It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Forum: Decision 2008 - The U.S. Presidential Election

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Now that the mainstream media has properly anointed the two candidates from the two parties that we've been convinced are our only choices, it makes sense to launch the new ATS forum dedicated to the 2008 Presidential Election.

Decision 2008 Forum

Use this new forum for all discussions about the two main candidates, the election process, other candidates from other parties, voting issues, and all other topics related to the media madness that will be the 2008 Presidential Election in the United States.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Bravo!

This is a much needed addition. Thank you.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Good idea SO. Hopefully it keeps the political sniping off the rest of the boards.

CT

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Gets down on my knees, bowing and scraping and yelling...We're not worthy, we're not worthy! Thanks S.O. and ATS in general

I am all giddy like George Clooney at a communist how-to-write-your-manifesto- class!!

[edit on 10-6-2008 by LateApexer313]

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Well, I just wanted to comment on the awesome graphic!
:
Good job to the artist

*off to find my thick, padded, full body armor before entering new forum*

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 12:27 AM
link   
My choice is for Bob Barr, the Libertarian candidate. The only one talking about real change and not just politics. It's Ron Paul in younger skin... though not much younger.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Locoman8

If my vote and every other vote weren't needed to keep Barack Obama out of the White House, I'd vote for Barr, too. I'm a Libertarian. But Obama is a slimy ward-heeling little bastard who has learned how to convincingly simulate having a conscience for large audiences. The man worked as a legal gunfighter for a SLUMLORD, for Christ's sake! Great resume, huh?

I'm no JFK fan, but all the comparisons between Obama and JFK just show how stupid the press today is. For all his faults, JFK served his country in combat; he put in considerable time in Congress - many years - before he ran for the Presidency.

By comparison, Obama's resume sucks. He was a lawyer who handled some dirty work for a slumlord; then he had a teaching job at a law school; an unfinished term in the Illinois State Senate; then his current job in the US Senate, where he's impressed people mainly by his lack of attendance at defense committee hearings and his slavish obedience to the farthest left wing of the Democratic Party. He doesn't represent anything or anybody but Markos Moulitsas and his fellow hard left ass monkeys, as you can tell by looking at his votes.

Then there's John McCain - many years in the US Senate, he's risked the wrath of his own political base to reach across the aisle and make bipartisan compromises (even if some of them, like the McCain-Feingold Campaign Reform Act, were total screw-ups at their intended purpose). Before that, he was in business, not screwing poor families or helping slumlords screw them. and before that, volunteered for dangerous duty in Vietnam - flew combat missions until he was shot down and kept prisoner for years by the enemy.

I've actually seen people on chatrooms (who apparently cut English class in junior high and were social-promoted through high school) talk about not voting for "McCane's war trama ass."

THAT'S an Obama supporter. Do we really want his man in the White House? Not me. Do his supporters want to riot in the streets if their guy loses? Fine. Don't mind the buckshot and police dogs.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 01:30 PM
link   
I like the new forum.

Question: Who will be the moderators?

I don't see that listed anywhere. Maybe I missed it.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 03:05 PM
link   
I feel your pain but if every libertarian or independent who liked Bob Barr or Ron Paul voted for someone else to keep the bad guy out, that's probably why these well-intended candidates can't get elected. If everyone voted their concience after studying each candidate and made a choice based on that platform, we'd have a libertarian in office. Bob Barr 2008! Vote for the truth and for liberty.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 03:10 PM
link   
I have to give it to the ATS administration, they are doing their best to keep the traffic control to a minimum now that the fight for the white house is heating up.

Good way to go, keep the debates control.

This election year I have no desire to debate either or, I guess after the last eight years fiasco I have come to realize that is not such thing as for the people political candidate.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Bob Barr is for the people. Ron Paul was for the people. No one cared because they weren't the big dogs with the money. Vote Bob Barr if you want a "For the People" candidate.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Honestly I really don't care who gets in, only because I don't really truely think it matters at this point. I think that it is no longer up to the politicians but to the people of America to see what happens. More people than ever have been out voting this year and I hope that is a sign that they want to truely do something different in their world.

But as far as the main canidates are concerned I don't think any of them would be good. It's just another person wanting control of the people, power over is a big problem in the world. Sure they look good now, but so did many of the past presidents when they got into office (I will not mention any names here).

What can a president do any more anyways? I'd really like to know. Can they stop the price of oil going up? Can they stop the food shortage? Can they cure mental illness? What can they do? The only thing I see happening with politics in the US is the fact that it is getting harder for everyone there.

The government was put there to guide people and that is not what is happening. The leaders are leading them into a further disaster. I don't see how a new person in office can save anyone...

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Bravo Locoman08. I too think Barr is the only one making sense. If you have not seen the video titled "zeitgeist", please do so. It will show a side of politics that explains what "possibly" is really going on in this world today. It will open your eyes quite a bit. You can do a google search and bring it up. reply to post by Locoman8

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 03:39 PM
link   
I wish that I could just vote for Barr. He's closer to my personal feelings than any of the present candidates in the two big parties.

I voted our party's candidate for President in 1992. Remember what happened? We got eight years of Clinton and Wife. And a Defense Department so bollixed up that the damage took years to repair after Bush II won.

The vote is a sacred trust - to our neighbors, our kids, our parents; and in this election we can't afford to throw it away because we're justifiably disgusted with the two major parties. When we get a candidate that could win... that's another story. Not just a spoiler like H. Ross Perot, but someone like Barr in an election where the Republic wouldn't be drawn through Hell because a real wang won as a result of us voting our party in a race where our guy didn't have a chance in Hell.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Our government was not put here to guide the people. It was put here to serve the people and protect the people of this country by protecting our liberties. Instead the people today feel like they have to serve the government and let them do what they want. More liberties are taken away for a masked illusion of safety and security. I think the New Hampshire state motto says it all... "Live free or die!" I'd rather die for freedom than to live in a country of tyranny and persecution. Our government is turning into the British of the 18th century American Revolution.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by vfrickey

I am considering voting for Bob Barr.

A 3rd Party can win. Abraham Lincoln led a 3rd Party.

[edit on 11-6-2008 by CharlesMartel]

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Text READ THIS

TextNO MATTER WHO IS ELECTED THE POWER ELITE ALWAYS REMAIN IN TRUE CONTROL

So this is why I do NOT vote because the secret government, shadow government and whomever you want to refer to them as always have the final say so.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

I would like for ATS to send out a survey to all it's members to see who they are leaning towards voting for/why and post the results on the site (you do have our emails, send out a survey).

I am not going to bother voting but I would like to see Obama win it in November just for kicks. I am a libertarian and my party has zero chance of winning. What's the point of voting for a candidate who has absolutely no chance of winning? I am not trying to be negative about it, I just don't believe in lying to myself. Politics is all about the manipulation of the masses, winning the hearts and minds of the stupid and gullible (no shortage of either in the U.S. and the rest of the world for that matter - they number in the billions). What can I say, I'm just not a people person. I hate everyone.

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Your talk of the libertarians having no chance in hell is the same additude that keeps them from winning. Bipartisanship is the worst thing in U.S. politics. We also need to change the rules for congress and give them only the ability to be re-elected twice like the president. I'm voting Bob Barr, spoiler or not because I will know I picked the right person to run this country. Stop treating it like a game and really look at all the candidates and what they truly stand for.

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 08:01 AM
link   
WHO CARES?????

Us Aussies have been asking for a new forum for ages so we can discuss relevant issues and we are being denied this. Yours is a very myopic view of the world.

The world does not evolve around AMERICA.............(waits for post to be deleted and a banning??)

So alls good when you can create a new forum at will for your current view of the world that interests you.

What about the rest of us?.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join