It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

20+ Witnesses In Ohio: Floating Orb Videotaped June 1st, '08

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 11:30 AM
link   
DESCRIPTION:

"As Featured on Fox 8 News Cleveland 6-7-08. Is it a weather balloon? I witnessed a bright silver shiny object move across the sky on June 1, 2008 5:57 pm - 6:02 pm while I was fishing on the Avon Lake Pier. About 20 other people on the pier witnessed it and we all joked about it being a UFO. I shot 59 photographs of it and watched it float silently from NW to SE. After about 5 minutes it slowly faded away and could no longer be seen as it moved farther away. I'd estimate it was at least 2-3 miles away (depending on size) and at least 2,000 feet in altitude. Again depending on size it may have been 200,000 feet in altitude. I shot 1 photograph with the Avon Lake Power Plant smoke stack in it to give it some scale, but the object was so small it didnt show up when I tried to put it in the video."

Here's the YouTube link:
www.youtube.com...

Here is the WebShots link:
rides.webshots.com...

Love the site. Longtime lurker, new member as of today. What do you guys make of this?

[edit on 10-6-2008 by Rotgut-X]

Mod Edit: All Caps – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 10/6/2008 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Do you have a link to the news broadcast for that? I can't find it. thanks

[edit on 10-6-2008 by wang_ke_~]

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 06:44 PM
link   
This is weird, I called the station and the person I talked to said there was never such a story broadcasted on that show on that date or before or after!

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Rotgut-X

Welcome to ATS. Thanks for posting.

Good stuff. Even better if it turns out the TV-Station is now covering something up.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by wang_ke_~

hrmmm... What say we give the "new" member 24 hours to get a link to the story on the news channel up or we trash the thread.

As of right now, this appears to be nothing more than attention seeking on the mighty ATS.

Rotgut-x:
If you have a real news channel link or even youtube video that connects your post to the news channel we are all about helping you get the word out. If you don't, well...

Clock starts ticking now... 8:00PM EDT.

Springer...

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Wang ke. I heard a blip about it around 9pm last week it would be on at 11. I fell asleep. I checked every news channels websites because I couldn't remember which one it was. Nothing online. Nothing ever more heard, which always makes me suspicious. Welcome Rotgut.
Honest Mark, I heard it, but it 'disappeared'...Rotgut you need to post pic using photobucket or the like. Never mind, I see you did. But the vid is not linking right.

[edit on 6/10/2008 by jpm1602]

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS Rotgut....

I am in Ohio, but in Cincinnati...thanks for posting this thread...I am going to check out our local news sites and perhaps call them and see if they had this on our local news as well, I usually only keep up with the shootings

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Ok I searched all 3 major local news sites:

Using Cleveland UFO, and just UFO.
Results from searching with just ufo on www.wcpo.com

National UFO Conference Coming To Mason - Cincinnati breaking news ...
National UFO Conference Coming To Mason" >. ... Print this Story. National UFO
Conference Coming To Mason. Last Update: 3/24/2005 1:00 am. ...

EMTS Email Newsletter - 3/22/07 - Cincinnati breaking news ...

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Results from searching cleveland ufo:

No results for cleveland ufo . (0.013941 seconds)

Results for www.wkrc.com

No results for cleveland ufo. (0.054483 seconds)

Results for ufo search on www.wkrc.com

Results 1 - 1 of about 1 (1) for ufo. (0.061071 seconds)

Reports for Ohio ( I checked this one, was a Big Foot sighting not a UFO LOL)

Results for www.wlwt.com using cleveland ufo

47217 Results For: "ufo cleveland"
Sort by:
Relevance
|
Date
UFOs Over San Jose?
UFOs Over San Jose?. Residents of San Jose, Calif., report seeing fast-moving objects overhead. Military officials explain it as satellites reflecting the sun off their solar panels....
Video: www.wlwt.com...
94%
Jun 10, 2008
There's Something Odd In Colorado Skies
There's Something Odd In Colorado Skies. Many UFO investigations happen each month in Colorado. Now national experts are looking into those claims....
Video: www.wlwt.com...
93%
May 30, 2008
The New Reality
are going to get some serious face time. Me? I'm buying a new pair of walking shoes and trying to lose enough weight to get back on my 10-speed. Got a question? Comment? UFO hovering over your petunias?...
Article: www.wlwt.com...
92%
May 12, 2008
Fire In The Skies
your film of the alien invasion. Let me state up front that I'm a UFO believer. I believe that there is life out there, and I believe that at least once or twice some representatives of that life have...
Article: www.wlwt.com...

So I guess it wasn't on here, especially since the last channel here had even the footage of the San Jose UFO.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 07:27 PM
link   
I don't know, this is unusual... but maybe not. Whatever the case may be, it's apparent that the news has suppressed this story and I find that very intriguing!

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 07:29 PM
link   
I too searched 'myfoxcleveland.com's' search box and came up empty. Which is rather bizarre considering they had san jose's on the drop down. The you tube video link is glitching on me with lots of script errors.

You may want to give him 24 on this to get a good vid posted. From what I saw it looks interesting. Hard to say though because limited data. The fact myfox deep sixed it and deny it is compelling.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Very strange and unsettling too...

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Either they deep sixed it, or this thread is a hoax to begin with.

Just to comment on the UFO in the video...it was moving slow, like a balloon in my opinion, didn't appear to be intelligently controlled, more like rising with the air currents, what did everyone else think? The colors were interesting, however I found the movement of it unconvincing.

JPM? What did you hear when you heard something about a UFO on your news?

[edit on 10-6-2008 by LateApexer313]

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Not strange if this is a total HOAX.

The object was not very impressive to begin with.

If a UFO moves around fast. makes drastic course changes.

performs manuevers normal craft can't do.. it deserves the description of UFO

I am hard pressed to see that as anything but a balloon floating on the wind.

And we all know I am not a hard core debunker.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 07:45 PM
link   
LA. From memory it was a news teaser like they always do ' a ufo over avon lake?' Was just a blip. I agree it looks non sensational, but why deny the story?

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by LateApexer313
Just to comment on the UFO in the video...it was moving slow, like a balloon in my opinion, didn't appear to be intelligently controlled, more like rising with the air currents, what did everyone else think? The colors were interesting, however I found the movement of it unconvincing.

The video title says "still photos." I think these are just the photos from his webshots that were put in a slideshow.

I agree btw, it looks like a balloon, but if it was covered up by the news station it's worth looking into I'd say.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticPerhaps

Ahhh well the footage I viewed was indeed titled Still Photos, but they were threaded together into a moving video, and with the 2nd link, the actual stills? So I was just commenting on the movement is all, and yes JPM if they are squashing the fact that they DID a news story on it, and now no one can find it, that is highly suspicious.

I am glad you at least heard a "teaser" because I would hate to think that once again this story had no basis in fact
I know one of the Fox local newscasters here in Cincinnati, for what that is worth, and I am going to e-mail him and ask a favor, and see if he can at least confirm that there was a story done and perhaps see if he can get to the bottom of if there was a cover-up or not...even if it's "off the record."

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Awesome LA. Nice to have connections on ATS.

About 3 or 4 years ago this very same kind of scenario played out. They do their 15 sec blurb on what's coming up at 11, and they never followed up on it.
Got a phone call?

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by jpm1602

Well, for what it's worth! I don't know the guy well, but, he does owe me a favor, so we shall see

"Cherie"
Add sender to Contacts
To:
*SNIP*
Hiya Rick,

Cherie here, just wondering if you all had heard about the "UFO" footage that was shown on your Fox news affiliate in Cleveland, that supposedly aired on 6-7-08?

I did a search on your site, and the 3 major local networks, and came to the conclusion that it wasn't reported on here in Cincinnati which is hardly surprising. There was supposedly videotape of the "UFO" as well.

Anyway, the person that told me about this, told me that the Fox affiliate in Cleveland was now denying that this footage or story was ever run...Any way you can take a few minutes out of your time and help me out with this? I'd be extremely appreciative if you could spare a few minutes on this, thanks and let me know what you find out and as always, I appreciate your time and effort!

Cherie

Edited to add, of course I deleted my last name and phone number I added to the bottom of this e-mail, I will let you all know if Rick gets back with me and what news.

[edit on 10-6-2008 by NGC2736]

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by LateApexer313

If you have any plans to ask your friend any favors in the future, you may want to edit his email address from your post...he might be kind of pissed if he finds out you've posted it to a message board.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by wang_ke_~

Whew, I guess I beat the clock! haha

Thank you for the welcome. I really do enjoy the site, even when some of the stories/conspiracies make me crazy. heh

I do not have a link to the story - I did searches myself to see if something would come up on the newsstation website. Nothing.

Here's the deal. The reason I heard of this to begin with is my neighbor across the street works for Fox News in Cleveland. He's very in-the-know re: what goes on at the news desk. We have a mutual interest in UFOs, moreso during the past several months.

Anyway, he texted me over the weekend asking if I watched the local Fox news bit re: the recent UFO seen in Avon Lake. I was thinking "Wha--?!" I texted back saying no. He told me to YouTube it. So I did. Personally, I think it looks a lot like a balloon but I figured I would sign up for ATS (finally) and contribute something since I did not see anything posted about it.

BTW, I have no personal connection to the "event." I'm in the dark about it as much as you are.

A little about me: I am a believer in UFOs and that they have likely visited us from someplace else (I saw one myself), but I am also skeptical about certain things like "Grays are walking among us." I am also a big fan of Stanton Friedman.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join