It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul plans his own convention

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 02:40 PM
link   

www.pittsburghlive.com

Maverick GOP presidential candidate Ron Paul has booked an arena in Minneapolis for a "mini-convention" that could steal some of John McCain's thunder just days before he accepts the Republican nomination.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 02:40 PM
link   
If this doesn't sound like a diving board into a third party run at the White House, I don't know what does. Well, more power to him. So long as he doesn't do anything stupid like run with Ralph Nader, I wish him the best and would sure love to see some polls start showing he's got a chance. Then maybe myself and legions of other conservatives can rationalize voting for him with the knowledge our votes might do something other than fast track Obama to the White House.

www.pittsburghlive.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by burdman30ott6

Thanks for the news! Star and Flag for important news.

This is how it spreads everyone, he cannot get the coverage on the MSM. We are all citizen journalists and need to spread the word via internet since MSM will not utter a word about Ron Paul. The internet is our last voice to be heard without filters from corporate america, soon the internet may be regulated heavily as well. So lets push this revolution onward.

-Kdial1

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by burdman30ott6

I agree with you.I have been a conservative voter from the beginning.I really don't think the republican party has a cold chance at the whitehouse this time.President Bush has blown that chance.If enough constitutionalists/conservatives were to write in Ron Paul for President it would at the very least rattle the cages of the career polititions.A large enough block of voters will undoubtly get their attention.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Hmm, why am I reminded of that scene from Blazing Saddles: Sheriff Bart's family had to make their own wagon circle when attacked by Indians, because "white folks" wouldn't let them join in theirs.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by burdman30ott6

:

And just so it isn't a one line post -

Fantastic news!

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

I just saw Ron Paul on Fox. He said they are having a meeting. The word "convention" is what the media is calling it.

When asked, specificly, if he was going to run as a 3rd party candidate, he said no.

top topics

join