It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There Will Be Riots!!

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 10:46 AM
link   
I would just like to point out a certain part of the T&C(that everyone agreed to when registering) which seems relevent at this time:

2) Behavior: You will not behave in an abusive, hateful and/or racist manner, and will not harass, threaten, nor attack anyone.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Originally posted by Tricky63

Its so hard for folks like you to understand how can people that has been treated so bad not rise up one day and try to kill us?

what? just because they've been treated bad, doesn't mean they can't live in peace. puhhhhhh-lease.

"We" dont want to kill you.
well, maybe youu don't..

Are there still some hatred and hard feelings?Yep.
holyyyy hell. the black community will never let it go. will they?

So calm down your women wont be raped "we" wont burn down our own homes.You are safe from "us".

uh-oh. is that a guarantee?

anyway, if there's not rioting there will surely be a media circus inciting one to happen.

just my 2cents of course.

[edit on 11/6/2008 by agent violet]

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by agent violet

There is so much wrong with what you have posted.

First of all, get over what? You act like the black community (especially in cities) does not still fall prey to blatant racism; better yet: institutionalized racism.

I am sick of the "get over it" mentality. Learn about the world you live in before you go off adding to the hostility.

Edit: This thread is about possible riots, started by blacks. A disgustingly large number of posts seem to follow the 'well, they start them all the time".

I suggest that you first find some way to reconcile with the list posted a page back before discussion like that continues any further.

The fact that we associate blacks with riots and violance, and are apparently blind to the fact that statistically, whites are far more likely to riot, is one thing. To sit around and perpetuate that lie is another.

[edit on 6/11/0808 by spines]

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 11:24 AM
link   

I wish it were just "one" please! The previously before-mentioned riots are all the mid-western colleges were composed of 100's if not 1000's of white males! Who has the tendecy towards violence now? This young white male (assumption but a good one looking at the posts and thier topics) is just one example!

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by eric52081

OP, I'm going to give you brief example (with facts) that prove the only thing predictable is your racial intolerance and ignorance.

1. Once the Katrina rapes, and alleged rampant crimes were investigated, it turned out to be not true

* Gary Younge in Baton Rouge
* The Guardian,
* Tuesday September 6 2005
* Article history

There were two babies who had their throats slit. The seven-year-old girl who was raped and murdered in the Superdome. And the corpses laid out amid the excrement in the convention centre.

In a week filled with dreadful scenes of desperation and anger from New Orleans following Hurricane Katrina some stories stood out.

But as time goes on many remain unsubstantiated and may yet prove to be apocryphal.

New Orleans police have been unable to confirm the tale of the raped child, or indeed any of the reports of rapes, in the Superdome and convention centre.

New Orleans police chief Eddie Compass said last night: "We don't have any substantiated rapes. We will investigate if the individuals come forward."

And while many claim they happened, no witnesses, survivors or survivors' relatives have come forward.

Nor has the source for the story of the murdered babies, or indeed their bodies, been found. And while the floor of the convention centre toilets were indeed covered in excrement, the Guardian found no corpses.

www.guardian.co.uk...

2) "But wait, weren't the angry ghoulish black people shooting at the Helicopters, like the barbaric horde they really are.

Anarchy in the streets? "The vast majority of people [looting] were taking food and water to live," says Capt. Marlon Defillo, the New Orleans Police Department's commander of public affairs. "There were no killings, not one murder." As for sniper fire: No bullet holes were found in the fuselage of any rescue helicopter.

www.popularmechanics.com...

So please, your historical record you're drawing from is full of lies, rumor, and innuendo. I thought you were a Carivoyant? Obvously not, you're just a cuck racking race baiter. And I'm appalled that you so called *truth-seekers* haven't debunked this with the readily available facts. Pathetic.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by spines

actually,....I used the term 'let it go' in context: the black community will never let it go. will they?

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 11:36 AM
link   
hmph. double post.

[edit on 11/6/2008 by agent violet]

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 11:38 AM
link   
"To the other people jumping at the opportunity to cite black riots, why did you not come up with any of the riots started by whites. Click the link, more then a few of those riots have descriptions."

Even in modern times white people start more riots than blacks! I have already posted a list! In thinking about all of this while reading some slides, I have decided that YES, if the election is unfair (like the last 2 were) then African Americans may indeed riot, but that is not because they are a angry riotous people, but because they have shown in recent years (last 20 or 30) that they are the only ones who have come out to protest what they believe to be unjust treatment of members of their communities OR a loss of civil rights! I would not call that a negative thing, because people of Caucasian ancestry HAVE MORE RIOTS but they are due to SPORTS and BINGE DRINKING!!!

Yes, riots are bad, but the line between protest, civil unrest and an out and out riot is grey at best! Kind of depends on who you are... If you think about it George Washington and all the founders of this great country of ours were out right terrorists, through the ruling governments eyes! If you are the white southern governor of Georgia in the 1960's then a group of black folk who got together as a non-violent protest for civil rights got the National Guard and or local (mainly white) police called on them and once tear gas got thrown at them some of the people went nuts and of course there are also bad apples in every bunch who take advantage of the situation, and you have guess what- A RIOT! Call it what you will, as a direct result of their actions civil rights have gotten better! I do believe that unfortunally there may have to be a bit of unpleasant violence in order to enact change!

Black "leaders" (please note I use the term leaders loosely)- give me a break people there are plenty of CRAZY RIGHT-WING (usually) WHITE CHRISTIAN (usually) LEADERS as well, the scary part here is that people like Jerry Falwell and Pat Robertson have had a role in the highest levels of government for the LAST 8 YEARS! The thing is you often NEVER hear about them unless they do something or say something really stupid like telling OUR current president we should assassinate the Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez (brought to us by our own Pat Robertson, host of Christian Broadcasting Network's The 700 Club and founder of the Christian Coalition of America)! If you actually listen to some of these people preaching they actually elude to how it would be OK if we all died because we would go (at least some of us just not if you are gay, unwed mothers, black, or just don’t espouse to the same religious beliefs as they do) to heaven! I DO NOT WANT SOMEONE TELLING OUR COMMANDER AND CHIEF THAT HE SHOULD PRESS THE CANDY-LIKE RED BUTTON BECAUSE GOD WANTS TO CALL US BACK TO HIS KINGDOM! Please tell me how it would be worse in that regard then it currently is???

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Dr. T on double standards.....

I do have to say that indeed there is a double standard and that if the million man march is OK then so should a white pride rally, but that is just the way it is... We love having double standards in this country! As a woman I am all too familiar with them! As a professional working woman who is the bread earner in my family people make fun of me (and down right criticize) all the time that my house is a mess, I should be spending more time with my kids ect, ect... If I were a man however doing all the things I do I would be PRAISED for doing so much housework, taking care of the kids and being responsible! I know many men who sleep with a different woman every other day and they are fine, silly even, said to just be “sowing their wild oats” but a woman would be a ..... if she did the same! (fill in the blank) I could spend time being angry about these things but then I would be considered a "feminist" a term now seemingly synonymous with a woman who is a man hater (there are many other terms I am just not allowed to use them!) So I just try to let it go, but no it is not fair, and neither is the concept of a “white pride” rally!

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 11:40 AM
link   
I honestly can't believe this thread is still even going.

It is purely ignorant to assume that because Obama has dark skin that there will be riots by the black community.

This makes the RACIST assumption that only blacks are capable or inclined to riot.

Plus - it assumes that Obama will lose - which is NOT the case.

Shame on all of you who agree with this thread.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by TruthWithin

How can you be so naive that you don't see this not happening? Obama himself has labeled himself black with this quote

This is from "Audacity of Hope"; "There were enough of us on campus to constitute a tribe, and when it came to hanging out many of us chose to function like a tribe, staying close together, traveling in packs," he wrote. "It remained necessary to prove which side you were on, to show your loyalty to the black masses, to strike out and name names."

Does this not show what side he has chosen?

This is a prediction not an assumption!

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Of course you can live in peace and still be bitter about things.I think the fact that some people have the nerve to be bitter is whats bothering you.Should those black people that are still bitter let go?Sure.But " human nature" sometimes wont let some people do it.There is a"human nature" factor that imo gets confused with culture.You would like "us" to forget the bad treatment that wont happen.To forgive what happen thats possible.What you dont understand is that we as a "human race" are being played.There are powers that be that dont want either side to get along.The fear game is way more destructive than any riot.As long as people are afraid of each other the easier it is for those in power to keep it.Call it the NWO or whatever but its real.You have more to fear from say some nut like Charles Manson that killed innocent people in the hope of starting a race war than you are from some angry black person.Your fears are being used to keep people apart.You give the power to the haters on both sides to justify the crap they are spitting.The haters that happen to be black uses your fear to say "See I told you we will never be looked at as fellow human beings so there is no need to even try to get along lets keep fighting".The haters who happen to be white uses your fear to say "See there are those out there that agree with some of what we say so lets keep fighting".Now those two stupid statements can then be reversed depending on who is afraid.This is a real threat to the human race as a whole.We talk about conspiracy here on ATS and this imo is one of them.We talk about discloser when it comes to alien life here I say we dont deserve it.

[edit on 11-6-2008 by Tricky63]

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 11:57 AM
link   

And this shows that his [possible loss would cause a riot?

It looks to me from your hand picked quote that he was reflecting on coming to terms with his identity in college. Believe it or not, leaders do that from time to time.

Did I ever say that Obama refuses to believe he was black? No. But do remember that race was NEVER an issue until the Reverend Wright thing came out, and Obama has gone to great lengths to make sure that race was not a campaign issue.

My issue with your ignorant post is that you naturally assume that if Obama loses that blacks will riot, as if to say that the only way the black community can handle their issues is through violence.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Misleading e-mail: From Dreams of My Father : ; "It remained necessary to prove which side you were on, to show your loyalty to the black masses, to strike out and name names."

Actual quote from "Dreams from My Father" [pg. 100-101]: To avoid being mistaken for a sellout, I chose my friends carefully. The more politically active black students. The foreign students. The Chicanos. The Marxist professors and structural feminists and punk-rock performance poets. We smoked cigarettes and wore leather jackets. At night, in the dorms, we discussed necolonialism, Franz Fanon, Eurocentrism, and patriarchy. When we ground out our cigarettes in the hallway carpet or set our stereos so loud that the walls began to shake, we were resisting bourgeois society's stifling constraints. We weren't indifferent or careless or insecure. We were alienated. But this strategy alone couldn't provide the distance I wanted, from Joyce or my past. After all, there were thousands of so-called campus radicals, most of them white and tenured and happily tolerated. No, it remained necessary to prove which side you were on, to show your loyalty to the black masses, to strike out and name names.
Source

Quite different than the cherry picking you did. Did you get the racist emails too? Or did you send them out?

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Surprised this hasn't been brought up yet ...

Possible scenario: If the "whitey" tape exists, it will be brought to light in October. If Obama still wins after the whitey tape is released, you can bet whites will probably riot.

If Obama loses after release of the whitey tape is released, I predict Al Sharpton filing a civil rights lawsuit declaring the outcome of the election unconstitutional or some shizz like that.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by TruthWithin

Misleading e-mail: From Dreams of My Father : ; "It remained necessary to prove which side you were on, to show your loyalty to the black masses, to strike out and name names."

Actual quote from "Dreams from My Father" [pg. 100-101]: To avoid being mistaken for a sellout, I chose my friends carefully. The more politically active black students. The foreign students. The Chicanos. The Marxist professors and structural feminists and punk-rock performance poets. We smoked cigarettes and wore leather jackets. At night, in the dorms, we discussed necolonialism, Franz Fanon, Eurocentrism, and patriarchy. When we ground out our cigarettes in the hallway carpet or set our stereos so loud that the walls began to shake, we were resisting bourgeois society's stifling constraints. We weren't indifferent or careless or insecure. We were alienated. But this strategy alone couldn't provide the distance I wanted, from Joyce or my past. After all, there were thousands of so-called campus radicals, most of them white and tenured and happily tolerated. No, it remained necessary to prove which side you were on, to show your loyalty to the black masses, to strike out and name names.
Source

Quite different than the cherry picking you did. Did you get the racist emails too? Or did you send them out?

Thank you posting this Gary.This is a perfect example of the game thats being played.The masses are being used.Peace will never come as long as we keep falling for this crap."Dont feed the dragon" Gary your sig says it all.Thank you for being a voice of reason.Take care.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 12:21 PM
link   
It is nt that I have sympathy for the Devil, only his unique perspective as you all mix just enough truth, just enough civility, just enough hope and belief that yo are special and that God is listening to continue to swallow the poison, the lies about yourselves and the world; even as you destruction approaches from all sides. No, not all of you and No, the world will gone on long after you are gone. I am a bit embarrassed at my laugh as I watch you being fed the next President, as you have been fed so many before..laugh as I read the posts here that counter act the truth when and where it is spoken...laugh as I know full well that your true enemies have all withdrawn to higher and safer ground to wait and watch as you all blame each other and tear each other apart. There is no answer, no solution to it all; boom and bust is the way of the universe; reach and fall, birth and death; today's top dog is tomorrow's bug. If you want perspecive, imagine how the so-called Angels must feel seeing the great gifts give to such beings, being whose greatest accomplishments are nothing but self serving dust in time. However, on a strickly material level, the best will survive and go on and from the compost that will come of you and your world will grow a new garden, be assured.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Tricky63

LOL - Gary is My pet dragon with a gas problem. My name is Luke. Thanks for the kind words.

This stuff is just so infantile and it really speaks to how desperate the conservatives are to have to bring this crap up.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Pulling out of context quotes into the conversation does not negate the fact that you, and others arguing your point(s), have been asked to adress the responses to the original flavor of this thread: 'Blacks will riot when things don't go their way, they are more prone to riot, etc...

In case you need reminding: Look for the long posts with lists in the last few pages.

Ignoring this fact in favor of spewing more hate only further shows the bigotry which is fueling your (and others) argument.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Sorry, first time I tried to post I messed up...

Yeah, People of African Descent could riot after this happens and yeah it will stem from a lot of anger. Anger of hundreds of years of oppression in this country! Our families only four generations back were slaves! White people OWNED black people and many other races and people of color. Of course we are angry, slavery is over and we still ive in a nation where white people still hold all the real power.

We need to realize why these black people/people of color are angry, why all these people of color will be angry if McCain wins, and work towards fixing these root problems, instead of being "oh no, angry black people, they have historically rioted. OMG watch out". It's way bigger than that.

[edit on 11-6-2008 by mandi]

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join