It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seriously, Zombies?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Ok, I am sure you have all heard about the FDA approving CLONED cow meat to be eaten by the pubilc and I just wanted to know if it was just me or does anyone else feel a zombie invasion?

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by tpeele

Zombies are the reanimated dead, cloned cow meat is animal meat who's protiens have been grown in a culture, so explain your leap there?

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 05:00 PM
link   
I don't think the zombies can invade.

Don't we have a treaty with Zombabwe?

Spider

The undead most likely wont rise from their graves due to cloning...though I'm not sure if I want to eat cloned meat, not yet anyway.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 05:02 PM
link   
I'll have my free range zombie medium rare please!

[edit on 10-6-2008 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 05:04 PM
link   
I have NO problem with cloned beef.

I prefer, though, that only cloned people eat it. That keeps it all in the family.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 05:05 PM
link   
The world is already taken over and run by zombies! They are the living dead but they are living rather then dead.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by RuneSpider
reply to post by tpeele

Zombies are the reanimated dead, cloned cow meat is animal meat who's protiens have been grown in a culture, so explain your leap there?

I think he might be saying that by consuming meat with modified DNA our body's DNA will mutate as a result of eating that which had been modified.

A fairly typical zombie-holocaust plot setting really.

Anyway, my preferred method will be to strap (rope/duct tape) baking trays to my fore-arms for protection/back-handing, which will give me a clear advantage in hand-to-hand against a lone zombie while at the same time ensuring my hands are free to manipulate whatever object or heavier melee weapons are available at the time.

Other than that, it's your typical SitX.

[edit on 10-6-2008 by Anti-Tyrant]

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by RuneSpider

Well I was just saying that it sounds like one of those zombie movie mishaps where they try to mass produce cattle and something goes horribly wrong and zombies are the result ( if you eat the meat ). Personally, I am not going to eat the cloned meat, I will go all organic.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Anti-Tyrant

Exactly! It just sounds like the setup for a zombie mishap. If you have ever played the game " Dead Rising " the plot was that they were trying to mass produce cattle ( not cloning ) but ended up with zombie wasps that fed on the cows.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by tpeele
reply to post by RuneSpider

Well I was just saying that it sounds like one of those zombie movie mishaps where they try to mass produce cattle and something goes horribly wrong and zombies are the result ( if you eat the meat ). Personally, I am not going to eat the cloned meat, I will go all organic.

LOL, Classic!
Every day on ATS op are being serious and we make fun of them. But not this time, you were being funny and poor anti tyrant gave you the benefit of the doubt and took you seriously.
Hilariously sweet!

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

Umm.....I was being serious though... I am only 15 and i do believe that this will result in people becoming zombies! Seriously.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by tpeele

Oh? So in that game the zombie wasps were feeding on the cows?

I knew there were zombie wasps but it's was on my friend's x-box, so i don't have the entire storyline in my head, sorry.

Too busy killing zombies for storylines, lol.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 05:36 PM
link   

I have a habit of being able to figure out people's motives fairly quickly, if they don't hide their meanings.

Anyway, tpeele: There are worse things for you to worry about than zombies, friend.

Don't forget space aliens and mutants!

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Well that is not really the point. All I am saying is that by doing this we are f******g with nature and last time we did that we blew up Hiroshima and Nagasaki. It is not natural and it seems like this could be a big mistake.

But if all prevails then we could end world hunger. Other countries could stop starving there children. It could be good for the world, all we can do is wait and see.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anti-Tyrant

I have a habit of being able to figure out people's motives fairly quickly, if they don't hide their meanings.

Anyway, tpeele: There are worse things for you to worry about than zombies, friend.

Don't forget space aliens and mutants!

Dude, my bad! Good lesson for me not to assume.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by tpeele

Well that is not really the point. All I am saying is that by doing this we are f******g with nature and last time we did that we blew up Hiroshima and Nagasaki. It is not natural and it seems like this could be a big mistake.

This is the only possibility I ever see of a REAL "Zombie" Scenario.

People who survive a Nuclear Detonation, and receive LESS than 500 RADS of radiation, and possibly contaminated with Tritium ( Makes your watch glow ), will GET SICK after just a few days or even Hours.

THEN..... THEY GET FEELING "NORMAL" AGAIN after 10 to 14 days, where everything is just "fine"... then they Die a horrible and Painful Death days later suddenly, when they RELAPSE and Succumb to the LD 50 dose rate.

Unfortunately it was LD 100 % for them....

Its just that what do they do in the mean time when they get feeling better? Walk Aroung Moaning and Groaning?? Glowing? Looking for Foood and Water? And Brains...

I'm really not kidding here folks.

Listen to the Cresson Kearny from ORNL:

Or Even the Oregon Institute of Science and Medicine, or the NATO Medical Aspects Of NBC Warfare.

Tritium, may or may not be present, depending on the construction of the weapon.

Best regards,

Blitzkreigen ( Not currently Glowing, but its Daylight still )

[edit on 10-6-2008 by Blitzkreigen]

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 05:50 PM
link   

It was the 'poor' part that set me off, actually.

I'd hate to think i was 'poor' in any aspect, which is probably why i tried to work out each of my individual skills and traits to 'average' status (which might be poor to you).

Apologies if i bit your head off (pun intended).

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Blitzkreigen

Oh man, not rad-zombies, please anything but those!

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anti-Tyrant

It was the 'poor' part that set me off, actually.

I'd hate to think i was 'poor' in any aspect, which is probably why i tried to work out each of my individual skills and traits to 'average' status (which might be poor to you).

Apologies if i bit your head off (pun intended).

Let me also say that I meant "poor" with compassion. As in, I thought you were trying to do the right thing and it backfired. I even called you sweet!

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog

Let me also say that I meant "poor" with compassion. As in, I thought you were trying to do the right thing and it backfired. I even called you sweet!

And i thought you were cute for doing so.

But seriously, you did more or less draw this impression up of me as this little puppy just begging to be kicked.

Which, i suppose, is what happened.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join