It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama's Birth Certificate

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Now here's a sly thought. Obama and Hillary had a very private meeting after his delegate count went over the required number while she was (or wasn't) showing interest in being the Vice President. Suppose the agreement is that he really is working to get her into office. Here's the plan. He wins the presidency with her as his VP. Then, it is discovered that he really isn't a natural born citizen of the US, is removed from office and guess who prances right into his spot in the oval office. Hmmm? Nah....too far fetched. Of course, voting McCain into office would eliminate even the thought of that happening!

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by SaviorComplex
Why are you assuming that it is fake? Why must it be proven real? Why don't you prove that it is not genuine?
Mr. Obama is running for the Presidency of the United States of America, and being a natural born citizens is a prerequisite. What logical reason could he have to not provide the required documentation?

The average American citizen nowadays has to provide similar documentation just to get a non-security clearance fast food job, so why should the bar be lowered for a man who wants to run the country?

I thought "Deny Ignorance" was the motto here?

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by LLoyd45
Mr. Obama is running for the Presidency of the United States of America, and being a natural born citizens is a prerequisite. What logical reason could he have to not provide the required documentation?

What makes you think he hasn't provided it to the proper authorities? EVEN IF what we see here is a fake, what makes you think the State Department (or whoever's job it is in the government to check such things) hasn't seen it? They've been doing this for many years. Every president has to prove his age and place of birth. Do you think that they forgot this time? Jesus! Who do people think they are demanding to see the man's personal property when we have NO RIGHT to such?

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
My understanding of the law is that the President must be a natural born citizen of the U.S.
I found this on www.worldnetdaily.com, a free press website:

)Link- www.worldnetdaily.com... )

'According to FindLaw.com, which is cited by Geraghty, the requirements that were in force from Dec. 24, 1952 to Nov. 13, 1986, encompassing the time of Obama's birth, state, "If only one parent was a U.S. citizen at the time of your birth, that parent must have resided in the United States for at least 10 years, at least five of which had to be after the age of 16." '

This would mean that he would not be eligible to be a candidate for President. After expending all that money to be president, it looks like he's scrambling to make sure no one knows that he's not eligible, since his mother was 18 when he was born.

I read a couple pages past this and no one has responded to it yet. If this is true, the even his birth certificate wont help. His mother would have been 3 years shy of making him eligible.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
What makes you think he hasn't provided it to the proper authorities? EVEN IF what we see here is a fake, what makes you think the State Department (or whoever's job it is in the government to check such things) hasn't seen it? They've been doing this for many years. Every president has to prove his age and place of birth. Do you think that they forgot this time? Jesus! Who do people think they are demanding to see the man's personal property when we have NO RIGHT to such?

I think Mr. Obama has been given a lot of "Free Passes" during his campaign, and intentional oversight is a very real possibility in my mind.

I'm glad you acknowledge the possibility that this document could be a fake. The source for it is questionable to say the least, as are the conditions under which it was procured.

If Barack really did release it, why would he do so to a blog rather than the media who had previously requested it? Sounds a little fishy to me, how about you?

As American citizens, tax payers, and voters, I believe we have a right to see all information regarding the man who will be determining the course our country will take over the next four years. Don't you?

I don't like buying my pigs in a poke..

[edit on 6/13/08 by LLoyd45]

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 10:21 AM
link   

If Barack really did release it, why would he do so to a blog rather than the media who had previously requested it? Sounds a little fishy to me, how about you?

It's on his website.
Fight the Smears

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Funny how quite this thread got? His birth certificate has been posted on his campaigns "fight the smears" website. On to another steamming pile of crap Obama lie thread with colored tones of racism, religious intolerance, pure ignorance and fear mongering.

Let me give anyone that sees one of these rumor/stories a bit of advice....consider the source. I have traced back some of this crap to the extreme right wing....by "extreme" I mean David Duke and crew. Rolling these stories out either as "legitimate looking" articles or email campaigns via followers.

Barak Obama shouldn't be immune to criticism, but let's keep it real.

[edit on 13-6-2008 by maybereal11]

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by coop039

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
My understanding of the law is that the President must be a natural born citizen of the U.S.
I found this on www.worldnetdaily.com, a free press website:

'According to FindLaw.com, which is cited by Geraghty, the requirements that were in force from Dec. 24, 1952 to Nov. 13, 1986, encompassing the time of Obama's birth, state, "If only one parent was a U.S. citizen at the time of your birth, that parent must have resided in the United States for at least 10 years, at least five of which had to be after the age of 16." '

This would mean that he would not be eligible to be a candidate for President. After expending all that money to be president, it looks like he's scrambling to make sure no one knows that he's not eligible, since his mother was 18 when he was born.

I read a couple pages past this and no one has responded to it yet. If this is true, the even his birth certificate wont help. His mother would have been 3 years shy of making him eligible.

Anyone? Is true? If so, its way more relevant then his birht certificate. Anyone?

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 10:46 AM
link   

It's on his website.
Fight the Smears

For clarification, Does Barack Obama actually endorse this site and accept responsibility for the contents which are posted on it? I can find no reference to it if he does.

The site also doesn't address why the document was turned over to KOS instead of the media? The only reason I can think of is "Plausible Deniability".

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by coop039

No, it's not true. Yes, the law is true, but who ever wrote that piece at World Net Daily is either an idiot or is a liar.

Re-read the law carefully: "If only one parent was a U.S. citizen at the time of your birth, that parent must have resided in the United States for at least 10 years, at least five of which had to be after the age of 16."

Barack Obama was born in 1961 when his mother was eighteen. She didn't move to Indonesia with her second husband until 1967, when she was 24. That is three more years than the "5 year clause" requires.

[edit on 13-6-2008 by SaviorComplex]

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 10:54 AM
link   
I read it that she would have had to been here 5 years after she was 16. Meaning if she was 21 when he was born he would be considered natural born.

Anyone one else have a different interpretation?

edit: At the time of his birth it had not been 5 years after the age of 16. He was not born in 1967.

[edit on 13-6-2008 by coop039]

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by maybereal11
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Funny how quite this thread got? His birth certificate has been posted on his campaigns "fight the smears" website. On to another steamming pile of crap Obama lie thread with colored tones of racism, religious intolerance, pure ignorance and fear mongering.
Why does everything have to be about race or religion? Can it not be simply about finding out the truth? Would you really want to put a man in the White House to run your country that wasn't qualified for the job? If you would, that's the true definition of ignorance.

Does Obama even accept responsibilty for the contents posted on this site?

Let me give anyone that sees one of these rumor/stories a bit of advice....consider the source. I have traced back some of this crap to the extreme right wing....by "extreme" I mean David Duke and crew. Rolling these stories out either as "legitimate looking" articles or email campaigns via followers.
Do you have proof of these allegations or a few sources we could review on our own? It's not that I distrust you, but the goal is to "Deny Ignorance" here, and accept nothing as true unless it is verifiable.

Barak Obama shouldn't be immune to criticism, but let's keep it real.
Keeping it real means to explore all possibilities without prejudice. Prejudicism can cut both ways, either for or against..

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by SaviorComplex

I suppose passport records could easily verify that, but I doubt they'll be forthcoming either.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 11:12 AM
link   

That's June 6, 2007. Probably the day it was issued. It's likely printed on the other side and showed through when it was scanned. The person below says it's part of the "official stamp"

Is there a reasonable explanation for why the black on green letters have a white halo around them that bleeds over the green background pattern?

Look at the "O" in the name Obama:

Also, why does the seal not have this pixelation and white "halo" effect?

This type of pixelation and haloing effect is seen when an image contains two different sources that were digitized or created at different resolutions. I.e., the black on green text lettering does not appear to be part of the original scan of the blank certificate.

This may be the EXACT reason that the certificate number was blanked out. If the certificate number was included it may have made it easy to trace back to the actual database that contained the record. If the certificate was blank, a forger could not hazard to fake a certificate number because a phony number could be traced to a different person, or be proven to not exist at all.

Why else would the certificate number be blacked out?

[edit on 13-6-2008 by jamie83]

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 11:22 AM
link   

How did he get to be a Senator without someone noticing he's not even a US citizen? How did he get a US passport?

It's just silly.

I'm waiting for links to McCain's and Hillary's Birth Certificates! What have they got to hide??? Sorry. This is just so "out there"... I shake my head and wonder about the members here. Isn't there a vetting process for ATS members?? LOL

This is a typical response from a liberal and I for one, am really tired of it.
The issue wasn't about being a US citizen, it is about being BORN IN THE US.

If you are going to whine about it, at least whine about the right thing.

I am willing to bet you knew this and purposely misled in your comments to tow the line of racism and bigotry against Obama. There are plenty of context and meaning challenged individuals here on ATS that will form a line behind you.

Sort of like "McCain wants to be in Iraq for 100 years" mantra... you all bitvch about context but only when it comes to your candidate, you bitch about half truths and distortions only where it comes to your candidate.

So no legitimate questions will ever be asked about Obama, only racist tirades, right?

Ugg, if I had a dollar for every misleading comment in response to a question about Obama, Warren Buffet would be giving me backrubs on Sundays. I am not saying conservatives are any better but at least they are honest about it, they don't go around hrumpphing and sighing all day and pretending to be mad and then distorting the question is to a cryfest

"should we really ask these questions, what has humanity become?.."
sob sob whine whine...

So regardless of how you feel about the question or the questioners intent, answer the CORRECT question and don't make one up.

I agree with you on one thing...
I also shake my head and wonder about the members here.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Maybe the campaign and the blog were given the jpg file of the certificate of birth from the same source. I wonder who runs the campaign's website? Wouldn't it be funny if the campaign got the jpg from Kos.

Also, there's the issue as to why the jpg doesn't show any stamp of certification from the State of Hawaii.

(b) Copies of the contents of any certificate on file in the department, certified by the department shall be considered for all purposes the same as the original, subject to the requirements of sections 338-16, 338-17, and 338-18.

Source

I.e., there's nothing on the image to authenticate that it came from the State of Hawaii, or wasn't just printed out on a home computer.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Why are you so obsessed with what religion is checked off on their birth certificate?

I'm not. But people have been wanting to see that. So it was listed among the reasons why people wanted the BC released...I already said people don't get to pick their names or their religions at birth.

You're right. You did say that, once. However, you make what religion might be on his birth-certificate an issue over and over. You use "people want to see it," the same way reporters use "some people say..." when they are trying to disguise their own bias and views. You even make a big deal that his grandmother on his father's side was Muslim.

And accuse him, inexplicably, of lying when he says he was talking about his maternal grandmother. That logic is moronic. Please tell us how that is a lie. Let's apply the logic you've employed to you and the posts you've made in here:

Your very first post on this thread, you do not say some people are concerned about his religion at birth, making the implication that it's Islam.

Some states had places on the certificate to list the religion of the child.
hmmmmmm ..... Wonder what it could be?

Only later do you clarify that it's "some people" who are concerned about it and you don't care. Applying the very same logic that you applied to Obama's clarification he was talking about his maternal-grandmother, we can only conclude that you are a liar.

one should not be allowed to use that hysteria as a shield to hide their own racism and bigotry.

You best not be talking about me. If you are ... you are seriously off course.

Age quod agis.

You are obsessed with his race, religion, and heritage, and your posts in this thread demonstrate this.

Obama has Arab slave traders as his ancestors.

You bring that up twice. Once in all caps. If you do not care about such things, why do you think it is so important to know he's descended from Arabs or slave traders? Why even mention slave-traders? What does that have to do with anything, unless you are trying to pass the sins of the father onto the son?

[edit on 13-6-2008 by SaviorComplex]

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 12:12 PM
link   

For clarification, Does Barack Obama actually endorse this site and accept responsibility for the contents which are posted on it? I can find no reference to it if he does.

If you can use Google, you can find that information.

Obama Launches Anti-Smear Site

Sen. Barack Obama's campaign has taken the unprecedented step of launching its own Website to knock down false rumors about the candidate and his wife.

The site, Fight the Smears, lists every one of the Internet-driven whoppers that have surfaced during Obama's campaign, including the supposedly sensational secret videotape -- likely to surface at any moment! -- that has been alleged to show Michelle Obama using the term "whitey" from the pulpit of Trinity United Church of Christ.

The site also doesn't address why the document was turned over to KOS instead of the media? The only reason I can think of is "Plausible Deniability".

Yeah, that must be it.

If you read through this thread, you'd see that KOS said they asked the campaign for a copy for journalistic purposes and the campaign provided it. Only later did the "Smears" website show up.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by jamie83
Is there a reasonable explanation for why the black on green letters have a white halo around them that bleeds over the green background pattern?

Do a google image search on "Birth Certificate". Find a similar one and see if it's any different. I can zoom in on it, but I can't save it like that. It looks just the same. It's something about graphics on the computer, I'm sure.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by gormly
This is a typical response from a liberal and I for one, am really tired of it.

Boo-hoo. I'm not a "liberal".

The issue wasn't about being a US citizen, it is about being BORN IN THE US.

He was born in the US. There's nothing to indicate otherwise. And I'll whine about whatever I want, thanks.

So regardless of how you feel about the question or the questioners intent, answer the CORRECT question and don't make one up.

Who are you? My dad?

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join