage - but that's exactly it - they looked to Dave for guidance (aka tear this guy to shreds) and he didn't do it!!

That was a big deal I thought because so many people look to the idiot box to tell them how to think. A lot of people DO believe in UFO's but never take the issue seriously enough simply because it stays out of the mainstream field of view so well (aka conveniently). So ANYTHING, even a nut or a fraud, can be a good thing as long as it gets people talking and THINKING about the subject overall.

Again, I'm not worried about the skeptics here but the people that casually "believe" this stuff but never do anything about it. It's a lot easier to round those people up first than it is to convert every skeptic. To do that you have to get the subject some momentum. With this guy on Letterman, other UFO-related news making headlines (MOD files, Vatican), major movies out (Indiana Jones, X-files), and celebrities like Robbie Williams coming out of the UFO closet - now has been a better time than ever.

And I don't want to be a downer, but after having attended two X-Conferences, and talking to many of the people involved with the disclosure movement, the odds of ANY type of government disclosure in the next 100 years is 0%, IMO.

dB

I don't recall saying anywhere that I believed Government disclosure was coming? Any disclosure is going to come from people figuring it out for themselves and that's why once again - I think sticking even a kook on the talk-show circuit is a positive...

The longer it takes for this video to be released, the better - because it probably will turn out to be a hoax. But in the meantime any hype it creates drives more people to places like ATS and motivates them to do their own research and thinking critically about the subject rather than just accept the status quo.

Question Everything.
Deny Ignorance.
Ultimate disclosure comes from within not from without.

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
Did they show 'the video'? Props to Letterman for not making fools of the critical hinkers who belive there may be intelligent life living on one of the million/billion planets in the/our known universe. Surely it makes more sense than someone in the sky with a long beard who opens the doors to pearly white gates, then again maybe I'm the kooky one.

I believe the video was shown on ABC NEWS at 6 in the evening and
don't think the announcers like Aliens in their news.

The white head with big eyes and no mouth that blinked a lot.

How many times has that shown up.
I know for a fact people think Aliens make UFOs.

But show them an alien ... it just never holds water.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by sc4venger

I agree with you.

Letterman appears to be 'helping' Peckman get his message out.

My favoriite part was when Peckman says that ETs are benevolent. The audience starts laughing, but then Letterman gives this look, and they turn from laughter to applause.

That would have never happened if Fox was in charge.

This was a very significant event.

This is the first time on national TV that I am aware of that the ET issue has been connected with benevolence and the reason for the secrecy related to energy concerns, and treated so seriously.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 03:12 AM
link   
I just wish the government would be out with it already.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 06:07 AM
link   
The clip is here folks...
uk.youtube.com...
A wee bit OT,but what I find really disturbing is the
way Letterman has the audience practically eating out
of his hands..he laughs they laugh,he jokes they laugh at his
jokes etc..that`s manipulation no?

I cannot trust a man who helped to censor Bill Hicks on live tv!
Oh and I don`t trust Peckman one little bit,he`s a con-man imo!

[edit on 17-6-2008 by Elmer_Dinkley]

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 04:56 AM
link   
the fact its on Letterman makes me think the video is BS.
if it is a fake - i think Romanek and Peckman we're honestly fooled by a PsyOp.
Either way, the topic hit main stream for a night so i look at it in a positive light.

For those who believe - why do you even care if others do not? i say let them sit in the dark .

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 08:19 AM
link   
I've just watched the clip on YouTube (thanks for that). The last time I watched Letterman, he tore Paris Hilton to shreds, I actually felt sorry for her. I was pleasantly shocked and surprised to see him treat Mr Peckman with dignity and respect at all times. His jokes were not directly aimed at Peckman personally or the UFO movement, they were intended purely for the sake of levity in general. He was strangely serious and attentive throughout.

To the person who said the whole thing is a Psyop, I wouldn't be so sure about that. Like c3hamby said, the message of the Disclosure Project was expressed eloquently, as great as Dr Steven Greer before his disappointing slide into 'kookdom'. This is historic to me - we have a guy on a top rating worldwide tv show saying aliens are benevolent, govt have been hiding it for years - Letterman said 'why?' and Peckman responded with 'well we've had energy alternatives taken from us for years' and he brought up the oil issue which is a very current pressing and relevant issue, which would indeed resonate with the public at large. He also mentioned Roswell and I like how he described his own personal background with energy technologies. He presented himself very well, and I don't think he came across as a nut and Letterman to his credit didn't allow him to look like a nut.

To bring up the Disclosure Project's assertion of the 57 different types of alien species, took a lot of guts on a show like Letterman and once again, it wasn't seen as something wild and crazy. To 'Mark Mortem' who posted on page 2 of this thread, take a look at the Disclosure Project and read Clifford Stone's testimony. He was deeply involved with the UFO crash retrieval operations. Mr Stone himself is a member on ATS.

I actually think this was a milestone of sorts for the mainstream media acceptance of UFOs. Coupled with the Vatican story a while back and the release of the UK UFO files, maybe there are changes / exciting times afoot? Are we due to see the false flag alien invasion forewarned by Wernher Von Braun?

[edit on 18-6-2008 by RiotComing]

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 06:53 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 12:54 AM
link   
I hate to burst anyone's bubble, but I watched the Letterman show tonight due to the Wimbledon pre-empting of the real talk show hosts' channel, and Letterman now has a miniskit of an "alien" peering through his window backdrop and then rebuking the Alien, wondering what his motives are.

In other words, the Peckman appearance that I saw was another example of his dry humor and he indeed did not take his claims seriously, which is the impression I immediately got from that interview when I first saw it. i used to be a fan of Dave when he had Conan's spot on the other network and therefore I knew he was mocking the guy from the start. Then again, who wouldn't? That footage looked ridiculous to anyone with half a brain.

posted on Feb, 6 2009 @ 12:58 PM
link   
I realise this is an old thread but im going to hand up my 2 cents on this subject. Jeff Peckman was made to look like an idiot on national television with that "alien" footage. It is sad to see the media are still brainwashing the public to believe that the ufo subject should be ridiculed using the exact sort of set up you see on the Letterman show with Jeff Peckman as guest. Psy-ops couldnt do a better job than the media does at debunking the ufo subject. Afterall these years they still use the exact same set up you can see in the clip of the show. Why? Because it still works, better than it ever has in fact.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join