It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jeff Peckman on David Letterman Tonight! Alien in window video

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 11:31 PM
link   
I just watched it. Peckman(regardless of his credibility) presented some great points. Letterman took him pretty seriously. The one part that disturbed me the most was the way the audience was laughing at every serious point, although I would suppose that could be attributed to the fact that they are at the Letterman show. Overall I would say Peckman came across as intelligent and poised.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Well, I missed it, but it just ended on the East coast- maybe someone will be posting about it soon.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Just watched it, unfortunately he went on a comedy program
He could have presented information better in my opinion. He made himself out to be a "nut"

-Kdial1

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Just watched in on the East Coast and i thought it was presented well, inspite of Lettermans little joke here and there, Peckman comes off as a very personable intelligent person and he had the audiences attention!

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 11:37 PM
link   
It went way better than I thought it would. I was thinking Dave would make him out to be a nutcase, but he didn't. Yeah, there were a couple jokes, but all in all, I think it went pretty well.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by kdial1

I beg to differ with you. He did not come off as a nut at all.
But we are bound to see things differently, just the way it is.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
Just watched in on the East Coast and i thought it was presented well, inspite of Lettermans little joke here and there, Peckman comes off as a very personable intelligent person and he had the audiences attention!

I agree, but can anyone confirm any of the information Jeff provided?

Such as, does the US government really have over 57 different species of ET on record?

I'd be very interested in reading if someone can provide the facts!

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 11:41 PM
link   
I don't think he made himself out to be a nut. Didn't you hear the audience clapping? It sure sounded to be like the audience supported what he was saying.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 11:45 PM
link   
I was really really impressed. Dave took it way more seriously than I would've ever expected and Peckman represented himself as quite genuine.

I'm still in the skeptic pile about Stan Romanek but this was pretty cool nonetheless. The audience ofcourse laughed at certain claims (including that ridiculous still frame) but it seemed like even their laughter was very awkward and nervous at times - like it was just for the fact they didn't know how else to react.

You could sense a stunned hush too when he spoke so matter-of-factly about the Government "whistleblowers" and the disclosure project. Ofcourse lots of people are going to laugh this off - but if even a tiny percentage go "really? there's a disclosure project?" and look further into it then that's good news.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 11:48 PM
link   
I beg to differ with you. He did not come off as a nut at all.

Letterman was faking seriousness in his interview.........lots of acting there.

Then, the audience's nervous laughter and unsure silence as he spoke about all the aliens and the government knowing about it, etc. Uh, not so good, buddy.

Just a couple of cruddy Canon-copier stills presented and even Peckman admitted they weren't very convincing unless "you understood the entirety of Romanek's experiences." Puuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuulease.

BS job here. When the actual "video" ever surfaces it is going to be very disappointing, very hard to decipher, and very inconclusive.

Might as well forget about this whole episode apart from learning how the confidence artists can sometimes work themselves into the mainstream.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by JoeinTX

Joe, you obviously havent watched the Larry King spectacles when he presents this or any other ET story, have you? Now, that's mockery and shameful...

This...on the other hand was quite a serious talk for this type of show.
Dave had a smirk? He always does, but all in all, he took it quite seriously, imo.
And so did the audience. I did not hear any laughter AT ALL.

[edit on 10-6-2008 by dgtempe]

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 12:19 AM
link   

LOL...I'm sorry, I couldn't resist.

[edit on 6/11/2008 by Mad_Hatter]

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Come on... the audience laughed many times. But, as another poster stated, it was a very nervous laughter. It's as if they were ready for David Letterman to do the joke punchline....... but the joke never came. I too was impressed at how David handled the interview... and I believe his seriousness was sincere.

As far as Peckman....... you could tell he was very nervous. I certainly cannot blame him for that. He is carrying around alot of pressure. Can you imagine being in his shoes?..... trying to open the eyes of the world to aliens?

That is why I believe many alien abductee stories. You get ridiculed so badly and branded a nut case.... no one would go around telling these stories unless it were true.

However..... There are too many different versions of stories relating to the alien video....... and the fact that he won't release it.... I'm really starting to doubt that man.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 12:33 AM
link   
YAAAAHHHHHHH!!!

Sorry, but that was a pretty funny picture...

Anyway I watched it too with my two skeptic roomates, one of them a devout christian, and they were both glued to it. I'd say the whole thing came off somewhat serious.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 01:03 AM
link   
I watched it tonight and although disappointed that only video captures (stills) were shown instead of a video, Peckman presented himself well. He was very eloquent, knowledgable and composed throughout the whole interview. Letterman wasn't as silly as I thought he'd be...maybe his interest is sincere.

What if the still video captures shown on Letterman were the real thing? That's mind blowing if it's real...maybe America/the world got to see proof of a real alien and don't know it...yet...meted out Disclosure?

I wonder when and if the real video will be shown?

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by EclipseReloaded

I know, I can't wait to watch it online the day the DVD gets released and pirated instantly.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticPerhaps
reply to post by EclipseReloaded

I know, I can't wait to watch it online the day the DVD gets released and pirated instantly.

I agree. I know I'm not paying a damn dime for it. Out of principle.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 02:04 AM
link   
Well I just got a chance to watch it on the West Coast and I think it was handled with more seriousness than the way Dave usually would handle someone that came forward with a alternative subject matter. And at one point when the crowd was snickering Dave was motioning for them not to.

Overall I thought it was a great way to bring attention to the UFO Community.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 02:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mad_Hatter

LOL...I'm sorry, I couldn't resist.

[edit on 6/11/2008 by Mad_Hatter]

LOL, how many of these do you have made?

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 02:38 AM
link   
Just saw it on the west coast. I also thought it wasn't half bad. Peckman came across as sincere and intelligent. A couple of points...

1) Seems he was taken more seriously by admitting he hasn't personally seen a UFO or alien.

2) Declaring the "aliens" to be benevolent was a good thing. People naturally respond well to good things.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join