It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why teaching creationism is a horrible idea.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by miriam0566

And there you go again. Conflating one exhibit in the Natural History Museum with all of evolution. That is about as illogical as you can get.

There is a metric assload of evidence for evolution, from DNA to the entire fossil record, from laboratory experiments to observed speciation in nature, and absolutely none of it points to the theory being inherently wrong. None of it. So far every single shred of information we, as a species, have gleaned from our world supports our theory of evolution. There is not one single nagging question, no sword of damocles threatening to decapitate the entire theory. Nothing.

Except in your mind, where rational thought is clubbed to death by Zombie Jesus for no apparent reason. In your mind no amount of actual evidence will overturn your arrogant position that what you think you know is actually what everyone else should. Good work, and nice double-standard.

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 10:42 AM
link   
" Why teaching creationism is a horrible idea. "

I thought evolutionists were rugged can do people who were not afraid of anything!

What happened?

What are you afraid of?

Are you afraid of the ridiculous creationists winning over your child?

You're afraid of an even playing field where both sides are taught?

You're not very confident in your beliefs then.

You act more like a Communist, who only wants certain indoctrination and politically correct thought allowed.

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by toasted

Teaching creationism is a bad idea because it is not science, plain and simple.

If it's to be taught then it needs to be taught as religious studies.

The reason it can't be construed as science is because there is no evidence, firstly (holes in evolution theory are not evidence, especially as there are no holes), and secondly because it relies on the supernatural as an explanation.

Science doesn't permit such things as supernatural explanations and faith because they cannot be demonstrably proven and, hence, are unscientific.

Do yourself a favour and do some study.

[edit on 9/16/2008 by Good Wolf]

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Good Wolf

" Teaching creationism is a bad idea because it is not science, plain and simple. "

There is nothing plain or simple about the Creation.

And if Creation is NOT science, then nothing is!

Math is Science is it not?

The prime numbers 373

reveal a lot to those who seek it out.

Scroll down 3 pages and clik on the DVD

biblemaths.com...

Browse the site, there is a lot to read and download.

[edit on 16-9-2008 by toasted]

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by toasted

Oh for goodness sake. Don't kid yourself. Go hunt down a definition of science and try and apply it to creationism. Not a single part of creationism is scientific, this is incredibly black and white when you think about how creationism isn't supported by any evidence.

If it were scientific then it would be a theory supposed by scientists at some time. It's not. Evolution is.

Creationism is religious because it is the "God did it" explanation, which is not scientific because science doesn't permit supernatural explanations.

Creationism isn't scientific period!

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 05:11 PM
link   

WOW!!!!...

You read ALL of this;

biblemaths.com...

in only 8 minutes!

I'm impressed.

But you do need to brush up on your comprehension.

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by toasted

I read through this. One thing you have to be aware is that the ancients were very much into numerology. This could play a huge part in this.
The author made an assumption that the ancients didn't know about pi and e. The egyptians were very well versed in mathematics. If I remember correctly, some authors did analysis of the pyramids of Giza and found some mathematical constants.
I will look into this more as I am fascinated with numbers.

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Deaf Alien

Deaf,

thanks for listening!

there were several downloads, if you bother to check them out, I'd love to hear about it either good or bad, but I'd like to know why.

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 11:55 PM
link   
I'm not sure what bible maths has to do with the price of milk and how it somehow overshadows the hundreds of techniques used by thousands of scientists to observe millions of verifiable facts.

You somehow think that maths in the bible somehow disproves evolution.

This is like trying to disprove gravity by saying the ancients had a grasp on agriculture.

Open your eyes man.

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 03:36 PM
link   

" I'm not sure what bible maths has to do with the price of milk and how it somehow overshadows the hundreds of techniques used by thousands of scientists to observe millions of verifiable facts. "

And you probably never will either, at least not in this earth age.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 01:13 AM
link   
reply to post by toasted

Fine. Just dodge the question then.

But at any rate, to get back on topic, creationism should not be taught in school because it is not science.

To believe in creationism, you don't need to believe in anything. You just need to read the bible, so there is not point bringing it to school.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Religious cultists indoctrinating impressionable young children at a museum

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join