It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who is resurrecting dead threads and how?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 02:03 PM
link   
This is really pissing me off. Someone, appears to be "Anonymous ATS" is resurrecting old dead threads, without actually making a post. i.e.:
Hidden City Underneath Adelaide (Pages: 1 2 ) ArchangelOfCool 36 7342 0 10-6-2008 at 06:38 AM by Anonymous ATS

If you go to the last page of that thread, there is no post by Anonymous ATS.

So now every one of these resurrected dead threads is pushing current relevant threads onto page 2, 3, etc.

[edit on 10-6-2008 by FosterVS]

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Foster VS

I have noticed this too, I just assumed it was a glitch in the software. The Anonymous post's do not see to appear all the time at the end of an ongoing thread.

Probably more of an "board Biz" topic than the forum you have it in.

[edit on 10-6-2008 by pavel]

weird the auto edit spelled my name wrong......weird

[edit on 10-6-2008 by pavil]

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by FosterVS

Thanks for the post. I thought there was something wrong with my account that disabled me from looking at Anonymous ATS.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

Likewise, actually.

Definately board business, fosterVS

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Any post to a thread updates it "Last Post" time. That time is used to determine how old a thread is for sorting and whether it should be on the recent posts page.

Anonymous posts are flagged as hidden until they are approved by a moderator.

The solution is to not to update the threads' "Last Post" time until after a Anon post is approved. Ignore hidden posts when perform queries for "Last Post" and "Post Count."

Really, it is just a bug. One of many, many tiny bugs in ATS. Isn't it time for ATS to have some sort of tracker software so that users can enter and comment on bugs and issues? Is the development of ATS really that unorganized?

Take for example the Friends and Foe bug (been around for at least a year now) that marks people as Friend or Foe even if their name only contains part of a real Friend or Foe's name. Example: Violet's posts are marked as Friend even though Agent Violet is the one in my friend list.

Jon

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Already discussed and answered HERE.

Please add to the ongoing discussion.

Thread closed to avoid multiple threads on the same subject.

top topics

join