It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help I have something on radar running real time and dont know how to save it

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 04:40 PM
link   
www.ssd.noaa.gov...

Thats a NOAA radar loop running right now. There is a....something there I have never seen before. If you runn it slow you can see the light reflects off the ocean, and the what ever it is is surounded by mist until it flies off then the mist begins to fade.

Sorry for the short post, but I cant figure out how to save the darn thing to post here. So if someone could help me PLEASE!

Thanks

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 04:46 PM
link   
This thing spirals up and the mist cloud moves faster than anything else I have ever seen on radar. The whole thing moves faster than anything else I have seen.

Anyone have ideas on what this is or how to post it here?

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Can you describe where on the radar you are seeing this?
I'm looking now.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 04:53 PM
link   
towards the bottom on the right side
it's really big

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by MagicaRose

Bottom right quadrant, looks interesting.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 04:54 PM
link   
If you stop the picture at 17:30 you can get it in decent detail.

Regardless, that thing is huge, so it would explain why it's letting out so much light.

This is actually really odd, it's as if the thing goes into some sort of cloak mode after 17:30.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Is it the bright glowing ring going in the opposite direction of the clouds?

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 04:56 PM
link   
That's not real time, and the area is HUGE. I think the object in question is just a reflection of the sun.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Its comming off the West coast of southern Mexico. Did you try the link and not see anything? I am watching it now, but im not refreshing the loop. Anyone know how to get what is on my screen saved so I can put it up on here?

I have never posted in the UFO section before. Not because I dont believe, Im sure they exist, but this is the first time I feel like there is no question about it. The way this thing moves goes against everything I have ever seen on radar before.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by mrsdudara

To save it, slow it down all the way, and hit "PrintScreen", then open MS Paint, and paste it, save it. Do that for all three frames where the object is visible, but do it one by one.

Then upload it to photobucket

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by SteveR

That's very reasonable of you to say so, but i'm still somewhat concerned by the 'ring' effect it seems to be acheiving.

Does the reflection of the sun often do that over water, i wonder?

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Holy crap!

It went under the water!

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Not sure of the distance it's covering, though it appears to be a couple hundred miles. Each frame is 30 minutes, so start to finish we are looking at one hour.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 05:02 PM
link   
I'm almost certain it's a feature of a sunlight reflection, but it's a VERY interesting find!

If you pause the java, you can use "file" and "save as" to capture that screen shot. I think you can save the entire java file that way as well.

Good find! What is it? I don't know. It does seem to coincide with the passing sunlight reflection.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Anti-Tyrant

Thats what my boys said. It does look that way doesnt it.

Mekanic, I cant figure out how to do that, can you do it?

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 05:13 PM
link   
That's weird. I must admit I have never studied radar loops.

The "ring of fire" disappears at a preexisting "ring" of clouds. Watch closely and you can see a preexisting ring before the "object" gets to the vanishing point.

At 1500 ~1600 there is a clear cloud ring

There must be an reasonable explanation for this phenomena

Maybe it's the largest colony of electric eels in the world

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by argentus

Good find! What is it? I don't know. It does seem to coincide with the passing sunlight reflection.

It's possible under certain conditions for sunlight to reflect in that way, but those conditions would have to be met - which they aren't.

Look at the time-stamp; 5:30 (afternoon?) at mid-summer.

The sun won't be making any reflections like that, i don't think - at least not off the coast of central america.

Is this the first time anyone's seen a UFO go underwater, by any chance?

It would be interesting to know whether or not the military were developing submersible aircraft now (theoretically possible).

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Might have been wrong about the sun bit there...

Now that i think about it...

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Yay! It worked!

Anyway, this is the last frame where it is visible. I really wish the times weren't so far apart though, as this is the only frame where it carries this shape.

[edit on 10-6-2008 by Mekanic]

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Its the SUN... lol

seriously... also something of THAT size.. were talking the size of Connecticut. Riighht.

Common sense... Look up another day... and holy crap! its there again

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join