It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BBC uncovers lost Iraq billions

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 05:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Alferd Packer

Would you care to provide evidence that the bbc is corrupt?

Or is it just that you don't like the programme?

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 02:18 PM
link   
to be honest i was unaware of the fact that there are so many previous situations in which more money was lost and unnaccounted for

this disturbs me even more

whats scary is i dont know whats worse, the fact that trillions have been lost since bush took power or the fact that we as americans allow this to keep happening and the media just allows it,

it truly angers me that there is the paris hilton style bull# going on right now constantly on the news, the news if constantly filled with bs stories and i've personally never seen a single mention about any of those situations on the news or in the media

but as shocking as it is to me

whats even more shocking is the nonchalant emotions being evoked on this situation

i mean just because we lost trillions in the past we should just sit back and think "well at least its not a trillion again"

americans have to stand up

"Howard Beale: I don't have to tell you things are bad. Everybody knows things are bad. It's a depression. Everybody's out of work or scared of losing their job. The dollar buys a nickel's work, banks are going bust, shopkeepers keep a gun under the counter. Punks are running wild in the street and there's nobody anywhere who seems to know what to do, and there's no end to it. We know the air is unfit to breathe and our food is unfit to eat, and we sit watching our TV's while some local newscaster tells us that today we had fifteen homicides and sixty-three violent crimes, as if that's the way it's supposed to be. We know things are bad - worse than bad. They're crazy. It's like everything everywhere is going crazy, so we don't go out anymore. We sit in the house, and slowly the world we are living in is getting smaller, and all we say is, 'Please, at least leave us alone in our living rooms. Let me have my toaster and my TV and my steel-belted radials and I won't say anything. Just leave us alone.' Well, I'm not gonna leave you alone. I want you to get mad! I don't want you to protest. I don't want you to riot - I don't want you to write to your congressman because I wouldn't know what to tell you to write. I don't know what to do about the depression and the inflation and the Russians and the crime in the street. All I know is that first you've got to get mad.
Howard Beale: [shouting] You've got to say, 'I'm a HUMAN BEING, Goddamnit! My life has VALUE!' So I want you to get up now. I want all of you to get up out of your chairs. I want you to get up right now and go to the window. Open it, and stick your head out, and yell,
[shouting]
Howard Beale: 'I'M AS MAD AS HELL, AND I'M NOT GOING TO TAKE THIS ANYMORE!' I want you to get up right now, sit up, go to your windows, open them and stick your head out and yell - 'I'm as mad as hell and I'm not going to take this anymore!' Things have got to change. But first, you've gotta get mad!... You've got to say, 'I'm as mad as hell, and I'm not going to take this anymore!' Then we'll figure out what to do about the depression and the inflation and the oil crisis. But first get up out of your chairs, open the window, stick your head out, and yell, and say it:
Howard Beale: [screaming at the top of his lungs] "I'M AS MAD AS HELL, AND I'M NOT GOING TO TAKE THIS ANYMORE!"

from the movie network

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 02:50 PM
link   
I know this is not the same BBC program, but it is still very interesting...

Google Video Link

docid=8267444238390968103

The 23 Billion is money that belonged to the Iraqi people, used by American Administrators to hire American contractors to oversee the rebuilding of hospitals and schools for the Iraqi people. The above video shows what a terrible job they did.

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Grafilthy

The lead guy at Blackwater is married now to Betsy Devos, daughter to the private owners of another large American corporation (Amway / Quixtar) well versed in the art of swendling millions of dollars out of the pockets of unsuspecting Americans while buying support at the govn't level with one hand while the other is at work in religion to stir up further support for the racket.

The dogs who travel in these packs are so insestuous, it's like day time television drama!

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Skyshow.....how do you know what i'm thinking....?

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 12:31 AM
link   
What if I said I just captured the entire thing from BBC's site, would it be acceptable to post it on rapidshare and make the link available here? Or would I be better to upload it to google and just watch the time tick down till I would guess they would remove it?

GREAT video also, quite nice to see a BBC arm get something like this together. If this was on the TV here in the US I could see quite a few ruffled feathers..

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 01:58 AM
link   
Okay, I am uploading it to a few sites, Disclose.TV and Megaupload. We'll see what happens there as I am going to bed shortly.

Because I think it's important for everyone to see this video and I don't want people to be waiting for me or anything, here's how you can easily view the video.

Use firefox as your web browser and install an extension called foxyproxy. This will allow you to route your web traffic through a remote proxy and the traffic will apear to come from the proxie's IP instead of your own. So, get foxyproxy installed and happy and then right click on the red "foxyproxy: disabled" and choose options. Inside that window double click the default proxy, then click the "proxy details" up at the top of that window. Select the "Manual Proxy Configuration" and use this IP for your hostname: "83.231.136.9" and for the port enter "3128". (Enter both without the quotes). Click Ok and Ok to close those windows, now right click the same "foxyproxy: disabled" link, but this time choose "Use proxy default for all urls"

Now follow the earlier link given to the BBC iplayer link or just refresh the page sitting there with the "You're not in the UK, bugger off" page and you should see the player load up!

That all kind of runs together but I am assuming those instructions should get 90% of the people there if they'd like to see this video.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 04:42 AM
link   
reply to post by HaTaX

Great stuff.

Thanks very much

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 07:17 AM
link   
reply to post by HaTaX

Thank you. It took about 2 mins to load and setup and it's working just fine.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Money, what money, what are you talking about...??? WHO LEAKED THIS, IT'S NOT FUNNY IT WAS JUST A JOKE GUYS REALLY, The real story is how much money we spent there "Legitimately" I mean God this isn't going well....
Who am I??

link   
Money, what money, what are you talking about...??? WHO LEAKED THIS, IT'S NOT FUNNY IT WAS JUST A JOKE GUYS REALLY, The real story is how much money we spent there "Legitimately" I mean God this isn't going well....
Who am I??

link   
Money, what money, what are you talking about...??? WHO LEAKED THIS, IT'S NOT FUNNY IT WAS JUST A JOKE GUYS REALLY, The real story is how much money we spent there "Legitimately" I mean no what did I just say... God this isn't going well....

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Well, truthfully I don't want to upload the video to Google Video or to YouTube with an account thats tied to me. The instructions I posted should get anyone that wants to see this video, viewing it in the shortest time possible.

I did upload it to megaupload to share with friends, but I won't post the link here as I think it may be a violation of terms of service, and I don't want to do that.. If a mod gives me the nod, I'd be happy to post a link to the AVI with the video in it.

I hope people make the effort to see this video!

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 05:11 PM
link   
BBC....British Bribery and Corruption

Maybe at last....BBC got their money from Tony the Blair to expose something that was already supposed to be exposed, but had to wait for the right moment to crank the handle.

Will BBC tell us who's pulling the puppets strings at the Oil Auction market.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 06:58 AM
link   
I think reality is actually far worse than most can imagine. The Bush family has been profiting from corruption for generations. Opium, wars and oil and no doubt other equally atrocious behaviour at other people's expense. It's time for a good old spring clean of these mutants - put them all together on Easter Island and leave them there to rot in hell.
The BBC probably has an agenda for presenting this information, however you may question the accuracy after you read the following article entitled Bush Administration Corruption - TRILLIONS OF MISSING DOLLARS by Stephen Lendman at www.marketoracle.eu/Article5085.html
Things really suck don't they. There's a serious economic collapse coming - certainly by 2010 and we can thank corruption since the formation of the Federal Reserve in 1913.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 07:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Dubyakadubla

The banks might be trying to adjust their balance sheets after their drunken binge on mortgages a child could have seen would never be repaid. You have to question whether the puppet masters didn't actually want the world's economies to collapse so they could buy up goodies at rock bottom prices. Maybe they're aiming for a single world currency too.

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 06:02 PM
link   
For those who haven't seen this yet, here's the link.

Movie

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheLoony
For those who haven't seen this yet, here's the link.

Movie

Thank you very much for supplying this.

Much kudos

And thanks again - this is an excellent film, people should watch it.

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by budski

23 billion is more than the annual budget of many small countries.

And that isn't what's been spent in Iraq - that's just the amount that is unaccounted for.

No contractors charged, and a gagging order in place - does it sound like they have something to hide?

People need to wake up to the fact that bush is a crook, who gives money to his friends whilst in office so that he can call in favours when he leaves.

Edit to add, I'll try and find a link to the show after it airs tonight - it should also be on the BBC iplayer for those who can get it here

The documentary is by Panorama and airs tonight at 9:00 BST.

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 10/6/2008 by budski]

Anything but the BBC and I will believe it. The BBC has an agenda and that is widely known and also the same reason why the UK can not fund their military.

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Sky watcher

An interesting theory.

Would you care to expand, and perhaps provide a little evidence?

Then perhaps, we can discuss it

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join