It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pakistan militants most likely authors of future US attack: Mullen

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Pakistan militants most likely authors of future US attack: Mullen

rawstory.com

Any future terror attack against US interests would most likely be carried out by Islamic militants based in Pakistan's restive tribal belt bordering Afghanistan, the top US military official said Tuesday.

Admiral Michael Mullen, chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, told a press conference that tribal groups with ties to Al-Qaeda in Pakistan's federally administered tribal area represent the worst security threat to the United States.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Bush speaks on the possibility of another 9/11

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 02:52 PM
link   
When I saw this story I initially dismissed it because I had a major case of dejavu over it. I knew I'd seen this story at least a couple months ago and was curious as to why it was a top headline today. Then it hit me... it wasn't Mullen, but President Bush who made basically the exact same claim in April that Mullen is making today. (See the ATS thread from April I've linked to here)

I really, really hate it when the government I so vocally defend makes it so damned easy for the theorists to build an argument. If we end up getting attacked again, blame Pakistan, and then after hitting Pakistan jump into Iran I'm gonna have a real hard time defending that move because it will painfully mirror the theorized M.O. surrounding Afghanistan to Iraq.

rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

join