It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help I have something on radar running real time and dont know how to save it

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Triton1128

Explain the ring, then.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 05:23 PM
link   
The ring effect that you see is nothing more then the suns reflection off the ocean surface with a circular cloud pattern partially obscuring the reflection. Kinda like a an annular eclipse.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Sorry mate, it doesn't look very 'partial' to me - it looks like there's a damn round object with lights attached to the circumfrance that goes underwater.

Maybe it's untrackable by sonar?

*purposefully playing devil's advocate*

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 05:28 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Actually, I think you are right, and it is the sun. If you speed up the feed, watch for the very large lit area, it goes on after the ring disappears. It does seems weird, but the large background light moves with it from the start, and continues on after the anomaly is gone.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Slow it down, rock it, and zoom in. It's only in the band where there are no clouds. And I'm not so sure it goes into the water.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 05:33 PM
link   
A side note Id like to bring up again. The reflection appears to cover an area the size of a state. If an object that big were to come out of the ocean.. we would have a tidal wave ripping into Mexico. That and the entire west coast of Mexico and southern California would most likely be able to view this thing.

Finally, notice around the reflection you have a slightly lower intensity reflection that covers a larger area? that again is the sun bouncing and defusing itself off the waves.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 05:36 PM
link   
I took some frame by frame shots of it. Its the best I can do with that. will look more closely at it whan I have time.

and yes nice detail around 17:30 I agree

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 05:39 PM
link   

That makes sense, considering the variation in the lights around the circle.

Maybe i got ahead of myself hoping this was some new black project by the military.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 05:52 PM
link   
The visible satellite loop. I was wondering how sunlight was appearing on a radar image.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 06:53 PM
link   
I think it is the suns reflection after all. My husband pointed out the appearance of islands to me. We google earthed it and sure enough....Im not sure that they are above water much, but it does appear that there are islands where the lights are. Perhaps white sandy beaches?? I circled (or attempted to circle ha) the islands in red.

Thanks every one for jumping in so fast and getting those pics posted for me.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Regardless of what it is, it is a very interesting find , worthy of speculation and very cool.

How did you find it BTW?

Roper

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Um, I think if that was a flying object the size of a state, someone else would have noticed it...

Besides, it looks like the sun's reflection anyway. It's going from East to West and there's a brightened area around it that continues onward which would be consistent with the timeframe that the sun would set over this part of America.

Cool loop though, neat to watch

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Roper

Thanks Roper. I was just checking out the weather. Something I have done thousands of times.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Clipperton Island lies about 945 km (587 mi, 510 nmi) from Socorro island in the Revillagigedo archipelago, Mexico, the nearest land. The ring-shaped island has completely enclosed its lagoon for approximately a century and is 12 km in circumference. The lagoon has some deep basins (−43 m, −22 m) and one deep spot ("Trou-Sans-Fond", meaning bottomless hole) with acidic water (sulphuric acid) at the bottom and is stagnant. The lagoon is devoid of fish. Clipperton Rock, at 29 m, is the highest point. It is a volcanic outcrop located in the southeast.

Source

I think that is what you all are seeing. The coral atoll is 12km in circumference

edit to add: although I will admit some data from the GOES X-ray flux is missing from that time frame. hmmm

Source

[edit on 10-6-2008 by kdial1]

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticPerhaps
Um, I think if that was a flying object the size of a state, someone else would have noticed it...

Besides, it looks like the sun's reflection anyway. It's going from East to West and there's a brightened area around it that continues onward which would be consistent with the timeframe that the sun would set over this part of America.

Cool loop though, neat to watch

If I told you I just saw a ufo the size of a state, would you believe me?

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Just thought i should clarify something

We use radar and sat pictures for our forecasting over here what you have is actually the loop for the visible imagery satellite, not a radar.

Although I use this sat imagery on a daily basis, I am not sure as to what the object is. It could possibly be the sun reflection but I have never actually seen it on our vis sat images

Cool find though

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Perhaps Im wrong about this and maybe this isnt just radar the guy is using, but radar is simply the use of sound waves bouncing off of solid objects. Now sunlight or a reflection of sunlight wouldnt show up on the radar at all.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrsdudara
reply to post by Roper

Thanks Roper. I was just checking out the weather. Something I have done thousands of times.

We all do it thousands of times, except we usually stick our head outside to get it in REAL TIME.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 01:13 PM
link   
I had a strange encounter in that area on the way to Isla Clarion.
I spoke with a pilot whale in a multicolored landscape.
Now you all know I am insane.
I know it happened.
I got chills when I saw the photo.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join