It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama reportedly considering retired military leaders for VP

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Obama reportedly considering retired military leaders for VP

news.yahoo.com

WASHINGTON - Barack Obama is considering former top military leaders among his possible running mates, according to a senator who met Tuesday with the Democratic presidential candidate's vice presidential vetting team.
ADVERTISEMENT

North Dakota Sen. Kent Conrad told The Associated Press said the team asked him about potential candidates from three broad categories — current top elected officials, former top elected officials and former top military leaders.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 02:09 PM
link   
So big no no to clinton ?? Might be his idea to have retired military leaders for VP to fix American conflict's around the world.

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by 123space
Might be his idea to have retired military leaders for VP to fix American conflict's around the world.

Or, it could be to make up for his lack of experience?

Some (in this case) is better than none.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 02:32 PM
link   
It was sad to see so many military leaders abandon the Bush administration. Maybe they will get back into doing what they do best without having to lie to the world. That would be great. No more "yes men".

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 02:35 PM
link   
He has a very wide variety of choices, the Bush administration has alienated & forcibly retired quite a few senior military officers for balking at getting involved in foolish, unwinnable conflicts.

It would be an effective counter to the GOP's "we support the military" propaganda line...

The Bush admin has been jerking the military around, ignoring their counsel, and cynically claiming to be their friends for most of a decade, I'm sure there are some senior military people looking for payback

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 02:45 PM
link   
That may be a good thing for him, but consider the downside. He runs the risk of choosing a VP candidate that overshadows his own qualifications. Although Bush managed to win despite such a situation, its usually not a good thing if people believe that the VP could do a better job than the presidential candidate. Additionally, and perhaps more importantly, most retired military officials have never ran a political campaign at any level. There would likely be a significantly higher risk for damaging mis-statements and such than for a veteran political figure who had been on the campaign trail before.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 02:47 PM
link   
So, Obama is considering former military leaders...perhaps of the following 75...

The Pentagon program, which clearly violated US law against covert government propaganda, embedded more than 75 retired military officers -- most of them with financial ties to war contractors -- into the TV networks as "message surrogates" for the Bush Administration.

Pentagon Military Propaganda
Related ATS Thread

This is something that was released only a month or so ago...are we really demonstrating such a short term memory regarding these events?

Are we prepping for a vice president who may be implicated in what has been termed the first article of impeachment...

#1: Creating a secret propaganda campaign to manufacture a false case for war against Iraq

...of the Bush Administration, thusly giving a reliable connection to said Administration?

This election process is bogus....and so are our leaders...

[edit on 10-6-2008 by MemoryShock]

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by 123space

Ross Perot tried that once.

It wasn't pretty.

[edit on 2008/6/10 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 02:55 PM
link   
I don't trust him. There is something in me that is telling me he is lying.

He says he is there for Israel, however i dont believe when the true time comes he will be. I think it is going to be worse for them. Carter betrade Israel and so will obsama.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Barack Obama carries a Hindu god everywhere he goes for good luck.

The little idol is of the Hindu god "Hanuman", and apparently he has carried it with him for a long time. Here is the link:

shatteredparadigm.blogspot.com...

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Now that is confusing. I mean he claims to be christain. I don't think christains carry those.

[edit on 10-6-2008 by Shar]

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Well his church of 20 years was cast off like a dirty pair of socks as soon as it didn't suite his political identity any more. Not a very consistent person it seems. Can you really trust some one who turns his back on his friends and his beliefs as soon as the political water gets a little hot? There are no politicians that can be trusted and this is a foretelling of how fast he (and all the others for that matter) will turn on us (the American people) as soon as it suits their own personal agenda.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Poindexter the retired Admiral comes to mind

he's been getting paychecks regularly with the position of that Advanced Weapons Reasearch thingy... 'DARPA'

that would fit nicely with the image of change that he Obama cadre is pushing on us.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 03:45 PM
link   
A great ATS thread by "The Vagabond":

www.abovetopsecret.com...

He predicted Obama would win the Democractic Party nomination over Hillary in a narrow victory. (Totally correct.) He made this prediction in April of 2007, well before Obama was even considered a possibility.

In that thread, he suggests that Obama's VP will be General Wesley Clark, a good friend of the Clintons.

The conspiracy: Bill Clinton taps his sometimes friend Wesley Clark to save the day for Hillary. He will be put up as a VP for Obama, then Obama will be assassinated after the election and Hillary will become Clark's VP and heir apparent for 2016.

Pretty amazing accuracy. I'm waiting to see how things work out, hoping for the best, but there is something uncanny about the above prediction, and I have been thinking about it a lot lately...

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf37
Well his church of 20 years was cast off like a dirty pair of socks as soon as it didn't suite his political identity any more.

I know he did and its scary. To go somewhere that long and then turn your back. He's a scary man. Goes to tell you what he will do to us and Israel.

To me they found a VERY BIG LOOP HOLE. Have a man born in our country take him away teach him their ways school him in another country, bring him back put him in politics for a couple years let him run for president and fool every Americans eyes. Now that is scary that america is so blind. Or were they. I mean did they really want him in there? My state didn't, yet he got it anyways. So I don't think it's want we want rather what the government wants!

Buck Division
They want him in there for some reason. They even cheated to get him in there. your vote don’t count its my thread showing how he did not win my state not even close, yet they gave it to him!

There is an EVIL AGANDA going on here. It's not good at all. Our whole government is in on it!!!!

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 04:19 PM
link   
This thread says 'retired military leaders'.
Another thread discussed 3 female govs.

I'd bet on Johnson, who is the Bilderberger heading up the VP search team.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Colin Powell... Best man for the job....

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 08:57 PM
link   

There is something in me that is telling me he is lying.

Yeah.

There is obviously a well-funded campaign trying to keep it that way too.

Fear, Uncertainty, and Doubt, it's a classic Karl Rove campaign tactic...

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Really, his own history speaks very loud. He’s the one who turned his back on his preacher after 20 years when things got a little hot for him. He says one thing and thinks or does another.

People has instincts if they would just use it.

[edit on 10-6-2008 by Shar]

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by vor78
That may be a good thing for him, but consider the downside. He runs the risk of choosing a VP candidate that overshadows his own qualifications.

You've hit on Obama's biggest problem in finding a VP. There a few who DON'T have qualifications that overshadow Obama's.

new topics

top topics

join