It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

shoot em ups

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 06:14 AM
link   
i only have time crisis 1 on ps1 is it worth getting time crisis 3 on ps2? and is it worth buying a dreamcast so i can get house of dead 2? or is it worth buying a xbox so i can play house of dead 3? ive found a love for shoot em up games please help i need some advice.

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 06:44 AM
link   
I am guessing you mean shoot em ups that include pysical guns?
Hmmm... I think the XBox has a lot of good games like that... But saying that The PS2 has a few I think, including a couple Resident Evil games where you can use guns.

I couldn't say which is the best though, sorry... The dreamcast has several good games, and you can pick up a dreamcast now for about �25 (maybe less if your lucky), so that may be worth it.

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 09:22 AM
link   
House of the dead 3 actually has house of the dead 2 on the same disk. Just check out any web review of it and it will tell you the same. It is secret option or something.

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 09:23 AM
link   
ahh cool but a dreamcast would be a lot less cheaper than an x box?

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by kurtcobainuk
ahh cool but a dreamcast would be a lot less cheaper than an x box?

If I could give some advice....

I bought a dreamcast for about $30 off of ebay a few years ago because I loved HOTD2. I also picked up about 30 games for something like $5 a piece and only about 5 of them were worth playing. Not a good ratio if you ask me. The major problem with the system is the controler ports. They short out semi-frequently and cost too much to replace. I can't play 2 player games anymore.

If you just have to get the HOTD series, I would advise xbox. It has been out for a while and should have gone drasticly down in price.

I am actualy considering it lately because of HOTD and the exclusive Final Fantasy game, but my favorite is still PS2.

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Also.......

As far as shooters go I have Vampire Night and Ninja Assault for PS2 and they are pretty replayable, but nothing adds up to the HOTD series.

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 10:37 AM
link   
You can buy an XBox in the UK now for about �150 brand new, I have also seen some places like Dixons selling them for �130. In the US - I don't know, but I expect the same amount, but in dollars ($100-$150 max).

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 05:00 PM
link   
im think about both then. although i havent got that much money to spend. thanks for your help. lol for now ill have to stick with time crisis 1

posted on Mar, 7 2004 @ 06:00 AM
link   
X Box Counter Strike is the best I am on it all the timeI cant stop playing it on line

posted on Mar, 30 2004 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Get or upgrade a computer, nothing can beat the advantages of the mouse in online play vs the nipple. Plus there are far more and better games.

Also, you can mod and download patches. My friend plays with a character with hundreds of polygons, it looks GREAT in comparison to the stock junk in the game. The Xboxers he's played get online get so pissed when they see his perfectly rendered M16 in morrowind lol

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 08:42 PM
link   
I like mafia for PC
I was hooked on this game for a while,I cant wait for mafia 2 to come out

top topics

join