It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BBC uncovers lost Iraq billions

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Man, if 20+ billion goes missing, I'd sure like to find it in my pockets.

I agree with the black water statement, of course it could be grievence money pay to the Husien's, Bush probably lost a good buddy. It could be that it's not really money, but more debt for us U.S. folks to work off, just for the Gov to hang over our heads and crash our economy.

-Jimmy

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyjackblack

That turns out not to be the case - an awful lot of this money was CASH, brought into the country on pallets.

The major culprits?
Halliburton (cheney STILL owns stock options)
KBR - then a halliburton subsidiary.
Northstar - with close ties to the bush family
And there are also quite a few others with one thing in common - they all have ties to the bush family....

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Interestingly, because of the rising cost of oil, they placed an estimate at 2.4 trillion for the Iraq oil.

I can't help but wonder - is the money worth it in the end?

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Anti-Tyrant

Perhaps we should ask the relatives of those who have died, and the troops who have come back maimed if they think their loss was worth the enrichment of those companies - all by taxpayers money.

Let's also not forget that the cost of the war is now measured in trillions - so they won't even break even.

[edit on 10/6/2008 by budski]

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by budski

I was speaking for the benefit of those looking to justify the war, actually.

The kind of thing that would come back to haunt them later.

Anyway, did you catch that part about the republican support that was mentioned at some point?

I know it was there but i can't remember the specifics.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Anti-Tyrant

There was several instances of people with ties to bush/cheney/republican party who have made fortunes over there.

The first was that custer guy and his partner, another was halliburton, and another was northstar.

What it seemed to amount to was that a few millions in contributions equals billions in war profits and raked off cash.

I was also pretty surprised that the BBC went as far as it did - but pleased as well.

I just wonder how much of that would have been shown if blair was still PM.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by budski

Good point, there was also a snippet of an NWO line of questioning towards the end which pricked up my ears a little - i was thinking at the time of that part about whether or not they would ask about 9/11.

Although, of course they all denied it.

Undoubtedly, if Tony was still about that thing would never have even been edited, nevermind shown.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 04:31 PM
link   
I watched the documentary. I'm absolutely staggered! I always knew the American administration were corrupt, but I didn't think it was to such an extent. The American Administration is rotten to the core

You all need to watch this film. It's an excellent documentary with hard facts. I'm surprised it even made it on to air. I suspect their was a lot of opposition from the vultures who have profited from the chaos and death.

Well done to BBC for telling the truth and airing this film.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by paul76

Even so, I suspect there was much more that could have been told.

I get the feeling that some parts were toned down a little.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Just a teaser till the whole episode is posted...

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 05:43 PM
link   
you know - first granada tv make a film about the rampant paedofiles in washington , and now the bbc make a film about the rampant fraud and corruption - the first was banned , the second will be (from being shown in the usa)

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 07:17 PM
link   
I sure hope someone posts this on youtube. I definitely want to see it.

If you haven't seen it yet, I also recommend watching the movie "Iraq for Sale" which is available here at ATS.

Nothing shocks me anymore about the war profiteering going on. It is just a shame that nothing has been done about it. After Bush leaves office, I imagine we will see an amazing amount of similar fraud being made public.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 08:56 PM
link   
This is simply amazing. I can't believe our government. I think every single dollar should be tracked when it comes to stuff like this. And profit should be eliminated when it comes to a national thing err whatever. I think we waste more money because we outsource work to private companies, when we could have them ran by the government. Things like bullet proof vests and other essential things for military use made by the government not private companies.

All these damn corrupted admin should be put in jail and a serious world-wide example should be made out of them. Not only the government officials but also the companies who are getting the money from them and aren't doing their jobs.

We are so fricken greedy and its sooo pathetic.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Here's my short list on Iraq War profiteers and the damage they have done.

www.amnestyusa.org...
www.publicintegrity.org...
democrats.senate.gov...
www.alternet.org...
www.businessweek.com...
www.sourcewatch.org...
www.atimes.com...
www.democracyrising.us...
www.chicagotribune.com...

There you go. This isn't something new. This is my SHORT list. That's the scary part. The amount of articles and evidence I have compiled extends to the thousands.

Or you could always google search in the news section.

This is the Bush legacy. He's a criminal, this war is criminal. And what pisses me off the most is that Americans have grown accustomed to High Treason being part of business as usual. This has got to stop. This is not the America I love.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by earthman4
This will go down as the greatest con job in history. Children in history class will ask "How could they have let this happen?".

How quickly we forget history.

I believe the Savings and Loan Scandal still holds the record for the biggest financial ripoff in the history of the world. I believe the American public was on the hook for a gigantic sum of 1.4 Trillion dollars.

Yes I said it, $1.4 Trillion. Ill let you guess (or better yet, read) who happen to be at the head of this Scandal, and who did and did not get punished as well.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Well I just took a look at all the Stocks for Major Defense contractors, including: Lockheed, Boeing, EG&G, DRS, KBR and Raytheon.

What did I learn from looking at 10 yr performance of these stocks?

If we have a conflict/war again, I am investing all of my money there

Yep, all of our money is sitting in the Defense Corporations.

When I got out of the Navy, I was not going to stay in when I could get out and make double if not triple...in certain locations. So thats what I did...I worked for a Major Defense contractor and doubled my salary. This is what many service men and women do now and it has become a common thing.

It feeds the giant defense industrialists....

-Kdial1

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 02:28 AM
link   
it'd be a dream come true to meet and work with modern day Washingtons, Franklins, Adams, etc who could take our country back and return it to the path we were on that could truly enlighten this world and its inhabitants

if only those in the military would stand up to the oppressors and not follow thru with the corrupt commands being ordered we'd be in a great position in the universe

the only way i can imagine this even being possible is like someone stated earlier it must have been in cash, if not i dont see it possible to cover up 20+ billion

the fact theres any gag orders and not worldwide 24/7 coverage about this until we get the answers we deserve is an attrocity

with the money we're dealing with its basically another 9/11 if not worse

yea lots of lives were losts and this is just money

but how many lives were taken with this money how much of our future is in jeapordy now from whoever that money went to

unfortunately the only way we can be saved is if countries outside of the U.S. use their media to presure our country, unfortunatly i dont see that ever happening as its our country our money and more then likely their media is our media due to the corrupt i mean corporate ownerships.

the sad fact is not only does this 20+ billion such a big deal to us in the USA it should be equally as unnerving to the rest of the world, what corrupt parties received this money and what are the plans, something needs to be done, but what and how? if i knew itd be done

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 02:48 AM
link   
I am not sure why everyone is so outraged at 23 billion. Did we already forget about the trillion dollars that the pentagon couldn't account for earlier?

www.sfgate.com.../c/a/2003/05/18/MN251738.DTL

23 billion is a drop in the barrel of corruption. If we can so quickly forget about a trillion dollars, why in the world would we expect anything to be done about a few billion?

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 06:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Karlhungis

It may be a drop in the ocean, but that doesn't mean it should be overlooked.

One of the major problems IMO is that people in the US, seem inured to corruption, almost as if they expect it.

There's a couple of meetings, maybe a hearing, and the news gets quietly buried.

This is what happens when corporations are in charge of government policy.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 06:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Karlhungis

Thanks for the reminder... you beat me to it.

concerning this $23Bn, i'm sure a lot of it is greasing the pockets of the Iraqi legislators...
the 'democracy' the war-machine is setting up in Iraq...has to be modeled after the type of payola distribution that the USA has domestically... where there are 10s of thousands of registered 'Lobbyists' passing around bucks ...

the Iraqis are learning the ropes of the dark & secret inner workings of 'De-mock-racey'...

its not only cash to the fledgling officials, its also black funding for drug and blackmarket activities that some covert contractors are involved with,
(with or without the oversight of either the military or the numberous NGOs/contractors/CIA ops, etc.
There's a whole series of subcultures being created and networked there in Iraq, the new base-of-operations for the dismemberment of the present middle east national borders.
And all these 'systems' take a lot of money to get started up...
all it would take is for one half-billion dollar org. to become established and successful, so that either Uncle Sam or the Int'l Bankers can direct events they want to happen.

There's also (i'd venture to guess) a sizeable chunk of change going to Saudi Princes &/or Emirs throughout the Gulf States .
perhaps even the Mahdi Army is on the payroll

[edit on 11-6-2008 by St Udio]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join