It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seriously, Zombies?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anti-Tyrant

Originally posted by schrodingers dog

Let me also say that I meant "poor" with compassion. As in, I thought you were trying to do the right thing and it backfired. I even called you sweet!

And i thought you were cute for doing so.

But seriously, you did more or less draw this impression up of me as this little puppy just begging to be kicked.

Which, i suppose, is what happened.

Alright then, now you got me all verclimped!

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

Virclimped huh?

I that some sort of wacky new catch-phrase from the world of the Chan or something?

Come on man i'm dying to know!

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anti-Tyrant
reply to post by Blitzkreigen

Oh man, not rad-zombies, please anything but those!

You forgot 'Glowing'... Adds to the effect...

If your hungry what do you do?

LOOK for something.....walk, prowl, hunt, steal, attack while your hemmoraging inside.

Walking Dead If I ever Heard it.

Blitzkreigen

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Anti-Tyrant

Hey now back on subject please!!

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 07:30 PM
link   

uuuhhh.....

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by tpeele
Ok, I am sure you have all heard about the FDA approving CLONED cow meat to be eaten by the pubilc and I just wanted to know if it was just me or does anyone else feel a zombie invasion?

Think real hard on this one now. There's been no shortage of bovines due to bulls and cows not wanting to mate. Why are they pushing so hard for cloning in this species? It's certainly not for a lack of cows.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by sir_chancealot

It is for MASS production. To make more meat for less money ( though cloning is WAY more expensive than mating ) and is just a way of getting the public to except cloning so we can do more research on people and certain endangered species of animals.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 05:20 AM
link   

Well that is not really the point. All I am saying is that by doing this we are f******g with nature and last time we did that we blew up Hiroshima and Nagasaki. It is not natural and it seems like this could be a big mistake.

But if all prevails then we could end world hunger. Other countries could stop starving there children. It could be good for the world, all we can do is wait and see.

I just think it's hilarious that of all things, you'd think it's cloned beef that would cause a zombie apocalypse. It simply doesn't follow logically. Mabye if there was a history of odd foods turning people into the hungry living dead, then we'd have something, but really, zombies are the stuff of fiction and voodo cults. And cloned meat is just meat, pretty much. Clones tend to differ a bit from the original, because they've got a lifetime's worth of telomere damage, so they usually die young, but that's not any concern to us who eat 'em. We don't die from eating old cows, after all. Clones also suffer from abnormal gene expression sometimes, so their organs might be too large, or they'll be born heavier than usual. Doesn't matter to us, though, they're still meat through and through.

Immortality-granting nanobots gone horribly wrong, Some kind of 28 days later style disease, some kind of paranormal activity; all these things would lead more logically to zombies. But meat?

Anyway, here's an important difference: We were TRYING to blow up Hiroshima and Nagasaki. It wasn't messing with nature, it was a deliberate act of war, with the intention of ending WW2. Scientists were employed, theoretical physics was made into physical practice, and two cities were blown up to make a point. I don't see how it was messing with nature any more than bombing and burning dozens of other cities to rubble the hard way was. Nuclear physics isn't anything special. It's part of how the universe works.

Originally posted by sir_chancealot

Ok, I am sure you have all heard about the FDA approving CLONED cow meat to be eaten by the pubilc and I just wanted to know if it was just me or does anyone else feel a zombie invasion?

Think real hard on this one now. There's been no shortage of bovines due to bulls and cows not wanting to mate. Why are they pushing so hard for cloning in this species? It's certainly not for a lack of cows.

They want to clone only the very best cows, so they can breed for desirable traits faster. Think about it. If you have a good bull, you can mate it with many cows to get large numbers of offspring with it's genes. But if you have a great cow, it can only give birth to one offspring at a time, and not very quickly. With cloning, they can quickly breed for the most profitable cows. Cloning doesn't help mass production- clones aren't grown in tanks or anything; they have to be carried to term and born like anything else.

I'd object, but as a species, cows are pretty messed up already. Ain't nothing in our arsenal of tools for genetic modification that can compete with centuries or millenia of selective breeding.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Umm.....I was being serious though... I am only 15 and i do believe that this will result in people becoming zombies! Seriously.

Well then you may be interested in this thread on how to survive a zombie outbreak.

I never dismiss a Situation-X as being out of the realm of possibility, but there's so many types of crises that can arise, it's usually best to be most worried about the most likely scenarios first, and then worry about the "Wargames/Theoreticals" such as Zombies, Aliens, Robots, etc, later on.

However, that's not to say I haven't put some serious thought into the prospect of having to survive in a zombie-infested world, but rather my resources to help cope with that are largely the effect of basic preparations against other, far more likely types of Situation X.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 09:27 AM
link   

uuuhhh.....

Makes you THINK does it not?

Like I said Its the ONLY real possibility that I see.

Granted they are still human, but cant you imagine?

Blitzkreigen

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 03:14 PM
link   

yeah i guess so

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by thelibra

Although of course, it will be modified quite extensively due to the ever present danger of homicidal, flesh eating ghouls.

It's certainly out there.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Well that isnt the same thing as zombies

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Dude, organic is the way to go. I'm not sure about the connection between cloned meat and zombies but I know all the junk we're putting into our bodies has a lot of negative effects and people becoming zombies doesn't seem like such a crazy idea any more...it probably will happen eventually. And that's gonna be pretty bad.

On the other hand, zombie cows would be kind of cool..

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 04:15 AM
link   

yeah i guess so

Here is the DATA: www.fas.org...

613. Clinical Course of Radiation Sickness.
The three syndromes described follow a similar clinical pattern that can be divided into three phases: an initial or prodromal phase occurring during the first few hours after exposure; a latent phase, which becomes shorter with increasing dose; and the manifest phase of clinical illness. The time of onset and degree of the transient incapacitation of the initial phase, the duration of the latent period, as well as the time of onset and severity of the clinical phase and ultimate outcome are all to a variable extent, dose dependent.

a. Prodromal Phase. The initial phase of prodromal symptoms is characterized by the relatively rapid onset of nausea, vomiting, and malaise. This is a nonspecific clinical response to acute radiation exposure. It is not diagnostic of the degree of radiation injury; however, in the absence of associated trauma and an early onset, it does suggest a large radiation exposure. This radiogenic vomiting should not be confused with psychogenic vomiting which results from stimulation of the central nervous system by the sight/odor of blood, mutilation, vomitus, or excrement. The duration of this prodromal phase is short, generally a few hours, and the incapacitation should not be severe enough to warrant evacuation of military personnel away from their units.

b. Latent Phase. Following recovery from the prodromal phase, there will be a latent phase during which the exposed individual will be relatively symptom-free. The length of this phase varies with the dose and the nature of the later clinical phase. The latent phase is longest preceding the bone-marrow depression of the hematopoietic syndrome and may vary between 2 and 6 weeks. It is somewhat shorter prior to the gastrointestinal syndrome, lasting from a few days to a week. It is shortest of all preceding the neurovascular syndrome, lasting only a matter of hours. These times are exceedingly variable and may be modified by the presence of other disease or injury. Because of the extreme variability, it is not practical to hospitalize all personnel suspected of having radiation injury early in the latent phase unless radiation injury has reliably been diagnosed. Instead, it is much more reasonable to wait until the onset of the phase of clinical illness or the development of significant hematopoietic suppression as indicated by the individual's peripheral blood profile.

c. Manifest Phase. This phase presents with the clinical symptoms associated with the major organ system injured (marrow, intestine, neurovascular system). A summary of essential features of each syndrome and the doses at which they would be seen in young healthy adults exposed to short, high dose single exposures is shown in Figure 6-I. The details of the clinical courses of each of the three syndromes are subsequently described.

a. Patients who have received doses of radiation in the low to midlethal range will have depression of bone-marrow function with cessation of blood-cell production leading to pancytopenia. Changes within the peripheral blood profile will occur as early as 24 hours post irradiation. The exact time sequence of the depression of various circulating cell lines will vary. Lymphocytes will be depressed most rapidly and erythrocytes least rapidly. Other leukocytes and thrombocytes will be depressed somewhat less rapidly than lymphocytes. The time of onset of the depression of cellular production in the marrow will vary considerably, and the concomitant clinical problems of a tendency toward uncontrolled hemorrhage, decreased resistance to infection, and anemia will likewise vary considerably from as early as 10 days to as much as 6 to 8 weeks after exposure.

b. A reasonable average time of onset of clinical problems of bleeding and anemia and decreased resistance to infection is 2 to 3 weeks. In general, the severity of the hematological depression will be dose dependent, and the more severe phases of bone-marrow depression will occur earlier. However, even lethal cases of bone-marrow depression may not occur until 6 weeks after exposure. The presence of other injuries will increase the severity and accelerate the time of maximum bone-marrow depression

Long Story Short.... you get sick, then you get symptom free for a while, excluding injuries and internal bleeding, then you relapse and die up to 2 to 6 weeks later.

What do you think people are going to do when they feel "symptom free" and obviously there was a Nuke? They can walk around for quite a while.

ZOMBIES MAN, ZOMBIES...... Literally walking dead.

Go ahead... laugh it up. www.laugh-of-the-day.com...

Blitzkreigen

[edit on 14-6-2008 by Blitzkreigen]

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Ok, radiation is a bad thing to get but I don't think that it will turn them into "ZOMBIES" ( though they pretty much should be dead and are the walking dead ) because they still have rational thought and reasoning skills, zombies don't have that! But the scenario is still the same, something trying to help us ends up turning everyone to ZOMBIES!! I will personally be ready for it!

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by tpeele

Ok, Point taken.

Quote: "they still have rational thought and reasoning skills, zombies don't have that!"

I'll give you "Reasoning Skills".
I cant Promise rational.

I'm Done, I dont want to get too far off of Modulated Cows.

If there was any side effects from Cloned Beef or Corn, I'm pretty sure it would show up later in out kids and grandkids.

I personally WILL NOT EAT IT, and I'll Buy a Freezer and half a side of beef from a Local Farmer. Heck, I can get eggs too.

I heard one time that Taco Bell used Genetically Modified Corn in its Taco Shells. Thats when I quit eating at Taco Bell.

I Know for a fact that Genetically altered SEEDS will NOT make new seeds.

I tried that already, and the only thing that grew was ONE Watermellon, and One Lettuce. Out of Corn, Squash, Cucumbers, Okra, Bananna peppers, Tomatoes, Honey Dew, Carrots, Spinich, turnips, Peas etc...

NOTHING GREW the Next year....1 melon 1 lettuce. i DID save the seeds to test them.

Lots and Lots Of Sunflowers.

Best Regards,

Blitzkreigen

[edit on 14-6-2008 by Blitzkreigen]

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Well if there is something wrong with the beef then we might not see it until it sets and runs through our system resulting in death ( then reanimation ) like AIDS. It takes a while but it still kills you. Just like the radiation thing, you might not know it is there at all until it happens! It could just sit a feed in our bodies until it eventually kills us. I won't eat the cloned meat, the SAID they wont clone ORGANIC cows so that is the way I am going.

P.S.-- It is not supposed to be released into the public till next year but has already been approved.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by tpeele

If you Have a "BRAUMS" Ice Cream and Dairy Store near you, I Belive that they still use Organic Feeds and Own thier own Dairy Cows and Beef Cows. I think their chickens and pork are their own stock as well.

They seem to have really good products, and I would recommend them if you have never tried them.

They seem to be one of the Last Mom and Pop hold outs.

I think I'll go there for breakfast.

Best regards,

Blitzkreigen

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Dude, I have never even heard of that before.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join