It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Debunking U.F.O. video and pictures

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Some of us don't need to investigate! Its when you look at a video, pic... whatever and you laugh! Thats when you know for sure that its fake!

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 08:00 PM
link   
This is the apex of the situation.

When do you come to a point where you stop asking the question do these things exist?

When to you come to know that these things exist beyond any reasonable doubt?

The evidence is out there, we see it everyday. The thing is it takes time to accept these things because most people build a worldview or belief system that excludes these things.

I thought these things only existed in a Will Smith movie. When I became aware of these things, I had to wrestle and reason with myself because these things were so contrary to the worldview that I constructed.

There's more than enough evidence to come to a reasonable conclusion on these matters.

There's no need to leave these things open and unknown.

Let's look at a small portion of the evidence.

Direct Evidence - eyewitness accounts from Presidents, pilots, police officers and more.

You have over 700 "unknown" cases from Project Blue Book alone.

Witnesses: USAF Maj. W.J. Davis, Capt. R.D. Sauers, flying a C-47 transport plane. One dark blue oblong object paced the C-47, veered away, then crossed in front of it. Five minute sighting.

Witnesses: two local policemen, four U.S. Marine Corps police, one highway patrolman. One red-orange ball giving off sparks, and a smaller light, made a zigzag descent and then hovered. Total of 20 minutes.

Ronald Reagan

Ronald Reagan didn't know it, but he was about to see a UFO. It was 1974, and he was governor of California . He was being flown in a small plane, a Cessna, to a party and just over Bakersfield he and his pilot, Bill Poynter, spotted a UFO. The UFO started out as a glowing white light several hundred yards from the plane, changed shape and became elongated, then began departing. It moved slowly at first; then in a second or so it gained incredible speed and disappeared.

US Air Force Lieutenant / Professor Robert Jacobs
"So this thing [UFO] fires a beam of light at the warhead, hits it and then it moves to the other side and fires another beam of light. And the warhead tumbles out of space. What message would I interpret from that? [The UFOs were telling us] don't mess with nuclear warheads. Major Mannsman said, "You are never to speak of this again." After an article [about the incident years later], people would call and start screaming at me. One night somebody blew up my mailbox."

I can go on and on in this area.

Trace Evidence

The following presents a statistical analysis of data found in 3,189 reports involving observations of anomalous phenomena or objects on or near the ground resulting in physical effects generated by the unknown objects observed. These events took place in 91 countries between 1490 and 2006. There are hundreds of additional reports of possible trace sites which do not involve the observation of a UFO. All but the most significant of these events have been removed from the primary files and located in a secondary catalog.The analysis permits certain regularities of these phenomena to be brought out. The data indicates there is a certain type of phenomenon which shows stable statistical properties.

ufophysical.com...

Abduction Cases and Sightings

Travis Walton

www.travis-walton.com...

62 kids in Zimbabwe

www.youtube.com...://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread274031/pg1

Some more cases for you to look at:

www.ufocasebook.com...

Circumstantial Evidence

Cave paintings, ancient ,manuscripts, pictures and video

www.crystalinks.com...
www.bibleufo.com...

Clouds in the Bible
www.bibleufo.com...

Ezekiel's wheel, chariots of fire, Vimanas and more.

ufoartwork.com

I can go on and on.

Science is talking about parallel universes and life forming on planets outside of earth and in different conditions like on Mars.

news.nationalgeographic.com...

The point is, there is no other explanation outside of exterrestrial or extradimensional beings.

When you look at the totality of the evidence.

Of course, it's not that easy because adults build worldviews and belief systems that do not include these things and sometimes it takes time to accept these things.

The only way you can avoid these things is to leave them unknown and open.

We always come to reasonable conclusions on things because many times the technology is not there to test these things.

We are still testing things like frame dragging and gravity waves within General Relativity.

So this notion that we first have to have "absolute proof" before we can reach a reasonable conclusion on things doesn't make sense.

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 08:55 PM
link   
I agree this trend is disturbing. It's to the point where if I took footage of a UFO I wouldn't even bother posting it. The moment someone posts a clip, they're just asking to be crucified. Sometimes we even have people looking up IPs and posting private information about the originators of a story. It's crazy.

Absolutely any UFO clip that is shown can be "proven" to be cgi. If it doesn't fit into our view of reality we'll find something about it to convince ourselves that it doesn't really exist.

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kruel
I agree this trend is disturbing. It's to the point where if I took footage of a UFO I wouldn't even bother posting it. The moment someone posts a clip, they're just asking to be crucified. Sometimes we even have people looking up IPs and posting private information about the originators of a story. It's crazy.

Absolutely any UFO clip that is shown can be "proven" to be cgi. If it doesn't fit into our view of reality we'll find something about it to convince ourselves that it doesn't really exist.

Exactly,

I remember debating atheist in a chat room a few years back.

An atheist came into the room and was shocked because he just saw a ghost.

By the time he left the other atheist talked him out of what he saw.

He concluded he was tired and that he was probably confused.

He left the chatroom happy that he didn't see a ghost.

We usually build a worldview and belief system and when we see things or hear about things that go against what we already believe then we find away to make our experience conform with our belief system or worldview that we hold.

It's the same thing with things within Ufology.

Many people come in with a view that these things can't or don't exist.

A person will post a video of a U.F.O.

People will come in an say it looks good.

A "debunker" will search youtube for something that might look similar like lanterns.

Next all the pseudoskeptics come in and say with ABSOLUTE CERTAINTY that it's lanterns.

In todays day and age you can say something looks similar to this and when you can't it's just left open and unknown.

Is there a statute of limitations on how long these things remain open?

Is it forever? Does this mean that we can never come to a reasonable conclusion about it?

Who shot the video?

What were the conditions?

What characteristics are inconsistent with a lantern if there are any?

Were lanterns released in the are at the time?

This is why I say it's a shell game and you have to use reason and logic and weigh the totality of the evidence.

You can try to debunk or leave open every picture and video and your pre-existing belief system will remain intact.

You also hear,"It looks to good to be true."

If it looks to good to be true, then how will you ever know it's true?

Again, you will never get to the truth, you will just remain in the grey area of possibility and the comfort of your pre-existing belief system and worldview.

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 10:26 PM
link   
I was going to stay out of this one, but i fell I need to speak up from a "debunking" point of view.

I have personally witnessed several sightings which I would have to classify as complete unknowns.

I have (personally) witnessed a craft no more than 20 feet from me...( I stopped my car under it!) ...gliding slowly and silently right over the tree tops. If I had to describe it....the closest thing I have seen to it is the drawing from Kenneth Arnold. I would like to add here, albeit one of the most awesome things (besides the birth of my children) I have EVER witnessed ...I cannot say to you... "It was an alien space craft" as I did not see any of the occupants..it could have been ours, but the with the high technology I noted a very strange phenom, everything...the trees the craft itself...my car..everything was ultra vivid. I'm not really sure how to explain it...mabey its coded in our DNA...but I just KNEW...there was something different about this vehicle or manifestation that i was witnessing something I can't put my finger on....

It looked like a chrome crescent moon or boomerang and was gliding SLOWLY right over top of us. Now...this sighting was no mere point of light flashing in the sky...this was no orb flitting in and out of clouds...this was right in my face....

With that being said....looking at it from my stand point...having actually seen things in that small field of 10% I have a pretty good idea what to look for therefore I can "debunk" certain material that falls into that 90 percentile category (of misidentification), or just plain offer my observations.

I do NOT claim to be an "expert" of UFO data interpretation. But when I see things that i can identify....or if the data is grossly inconclusive its time to move on. I try to relate what I know or have seen to others in hopes that someone is able to see or draw a common denominator.

I totally agree with the OP and others have made some very good points....
I even authored a thread simular to this back when I was new and had to learn the hard way to separate the wheat from the chaff (Big thanks to Jeff Ritzmann and ATS for those lessons)

As an act of servitude I humbly submit this thread "DEBUNKING 101" for you and others in hopes we can better establish a "debunking criteria" and hold each other accountable for it.

Star for you my friend!

[edit on 6/18/2008 by 1nL1ghtened]

[edit on 6/18/2008 by 1nL1ghtened]

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Well, I have to say, there is alot of evidence of some things flying, falling or floating in the air. I have seen the evidence for this type of "things" and alot of them are absolutely unknown as far as I personally can tell.
But, even though I believe in the possibility of life on some other heavenly body, I have seen no evidence for that. I have to assume that their not visiting us because I have seen 0 evidence since I was interested in this topic starting about 1969.
I wish we finaly did have absolute evidence that life exists "out there" and further more, that they are and have been visiting us. I mean, how cool would that be?
The problem for me is, I have seen nothing, nothing at all proving we are not alone. I've seen countless pics, videos of "things" but not one that I was sure was a Inteligently controlled craft.
How could I possibly tell that from a pic/vid? I am not the brightest bulb in the box but niether am I the dimmest. I require absolute proof myself but, that is just me. I realize that Presidents, Generals, police and other credible folks have seen "something" but, that is the point - something.
Not anyone of them have said they saw life forms from anywhere besides earth flying the "unidentifieds" they claim witness too. And if they did and I am wrong, they certainly haven't proved it to me. I don't care what thier credentials are lol!
Thanks,
Vance

top topics

<< 1   >>

join