It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are the steps to run for congress?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 10:43 AM
link   
You know we all sit here and talk about change and how we would do it and I think I want to go one step further and find out how one goes about the process of running for congress. It will not be this election it will be in 2010 is when Im shooting for. Im either looking into running in Iowa or Florida depending on where my full time residence is at the time. Here are my questions. First where do you go to get on the ballot? How much does it cost to get on the ballot? Once you are on the ballot you get some friends together and start a campaign and that is it? Any suggestions or anything that I can get would be greatly appreciated for this is something I am seriously considering.

Thanks

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 10:27 PM
link   
I would like to know this process also. I think we should be more pro-active about change instead of hiding behind our keyboards. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 11:17 PM
link   
I believe you need to join a party first. If you are Libertarian You can fill out an application here. I myself have been giving some serious thought into running for a congressional seat for my state. Well, it was more of a passing thought until friends and family said I should.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 08:46 AM
link   
I think I want to put this thread into a more active forum so I can get more responses. Ive been thinking about this for awhile and I would run is a libertarian or a Ron Paul republican one or the other.

new topics

top topics

join