It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unknown origin of scar

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by primus2012
Cruddy camera - best quality i can get for now.

I have a scar in that EXACT same spot.

also.. got a little freaked out by this.. after reading the letterman thread about romanek I decided to finally take a look at the guys site and he had a picture

This is exactly like marks that I found mysteriously in the same spot in march of 2004 during a period of what I believed to be paranormal activity in my home at the time.

I thought what the hell? looks like a snake bite but I woke up with it.. and it seemed to big to be a spider bite. I still have the scar from that as well. I need to get a camera so I can take photos of these. sigh.

I will post pictures as soon as I can.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by NephraTari

I checked out the external image you gave.

Now not saying I know first hand, pardon the pun, but that looks more like struggling against handcuffs.

Just my opinion.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by NGC2736

I checked out the external image you gave.

Now not saying I know first hand, pardon the pun, but that looks more like struggling against handcuffs.

Just my opinion.

I mean the puncture marks not the other.

I woke up and thought a snake had bit me while I slept

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Here is a picture of my scar. I could not get the picture to less than 100 kilobytes so there is a link to it below:

img204.imageshack.us...

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 03:25 AM
link   
I have the same scar, same spot on left hand. Now I thought I got ths last week, I recall picking at a bloodied scab on my hand, so that could be it. I really don't know if I had the scar before. It's a white mark now, just like the imageshack pic posted. But anyways I thought the mark was from my cat scratching me as I slept. I don't recall hurting myself. so that's why I think the cat did it.

[edit on 12-6-2008 by violet]

[edit on 12-6-2008 by violet]

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 10:23 AM
link   
I have had this for as long as I can remember, but any injury which produces a scar has to be a fairly deep cut and I am almost positive the pain of such a scratch would awaken someone who was asleep. Maybe not though. I just think it is peculiar that it is in the same place for so many people (whom I have encountered) and commonly unexplainable. Has anyone ever had an x-ray done of their scar? I never thought of it before but maybe I will get it checked out.

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 08:48 PM
link   

it's kinda funny but i had a small set on the outside back of my left hand a week or so ago that looked like that bite, too large to be a spider but way too small for a snake, and they were on my hand when i awoke after fishing all day the previous day; i didn't get finned, altho i did have an encounter with some viscious ants.
curiouser and couriouser.

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 09:48 PM
link   
I must admit to a scar on my left hand between the thumb and 1st finger. I OFTEN wonder about where it came from. Maybe my buddy Jack Daniels knows but I certainly don't and it's odd that I even opened this thread! My scar and this topic are both strange to me!

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by the seeker_713g

I find it interesting that so many have these scars in common. simple paper cuts and scratches do not leave long term scars.

I also find it interesting that none of us really thought much of it when we had unexplained injuries we could not remember suffering.

we just shrug it off. Perhaps we are given a suggestion to do just that.

I dont know. but I do find it odd.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 01:47 PM
link   
It is odd that so many have the same scar, same area, same hand. I really don't think it was alien related, because I have a cat with very sharp claws. It looked like new, fresh blood and wasn't there the day before. Trying to think what did it led me to think it could only have been the cat in my sleep. I know it wouldn't have woken me up as it happened, because I often get scars with no memory of receiving them. Then again when a cat scratches it does hurt!

Off topic: Having an animal makes me feel safer because any odd noises I hear during the night I can blame on that. Whenever I'm downstairs I can hear what sounds like someone walking around upstairs. Other peope have noticed it, asking what it is, because no-one is up there, and I say it's that big fat cat. The other day I heard the noises, but it wasn't in the house, so now I don't know what's causing the walking sound.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by violet

lol, yea, i like having my german shepherd and Pit Bull in my room with me when i sleep, cause i can be fairly sure that any intruding alien trying to probe me wouldn't get far with a 150lbs of horse/dog barking at you.

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by primus2012

Are you by chance left handed?

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 06:44 PM
link   
i have two scars on the back of my left hand they are both about 2cm long neither myself or my family can ever remember hurting my hand. A few years ago i went to see a doctor about another matter and he thought that they were operation scars. I have been thinking about it for a few weeks now for some reason and came across this site. I do believe that ufos exist but have never seen one. I thought it might be worth asking here.
please reply

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 01:44 AM
link   
I have horizontal scar exactly like the ones you all mention on the top of my hand between my thumb and index, right near the base where the thumb and index would meet. I remember waking up one day and it was just there, no recolection of how i got it and it certainly wasn't there the day before, I was about 12 or 13. It is prefectly straight about 1.5cm long and 3 mm wide and raised like a a slight bump. I always jokingly said it was an implant to my friends, finding this site has got me thinking alot harder about it's origin...
It's strange the only reason I came across this was simply because I wanted to see if anyone else had a strange unknown scar along with a mate who also has an unknown scar on his palm area almost exactly same appearance and size as mine, just different area of his hand.

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 02:05 PM
link   
i have a scar across my my stomach about a foot long and i don't know where it came from nither does any one in my family..it's so weird

posted on Feb, 8 2009 @ 02:49 PM
link   

I find it interesting that so many have these scars in common. simple paper cuts and scratches do not leave long term scars.

I'm Swiss about all this, but I'd suggest that the sample that this thread represents is too small to draw conclusions from. It's 'confirmation bias.'

Confirmation bias occurs when we selectively notice or focus upon evidence which tends to support the things we already believe or want to be true while ignoring that evidence which would serve to disconfirm those beliefs or ideas.
source

That a handful (another pun!) of posters share the same scar on a thread about scars isn't conclusive or indicative of anything. It's similar to asking who's the best guitarist on a Jimi Hendrix on a Hendrix forum.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by SRTkid86

Text Black
I have one similar on my left wrist. It is a large scar that protrudes and looks a bit like a rocket. No idea where it came from, and have always had it. I always joke that it is a stigmata from a past life.Text Black

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 02:34 AM
link   
I have a scar on my right hand under my thumb on the palm side. I've had it for as long as I can remember but I didn't have any injuries to that area so I'm not sure how I got it. My bestfriend and her brother have the same type of scar on the top of their right hand and have no clue how they got there's either.

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 05:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: primus2012
Well - i just don't remember having a bad enough cut for a scar, but i do remember countless paper cuts in that area (painful).
I have other scars on body, but firmly recall where/how i got them.

The scar on hand is about 1/4in long, about 1/16in wide, perfectly straight, and white. There is a slight keloid/raised feel to it, but it doesn't have that numby weird feeling when touched like my other scars.

Maybe it was a burn?

the numby/weird feeling probably comes from severed nerves when u got the cut. only my deeper cuts/scars get that feeling. (all my scars are normal as far as i can tell...)
edit on 23-11-2015 by anotheramethyst because: spelling

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join