It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can airsoft guns be used for survival training?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by 5ealchris

Well if it was cheap I would already be doing that.
So please dont post telling me to spend money I dont have.
I'm in colledge so I have to pay for rent, food and other expenses.

Well, you asked, I gave my opinion. Airsoft isn't the answer you're looking for. Piss around with toys, and when the time comes, there's a good chance someone will be handing you your ass.

I believe I gave you good advice. It's up to you to do what you want with it. I think you are a no go at this station.

Have a fine AFSOC day.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by jerico65

I didnt mean to sound mean.

It was good advice. Its just I dont have alot of money right now.

And If I had that kind of money I would go do that.

Sorry If I offened you.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 04:37 AM
link   
reply to post by 5ealchris

I will then suggest that you teach every member of your family how to shoot real firearms with accuracy and deliberation. A .22 rimfire rifle in the hands of proficient shooter is 10x times as deadly as your typical gangbanger spraying bullets with a subgun. Trained soldiers don't like to deal with determined defenses and thug gangs will just end up dead. You'll want to create defense and kill zones around your retreat/homestead that will channel any possible intruders to where you want them to go. If a place looks well defended, you've already established a psychological edge on any would be attacker.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Airsoft guns are not just toys and neither they, or even real weapons will teach you what it’s like to pull the trigger on a human being and watch/smell them die it is not pretty.

I use both the airsoft and my real weapons for practice. That is invaluable it is the practice that makes you accurate. But the airsoft gun has to be the same as your combat weapon
I love all the advice that you are getting telling you how it is just a toy get a real weapon, like they know your situation.

If you use an AQT target for training at 25 yards you will do fine with the real thing when you get it.

Take it from a combat veteran all the training in the world will not prepare you for your first kill, you will never forget it. And it doesn’t make any that follow any easier either.

Yes learn a skill that will make you a valued member of the community when Sitx happens. But your weapons skills will keep you and your family alive when the rest of the community decides to pay the roving bands for the privilege to breathe.

Just to let you know I have spent fifty years honing my combat/survival skills and I have barley scratched the surface of what you need to know. I learned more about survival in combat with one tour of Viet Nam than most any one that has been giving you advice on what to do. Find a group, or form one to start learning the basics.

Old Saigon

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by crgintx

Yeah I've been trying to convince my friends and family to start preparing for sitx. But they dont really listen.

And my dad owns a .22 its just that I dont live with him. And my parents live in the suburbs about 3 hours away from where I live so I cant really shoot with him there. And I dont visit him that often because of gas.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 05:38 PM
link   

I suggest that for realistic long distance shooting practice, a .177 caliber air rifle(full power,800 fps or more) at 50-60 yards will sharpen your wind doping skills even better than a rimfire will. I shoot air rifles competitively in a sport called Field Target and we've got several high power shooters that shoot with us who have said that shooting an air rifle at 50+ yards is more difficult than shooting a full power rifle at 500 yards under the same wind conditions. . The ammo is even cheap now than rimfire and if you can find a nice secluded patch of nearby woods, you can practice quietly without attracting alot of attention. Some of the Crosman and Daisy replica CO2 pistols are so close the real thing that they fool most casual observers plus they can take small game upto 20 yards with a precise shot. Some thing you can't do with an air soft pistol. We've tried the airsoft at 10 meters indoors but they really aren't very accurate compared to even the cheapest CO2 pellet pistols. If you can't practice regularly due to your budget, I would suggest a revolver instead of automatic, A bolt action rifle over a semi-auto and a ..410 or 20 gauge pump action shotgun for a primary home defense weapon. Mr Shotgun beats Mr Pistol caliber subgun everytime in CQB. Both the Marines and Special Forces have them for their unrivaled effectiveness at stopping the drug fueled crazies. I guarded nuclear weapons convoys in Strategic Air Command. The last line of close in defense was always a 12 gauge Remington Model. 870 or my beloved Winchester Model 12 with fanfire capability with 000 buck shot.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by crgintx

I should have clarifed this in my orginal post. But the co2 pistol I have is crossman pellet gun. I just didnt really know their was a difference between airsoft ment airguns in general.

And thanks for the advice on guns. I'll look into that air rifle you mentioned.
And I have been planing on getting a revolver for awhile now, ideally I would want a colt python. But as I mentioned before I dont have that kind of money. And with that kind of money I could propably get 2 or 3 guns, instead of just 1.
And now that I'm working full time because school is over, and I'm back from visiting my parents for a month.
I think I'll be able to get somekind of gun by early to middle july if my rent isn't raised again.

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 01:57 AM
link   
When I was in the army, years ago, we did quick kill training with BB guns and metal disks, toss the disk and hit it.

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 02:03 PM
link   
yes,beacaue ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. I dont know.

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 02:10 PM
link   

You can get a savage model 64f .22 for under a hundred bucks.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join