It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Veterans For Peace to Conduct 'Sit-In' in Conyers Office For Impeachment!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Veterans For Peace to Conduct 'Sit-In' in Conyers Office For Impeachment!

www.opednews.com

Veterans For Peace will deliver a petition supporting the impeachment of President Bush to Rep. John Conyers on Wed., June 11, and intends to conduct a sit-in in his office until he agrees to meet with them.

"By invading and occupying Iraq, the Bush administration every day violates legally binding international treaties and domestic laws," VFP Executive Director Michael McPhearson said in a written statement. "Congressman Conyers and his colleagues must hold them accountable and our Constitution prescribes how: impeachment. It's not enough to simply watch the Bush administration retire. Unless we hold them accountable we and Congress are complicit in their war crimes and put U.S. soldiers at risk of retaliation."

VFP collected 22,000 names on a petition supporting the impeachment of Bush. Members said they tried for two months to get a 10-minute meeting with Conyers, who chairs the House Judiciary Committee.

(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 10-6-2008 by DimensionalDetective]

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 06:31 PM
link   
I wonder if this is what it's going to take--For folks to just become so pro-active with congress that they will no longer be able to ignore the "little people" and pretend we all don't exist...Hopefully these guys don't get roughed up and arrested for not being in their "free speech zones"...lol

Adams reminded Conyers of his own oath to uphold the Constitution. "You have taken the same oath, Congressman Conyers, and we expect you will hold it just as sacred as we do and begin impeachment hearings at the soonest possible moment. To do any less is to disgrace the memory of the thousands of U.S. troops killed and wounded in this illegal war, and mocks the millions of Iraqis who have died and suffered in George Bush's war of aggression."

Veterans For Peace is a national organization including as members men and women who served in the Spanish Civil War (1936-39), World War II, the Korean, Vietnam, Gulf and current Iraq wars as well as other conflicts "cold or hot." Veterans For Peace is an officially recognized Non- Governmental Organization (NGO) represented at the U.N.

www.opednews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 06:47 PM
link   
I think this could be a dangerous move, especially with all the notice in advance. You know that Bush doesn't want to leave, even when the elections come.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Congress has spent so much time dodging the people I love to hear stories like this. I wrote my both my local representative and senator and both would not respond to me even though I wrote them 3x. I started a thread How To Run For Congress because I am seriously thinking about running in 2010 but no one will respond to my thread.

www.abovetopsecret.com...'

I hope this sit it does something.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Wow. How many years into Vietnam untill the protest in the States begin to really pick up? It was not until the 8th or 9th year, right?

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 10:06 PM
link   
To prevent any uproar, please note that the date in the OP's quoted text is mistaken, this is the original text from the link :

"" Veterans For Peace will deliver a petition supporting the impeachment of President Bush to Rep. John Conyers on Wed., June 11, and intends to conduct a sit-in in his office until he agrees to meet with them. ""

It's not Wed., Jan. 11 as stated in his first post. That date was a Friday.

[edit on 10/6/08 by LaBTop]

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by LaBTop

Good catch! I even edited that in the OP now, as that is obviously a typo.

It will be interesting to see what happens with this, one way or the other!

new topics

top topics

join