It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I just got done speaking with someone who works at BAFB!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 03:18 PM
link   
BAFB=BUCKLEY AIR FORCE BASE in AURORA, COLORADO

We had lunch and I started asking questions, namely, the upcoming war with IRAN. This person said that war with IRAN is "inevitable" and that this notion has come down from their superiors...although this person said that it will most likely happen after the 2008 elections (which we all disagree, right?).

This person also said that IRAQ was better left alone (as if anyone now thinks otherwise, with the exception of Sean Hannity).

I think there will be a staged event before the 2008 elections in order to invade IRAN, and when that happens and after a short nuclear exchange, it will be best to head for the mountains...just not CHEYENNE MOUNTAIN, that is just down the street and where Dick Cheney was born, bad feng shui to say the least....

This person will soon be shipped to Afghanistan, so I will try to keep in touch.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Hmm. I am moving to Buckley AFB in a few months.

Why would this person you met have any info on anything relating to Iran? So you know. Many people in the Air Force (or any other branch) make claims based on opinons and try and make it sound like they are "in the know". So, he may not be in the know of anything.

What does he do there at Buckley?

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 03:31 PM
link   
I would like to maintain confidentiality of the person, for they do not know I am here talking about them.

Notions are just that. And when I asked how they knew, they said that it is just from conversations with their superiors. Cooler talk, if you will. It happens in every job. So the noise is: war with IRAN will happen.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by pluckynoonez

Im not asking for his name....just his job there. LOL

I wouldnt base anything on the word of one person. Anyone in the know isnt going to just tell some civilian over lunch.

I put zero weight into any of this

[edit on 10-6-2008 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Yeah, right. Just a buncha officers, hanging around the cooler, shooting the breeze about football, wives, and an upcoming operation with Iran.

Lemme guess, this guy works at the DFAC, right?

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

Whether he or she or job title, is not my privilege to reveal.

I must respect privacy.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by jerico65
Yeah, right. Just a buncha officers, hanging around the cooler, shooting the breeze about football, wives, and an upcoming operation with Iran.

I googled it, and I can honestly say that this person does not work for the Dunedin Fine Art Center.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by pluckynoonez

Originally posted by jerico65

I googled it, and I can honestly say that this person does not work for the Dunedin Fine Art Center.

Or the chow hall.....either one.

Im gonna have to agree with green eyed leo on this one.....1. The guy has no idea what is going to happen, and 2. Even if he did, he would not tell you.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Psst. Lemme give you a hint. PokeyJoe is right.

A DFAC is the chow hall.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Hey, I'm not trying to say this or that, I am just reporting the conversation. The person in question avoids politics and is sincere (even, say, "hot", as in "looking", which it is proven, in science, that attractive people rarely lie). Besides, rumors in any workplace exist, the possibility of future contracts and the like....

The point is, noise about war with IRAN is everywhere. Soon it will not be "the war with IRAN" but, rather, "the IRAN WAR."

May peace, love, and lollypops deliver us all.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 04:54 PM
link   

This person said that war with IRAN is "inevitable" and that this notion has come down from their superiors...although this person said that it will most likely happen after the 2008 elections (which we all disagree, right?).
This guy probably hasn't heard anything official unless he is in battle planning (not likely) or logistics. There are always rumors of war especially on mil bases where adrenaline and testerone tend to run amuck.

This person also said that IRAQ was better left alone (as if anyone now thinks otherwise, with the exception of Sean Hannity).

Actually, as long as Iran is in the business of exporting islamic revolution Iraq will not be stable should we leave. Forget Sean Hannity - that is simply fact. It's unfortunate that "W" lied and got us in this - but if we leave without compromising Iran's strength, Iraq will be an annex of Iran within 12 months.

I think there will be a staged event before the 2008 elections in order to invade IRAN, and when that happens and after a short nuclear exchange...

If that happens according to your timetable there will be no nuclear exchange because Iran does not yet possess nukes or the ability to deliver them via missile.
If such a conflict happens it will be a very fast decapitation of the leadership (precision strike), infrastructure such as utlities, certainly the nuke facilities, and don't forget about the silkworm launchers in the Straight of Hormuz and every revolutiuonary guard barracks in the country. For such an endeavor I give USAF 1-2 days max with no occupation forces going in at all.

Originally posted by greeneyedleo
Many people in the Air Force (or any other branch) make claims based on opinons and try and make it sound like they are "in the know". So, he may not be in the know of anything.

There is an epidemic of that throughout the armed forces. When I talk to someone to get info, if they aren't a full bird Colonel or higher or a hands-on op, chances are they know nothing.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Bottom line is, they were giving their opinion, nothing more. There is no way that this person would give that kinda information up in a casual conversation....

As far as I know, Buckley is a very very tiny base, and is a AFSPC place that deal with pretty much strictly satellites. I was deployed with some people from there, and they didnt even have a clinic....which says a lot about the size and importance of the facility.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 11:40 AM
link   

........The person in question avoids politics and is sincere (even, say, "hot", as in "looking", which it is proven, in science, that attractive people rarely lie).

Are you kidding me ??? attractive people rarely lie ??

what utter BS and you should be ashamed at yourself for even saying it.

and to use that hogwash as validity for your claims is even more preposterous !

I know a few "pretty" people and they lie just like the rest of us.

where is your data proving this insane theory ?? I would like to read it because I cannot for one second believe that joke of a reply.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Whether he or she or job title, is not my privilege to reveal.
I must respect privacy.

How about you at least tell us what rank this person is? That might put some fears to rest.

It is hard to lend credibility to these kinds of statements without knowing more about the person.

Junior enlisted folks speculate all the time, this sounds to me like one of those times.

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by intelgurl

Intelgurl has nailed it not once not twice but pretty much every point. I have worked in defence and around/for military for severla years now. there are very few who are really "in the know". When you are around one it actually is a scary thing.

new topics

top topics

join