It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

20+ Witnesses In Ohio: Floating Orb Videotaped June 1st, '08

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 06:37 AM
link   
Darn! The OP hasn't showed up yet? Where'd he go??

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by wang_ke_~
Darn! The OP hasn't showed up yet? Where'd he go??

I'm here. I responded last night but it didn't go through and I was too tired to type it all over again. I'm at work but I will try to respond later today. Keep in mind I'm just the messenger; I have nothing to do with the people who saw the "orb." Later

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Thanks for stopping by again!
Just wondering but where did you find this story and that video?

PS... Whoops! Just noticed your Anonymous entry on page 1. Am reading it over now.

PS -- Ok, just read your post over and thanks for the additional information!

So the name of the person who witnessed that sighting is John Schaser? Just double checking this with you now so we can contact John to come here and tell us more about the sighting.

Also would like to know why Fox 8 News is suppressing information about this sighting. Could you talk to your friend to find out why that is?

BTW, welcome to ATS!

PS-- I'll contact John. Just viewed his My Space page and it would seem that he's the one who took those photo's of that "UFO" off that fishing pier.

[edit on 11-6-2008 by wang_ke_~]

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Heh. Didn't realize I had to sign-in to have my comment register my screen name so yeah, it went "anonymous." Here is what I posted for anyone who missed it:

-----

Whew, I guess I beat the clock! haha

Thank you for the welcome. I really do enjoy the site, even when some of the stories/conspiracies make me crazy. heh

I do not have a link to the story - I did searches myself to see if something would come up on the newsstation website. Nothing.

Here's the deal. The reason I heard of this to begin with is my neighbor across the street works for Fox News in Cleveland. He's very in-the-know re: what goes on at the news desk. We have a mutual interest in UFOs, moreso during the past several months.

Anyway, he texted me over the weekend asking if I watched the local Fox news bit re: the recent UFO seen in Avon Lake. I was thinking "Wha--?!" I texted back saying no. He told me to YouTube it. So I did. Personally, I think it looks a lot like a balloon but I figured I would sign up for ATS (finally) and contribute something since I did not see anything posted about it.

BTW, I have no personal connection to the "event." I'm in the dark about it as much as you are.

A little about me: I am a believer in UFOs and that they have likely visited us from someplace else (I saw one myself), but I am also skeptical about certain things like "Grays are walking among us." I am also a big fan of Stanton Friedman.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 10:00 AM
link   
I posted a comment on John Schaser's You Tube page with his UFO video on it. I think he opted to view all comments before he allows any post to show up on that page but hopefully he will read it in his You Tube inbox because the message was for him to check out this forum where I gave him the link to this thread.

I tried sending a personal message to him via his You Tube private message thing but he's got that blocked where only friends are allowed to send him messages that way.

I would have also sent him a message via his My Space page but I would have to sign up for My Space to do that. If anyone already has a My Space account, maybe someone can notify him of this thread that way too.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 10:09 AM
link   
I'm curious to find out from John S. what the consensus was among those who witnessed that object up there over that pier in Avon Lake.

I would like to know if they thought it was a balloon or were they truly flummoxed as to what exactly it was.

I hardly think that John and 20 others who were on that pier would all have their eye's fixed on a mere balloon flying overhead so it seems that there's more to it -- and this is what I'd like to find out!

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Hi all,

I got a reply from Fox News, here in Ohio to my e-mail that I posted....here it is in it's entirety:

UFO Video
Wednesday, June 11, 2008 4:30 PM
"Seay, Roger"
Add sender to Contacts
To:
"[email protected]"

Cherie:

Rick forwarded you the email about the UFO video.

After searching several UFO databases and scripts from various television stations I have come across several stories that meet part of what you heard.

We aired a story about a UFO sighting this morning. Experts say that the lights seen in California this week are solar panels from satellites. (there was video with this story)

· Late last month an airplane headed toward Cleveland from Houston saw something fly past a window. It was determined a model rocket was fired near the plane.

· In April a meteorite light up the skies in Northern Indiana and Ohio and some folks thought it was a UFO.

Hope this helps.

Roger Seay

Executive Producer New Media

Managing Editor FOX19 Ten O'Clock News

WXIX FOX19

513-562-3701 assignment desk

513-562-3738 office

513-325-5372 cell

[email protected]

www.fox19.com

I think it's been a hoax myself, I don't think these local media guys, as I have known them to be in the past, would lie...that's just my two cents and I did all I could to find out if there had indeed been a sighting in Cleveland....the OP never showed back up....case closed I guess, more's the pity?

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 05:21 AM
link   
Thanks for posting that message LateApexer313!

The most current details surrounding this case certainly do point in the direction of it being a fabrication!

And when you think about it, it's kinda creepy that someone would go through all the trouble to come up with a story like this and even take time to create a video to back it up! I mean, what's the point??

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 05:44 AM
link   
reply to post by LateApexer313

Now, the way I understand it, this thread was started by rotgut x. He did come back and post twice. Once as himself and once as anonymous.

Then there's the bit about the tv station covering it up. The OP isn't the only one that stated there was a tv report about it. jpm1602 stated he had heard the commercial advertising a "Video footage at 10!" type of thing.

So, since we wondered if there was a cover up, then we asked the people who would have done the cover up if they did in fact cover it up and since they said "nothing to see here" we're going to believe them?

What am I missing? There's footage of a UFO and two people claiming a cover up. This shouldn't just be dropped.

[edit on 12-6-2008 by yourrolemodel]

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 05:58 AM
link   
Well, Jpm said he saw a teaser about a UFO seen in Avon Lake last week. So this indicates that there most likely WAS a news story on it.

In addition to this, the UFO seen in the video is rather unimpressive. One would think a hoaxer would at least come up with a UFO that's more impressive than what's showing in that video . So should we be looking at that?

The issue now, as far as I can see, has to do with why Fox 8 News has, as someone here already pointed out, "deep-sixed" this story.

Just not sure where to take it from here though... Can someone try to contact John Schaser through his My Space contact link?

[edit on 12-6-2008 by wang_ke_~]

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 06:31 AM
link   
On the other hand, Fox 8 News is known to sometimes broadcast teasers like this having to do with UFO's or any other kind of "weird happening" event where the story never shows up in the main broadcast even though they will also include that same teaser in the "breaking news" opening of their show. I've seen this happen a few times before so I'm not ruling out that it may have happened with this story too.

So is it surprising that when someone calls them and asks. "Hey, what happened to that story about a UFO seen in Avon Lake?" -- that they would act dumb about it?? -- that they would "gaslight" about it?

Ok, let's do a recap on this one -- so because Fox 8 News only broadcasted a teaser on it and not a full story, I would think their policy is to negate that that teaser and, for that matter, the story itself ever existed in the first place should anyone ever inquire about it. So is that what's going on here now?

So it's my guess that they made the whole thing up (the teaser) just to draw in viewers... duh.

And maybe John Schaser is just one of the many annoyed Fox 8 viewers out there who upon seeing that Fox 8 never followed through with that "UFO in Avon Lake!!" teaser, went ahead and made his own "Avon Lake UFO!" story up ... video included, and posted it on You Tube just to get back at Fox 8 News for doing what they did??

Just brainstorming here on possible scenario's... at this point, anything is possible.

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 07:41 AM
link   
I think the scenario in my previous post here is a very plausible one -- a little crazy but plausible nonetheless.

This would also explain why the OP disappeared and why John Schaser will not allow anyone to post comments on his You Tube page without first viewing those comments before they are posted on there... which explains why my comment posted yesterday on that page has yet to show up. This also explains why he only allows "friends" to contact him via u2u at You Tube also.

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 07:56 AM
link   
sorry, doesn't pass the smell test...no context, pixelization moving with object, no detail, could be balloon...

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Glad you stopped by jimmy!
Excellent observations!

PS... Balloon? Naw... I think it's some other mundane thing like even a water drop on sky backdrop of some sort. But the pixel configuration as well as the "UFO" itself remains unchanged because all one is doing it moving that same image at a diagonal in that vid... one position and frame at a time. And doing a "replay" of those same frames over again a couple to times...

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 11:32 AM
link   
I "disappeared" because when I'm at work I can't spend a lot of time on this website. No conspiracy, simple as that.

Secondly, remember this was a Fox News 8 CLEVELAND story.

I just texted my Fox News friend. He is saying the the story aired last Saturday at 6pm.

I just asked him why it is not on the www.myfoxcleveland.com... site.

Now he is saying, "we rotate stories on our website every day so there's a good chance they took it off."

Now (get THIS) he says, "I know we aired it because I am the one who set up the interview with the guy"

He's an upstanding guy, very professional. I'll talk to him more about it later when I get home. I'll ask him if the story actually aired or, maybe, like you said, it was pulled.

Please keep in mind I am just the messenger/OP on this - I have no affiliation with the guy who saw the actual UFO.

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 04:30 PM
link   
I just emailed fox8 personally in regards to this. Told them I heard the leadup to it and asked if this story did indeed run.
I should have reply by tonight or tomorrow.
Will keep you posted.

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by jpm1602
I just emailed fox8 personally in regards to this. Told them I heard the leadup to it and asked if this story did indeed run.
I should have reply by tonight or tomorrow.
Will keep you posted.

thanks.

(sorry for the one liner)

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 05:17 PM
link   
I thought I'd go to the horses mouth as opposed to waiting for an email reply.
Fox 8 (216) 432-4240 newsroom general line. After a few minutes wait they patched me to 'Brian' who indeed said the story was run on Saturday on both the 6pm and 10pm news.

He corroborated 20 people seeing this thing over avon lake fishing pier. He said go to utube and type in 'ufo avon lake'.

There is no denial on their part. So a conspiracy of coverup is moot.

Hope this helps.
John

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Thanks for calling them Jpm!

Ok... just copy/pasted what Brian told you to enter into You Tube and below is the video. It's not from Fox News 8 and it's the same one that's in the OP's post -- John Schaser's video but whatever the case may be, it's good to know that it's not a hoax!

[edit on 13-6-2008 by wang_ke_~]

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 02:16 AM
link   
I'd honestly go with a mylar balloon except for the noticable black spot in the middle that 'appears' to undulate.
Remember Nasa's tether incident with 10's of (ice crystals) doing the weird middle black spot thing?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join