It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There Will Be Riots!!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by beforetime
it's what black people do riot....

hasn't history proved that part?

mediamatters.org...

I believe this is a false statement. World history is full of groups rebelling against their government. All cultures experience riots, for it is not based on a racial trait, as race in and of itself is a social construct, in my opinion. Disparity amongst populations and frustration cause riots, it just so happens that minorities have been systematically oppressed in America.

Also, to make such a blanket statement requires a huge oversimplification of humanity as a whole. There are always multiple reasons for a riot, and not one causing element. To say that a specific group of individuals "riots" more than any other, implies a prejudice against that group, for one can observe the same behavior in all "races", for we are all people, regardless of our subjective classifications. In my opinion history actually negates your statment, as people cause riots, not one specific group.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 07:38 PM
link   
If Obama steals the election we the Whites will be justified in rioting then. The difference is we won't be burning down our cities....

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by dragonfire2159

is that so...i should have put in America...

here research ..they will riot it's what black's do in America.

The Springfield Race Riot of 1908 was a mass civil disturbance in Springfield, Illinois, USA sparked by the transfer of two African American prisoners out of the city jail by the county sheriff. This act enraged many white citizens, who responded by burning black-owned homes and businesses and killing black citizens. By the end of the riot, there were at least seven deaths and US$200,000 in property damage. The riot led to the formation of the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People, a civil rights organization.

The Atlanta Race Riot of 1906 was a mass civil disturbance in Atlanta, Georgia, USA which began the evening of September 22nd and lasted until September 25th. At least 27 people died and over seventy were injured. Atlanta newspapers reported that black men were assaulting white women. The charges were not true, but the reports set off the Atlanta race riot of 1906. The official death count was 12 black and two white, but it has been claimed the real death toll was much higher as Atlanta authorities did not want to further damage the reputation of the city. The riot was reported in newspapers around the world but has not been taught in schools in the United States, and those who died have not been officially commemorated.

South St. Louis, in 1917, the United States had a strong economy boosted by World War I. Because many workers were being recruited for the war, firms also had jobs for African Americans, who began to migrate in great number from the South to St. Louis, among other northern and midwestern cities. Three thousand white men gathered downtown, and started to attack African Americans. They destroyed buildings and beat people. On July 1, a black teen that shot his attackers was fired on by a white mob. The boy then shot and killed two cops.

The next morning, thousands of white spectators who saw the bloodstained automobile marched to the black section of town and started rioting. After cutting the hoses of the fire department, the rioters burned entire sections of the city and shot inhabitants as they escaped the flames. Claiming that “Southern 'n-word's deserve a genuine lynching,” they lynched several blacks. Guardsmen were called in, but several accounts reported that they joined in the rioting rather than stopping it. Others joined in, including allegedly “ten or fifteen young girls about 18 years old, who chased a black woman at the Relay Depot at about 5 o’clock. The girls were brandishing clubs and calling upon the men to kill the woman.” The renowned journalist Ida B. Wells reported in The Chicago Defender that 150 black people were killed during July in the rioting in East St. Louis.

Red Summer which included riots against blacks: 1919 - Charleston Race Riot, May 10, Charleston, South Carolina, - Washington, D.C. Race Riot, July 19, Washington, D.C., - Chicago Race Riot, July 27 - Aug. 2, Chicago, Illinois, - Knoxville Race riot, Aug. 30, Knoxville, Tennessee, Longview Race Riot, Longview, Texas, Omaha Race Riot, Sept. 28, Omaha, Nebraska, Elaine Race Riot, Oct. 1, Elaine, Arkansas. Was called the red summer for all the blood of blacks that was spilled during this massive onslaught of race motivated riots that happened to take place in 1919 over one summer.

The Tulsa Race Riot, also known as the 1921 Race Riot, The Night That Tulsa Died, the Tulsa Race War, or the Greenwood Riot, was a large-scale civil disorder confined mainly to the racially segregated Greenwood neighborhood of Tulsa, Oklahoma, USA in 1921. During the 16 hours of rioting, over 800 people were admitted to local hospitals with injuries, an estimated 10,000 were left homeless, 35 city blocks composed of 1,256 residences were destroyed by fire, and $1.8 million (nearly $17 million after adjustment for inflation) in property damage. Officially, thirty-nine people were reported killed in the riot, of which 10 were white.

The actual number of black citizens killed as a result of the riot was estimated in the Red Cross report at around 300; making the Tulsa Race Riot the worst in US history. Other estimates range as high as 3,000, based on the number of grave diggers and other circumstances, although the archaeological and forensic work needed to confirm the number of dead has not been performed.

Rosewood was a small community of 25 to 30 mostly black families in Levy County in central Florida, USA. Today, it is best known for the racially driven attack on African Americans by whites in January 1923, known as the Rosewood massacre. The town was abandoned during the massacre. It had been a “whistle stop” on the Seaboard Air Line Railway, located on the north side of State Road 24 half a mile east of the intersection with Levy County Road 345.

May Day Riots of 1919
Boston Police Strike
Pennsylvania Steel Strike
The Bellingham riot
North Carolina Textile strike
Sherman race riots
Chicago eviction riots
Hawaii riots
Dearborn Massacre 1932
Bonus army riots
U.S. Nazi riot 1932
Memorial Day massacre
Detroit race riots
Zoot suit riots
Peekskill riot
Little Rock nine riots
Compton’s cafeteria riots
Sunset Strip curfew riots
Buffalo riots
Democratic National Convention
Stonewall riots
Zip to Zap riots
Days of Rage
Kent State shooting riots
Hard hat riots
May Day riots 19971
Disco Demolition night
White night gay riot
Greensboro massacre
Pioneer days riot
Tompkins Square Park police riot
Denver Super bowl riot
Washington State University student riot
Michigan State University riot
Woodstock 1999 concert riot
WTO conference riot
Los Angeles Lakers riot
Seattle Mardi Gras riot
Ohio State University post Michigan football game riot
VEISHEA Iowa State student riot
San Bernardino punk riot

im sure i can find you alot more all black started riot's....

i

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 07:47 PM
link   
And what boiling menace do you foresee if Obama wins?

You clearly are thinking in bad movie stereotypes. Do you fear black people that much, or are you just a fear monger for some ulterior motive?

Here is a more likely scenario:

Hillary will not be chosen as Obama's VP.
There is only Hillary and one other female in the short list. There are about a dozen male candidates. Obama picks a guy and the women rise up with a passion not seen in 40 years. Innocent men are kicked from their beds, go unfed and suffer many indignities both publicly and privately.
There are riots in the streets where men a torn to pieces by crowds of outraged women. No one dares stand in their way because they will not back off, they will not back down.

At least my scenario happens in "your" own neighborhood, your own home, your own bed!

Do not be goofy or others must by necessity point and call you goofy.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by beforetime
reply to post by dragonfire2159

This act enraged many white citizens, who responded by burning black-owned homes and businesses and killing black citizens.

The charges were not true, but the reports set off the Atlanta race riot of 1906. The official death count was 12 black and two white, but it has been claimed the real death toll was much higher as Atlanta authorities did not want to further damage the reputation of the city. .

Three thousand white men gathered downtown, and started to attack African Americans. They destroyed buildings and beat people.

The next morning, thousands of white spectators who saw the bloodstained automobile marched to the black section of town and started rioting. After cutting the hoses of the fire department, the rioters burned entire sections of the city and shot inhabitants as they escaped the flames. Claiming that “Southern 'n-word's deserve a genuine lynching,” they lynched several blacks.

i

All of the riots that you mentioned were caused by stratification of wealth and the inability of minorities to obtain upward mobility. The individuals rioting did not make the right decision, I will admit that, however, the actions of "whites" is just as deplorable. Riots still have nothing to do with race, it is caused by societal malfunctioning. The ideology that you are prescribing merely perpetuates racism. I still see no evidence pointing to "that's what blacks do." I do see evidence pointing to, people start riots. As far as your in America is concerned, African-Americans and all minorities for that fact in America, have been put in situations which any human would find atrocious and would inevitably react to violently. As I mentioned before, singling out race oversimplifies the situation. In each instance, the reasons behind the rioting stretch well beyond our myth of "race". Correlation is not the same as causation. Just my opinion.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by beforetime

On a side note, I thought we were supposed to cite works when we cut and paste. So I thought I'd put the cite where you got your examples.

theblacksentinel.wordpress.com...

On a separate note, the blog is about how the media and police portray "black" riots worse than "white" riots, but how the two are basically the same. Since we're using your source, here's a direct quote...

"For people to make statements that rioting shows that blacks can’t control their angry violent nature and are prone to mass violent outbursts is totally irresponsible and an outright lie. "

If you read the whole article, the author goes on to make similar points as I am. The individuals were rioting in reaction to racists making false accusations of murder, rape, theft, etc., they were also rioting due to minorities seeking upward mobility, and sometimes out of the never-ending frustration of constant oppression. Once again, correlation not causation. Black people don't cause riots, no race does. It's a situational problem to do with malfunctioning socialization, it's not racially based. Once again, just my opinion. Peace out.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Seriously that's one of the most bigoted views of history I've ever seen. By bigot, I mean one sided usually detrimental to a specific group.

Please do your research: en.wikipedia.org...
Thats a very basic point. HUMANS RIOT. They come from Europe, Asia, Africa, even the Americas. They are black, white, yellow, tan, brown, even blue: www.foxnews.com...

Rather than let this election go to waste, let's use this as an opportunity to understand each another.

I'm Paul, and you can consider me a minority. Socially, Obama's position is good for America. It opens people in closed communities to the potential of hard working minorities. Perhaps it's time for change.

However, I don't agree with his position or elitist friends. Rather I believe the government should be held at bay. The constitution should be enforced with a burning angry asshole. An asshole like, Ron Paul.

If I were forced to choose between McCain and Obama, I'd go for Obama. I simply can't vote for a man who believes in Bush's propaganda: rawstory.com...

www.huffingtonpost.com...

Talk about believing the lie. It's the worse of two evils, and I'd rather the new guy, who's not blinded by an idiotic ideology...

See, minorities can speak English. Can you?

I don't bite or riot : P

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 09:16 PM
link   
DragonFire.....nice list...Incomplete tho..
Ya skipped the Glenville/Hough Riots in Cleveland,Ohio in 1968..
My dad's family furniture business that was established in 1939 was wiped out by the "Black Muslim" rioters.Yeah we're white..My mom and dad even helped get Carl B Stokes elected the 1st black mayor of a major American city.I forgot what they were so mad about,but they did target only"White" remaining business owners in the neiborhood.
My Point?
Im STILL not a racist.Im STILL not sure what the allure of Mr. Obama is tho.
The people he has surrounded himself with during this election process DOES make me feel threatened.NOT because of HIS color,but the fundemental principles of his campaign.I dont get it.
1st blacks were with Democrat Hillary,THEN it was UNblack to NOT support
Mr.Obama.WHO pulled the Race card?
Now we hear"McCain will get White Women Hillary Vote".
Will there be riots if Obama does'nt win?Nahhhhh
Will the government utilize Martial Law to "protect" us?? Nahhhh
If WE"RE thinking it tho,would anybody on either side "Consider" it?

You Betcha

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 10:12 PM
link   
While I don't claim to nearly be able to forsee the future like the original poster does, I can't see huge riots over the upcoming election.

The only reason large uncontrolled riots would occur, imo, is if large portions of the voters feel disenfranchised (a word we all know now thanks to the first Bush election...lol) or if the election appears to be very close going in to the polling booths. On that point, I think the media is wrong about how close this election will be and it has little to do with the color of Obama's skin but more to do with the fact that he wasn't properly vetted and he has little experience or exposure to national public politics.

I think the Democratic party is going to see large attrition either to McCain (who is about as "democrat" as any republican candidate has ever been) or just by staying home and not voting. I base this opinion on the fact that I have spoken with many life-long, very loyal democrats who have said they "just won't be able to vote for Obama" for various reasons from the fact that he is black (yes there are people who feel that way), he is too unknown, they don't trust him, or they don't know enough about him, or because of the inflammatory comments of his pastor. In fact, just today I spoke to a life-long democrat who even worked at the national DNC during the past election cycles who has said he won't vote for Obama due to his feelings that he is too inexperienced, not adequately vetted, and that many "issues" regarding his views and opinions have been swept under the carpet. If the democratic party loses too many loyal party members the election won't be close enough to spark riots or even surprise, and that is what is most likely to happen in my opinion.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by TruthWithin
reply to post by eric52081

Do you insight images of Rodney King and Katrina because they both mainly included African Americans?

[edit on 10-6-2008 by TruthWithin]

But did you know that the media spun the hell out of the Rodney King incident to play with the black communities emotions i.e. the Watts Riots.

The Entire Rodney King Incident

This video has a segment about how the media intentionally distorted the Rodney King case and edited the video you saw on TV to do it. The one the jurors saw was a completely different tape, the unedited version that showed King going after the officers, and they couldn't subdue him by asking him to lay down, tackling him, and even tasing him. He was severely drunk and possibly on some kind of drug(most commonly believed to be PCP). Start the video at 42:25. But I really recommend you see the whole thing.
Behind the Big News

The media is directly at fault for the Watts Riots yet they weren't held accountable. How many other incidents of violence and how much racial tension is the media responsible for? When you see this segment of the video, it can only make you wonder.

[edit on 6/10/2008 by ludaChris]

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 10:55 PM
link   
I cannot predict that the reaction of an Obama loss will result in physical violence and destruction of property, as Obama himself could significantly diminish such likelihood.

But if such riots result, they are bound to be typically localized to the big city ghetto areas, and dealt with by law enforcement. and, at worst, by the appropriate State National Guard . . . so, a BIG YAWN to this riot concern.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 11:03 PM
link   
This is COMPLETE BS!!!!!!!!!!!

See my thread completely debunking the white lies you are basing your theory on....

www.abovetopsecret.com...

In the last 18 years, from 1990 to now there have been proximately 21 riots.

After careful evaluation of these and examination of the proposed causes of each of the riots, I have determined- 10 of the riots were predomintaly caused and attended by African American and Hispanic citizens. All of which execpt the 2000 - Los Angeles Lakers riot were due to belief by the Black or Hispanic community members that there was discrimation which caused serious injury (typically death) to another member of their community, usually by the police, but not always as seen in # 3 the Crown Heights riot. The remainder execpt the riots (11) which occurred during the WTO Ministerial Conference of 1999 were predomintally instigated by White americans. The funny thing is ALL of the remaing 10 were involving WHITE PEOPLE WHO WERE TOO DRUNK! I guess they REALLY do have to fight for their right to PARRRTTTYYYY!

GIVE ME A BREAK!!! Look some facts on your own! Why are you not capable of independant thought? I looked at this list and sighed! Where were all you drunk rioting morons when I was protesting the Iraq war with my 2 young daughters with only 4 other people while my WHITE brethren threw beer bottles, trash and obscenities at us? Where were all of those crazy, beer drinking, football loving, predomintaly male, white people then? Shame on you all for listening to the retroic and being mindless sheep! While in many if not most of the recent cases involving BLACK rioters, even if they were wrong or mislead, at least they were fighting for SOMETHING other than the right to another beer!

The only reason these racist ideologies exist is to prevent us from getting together and effecting actual change!

DR. T is leaving the building!

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 12:07 AM
link   
This is directed to "beforetime"

"here research ..they will riot it's what black's do in America."
You are actually supposed to READ the stuff you steal off-line!

Lets examine your complete lack of knowledge on the subject… did you not read the quotes you posted?
We will go one by one shall we…

The Springfield Race Riot in 1908, that was AGAINST BLACKS organized by WHITES, so lets be clear here the white people were the ones who were rioting not the blacks!

The Atlanta race riot in 1906, again we have a riot STARTED BY WHITE people who thought “that black men were assaulting white women.” Again not started by Black Americans

South St. Louis, in 1917- “Three thousand white men gathered downtown, and started to attack African Americans.” Need I say more!

Red Summer which included riots against blacks: 1919 so something like 6 different riots all involving “ red summer for all the blood of blacks that was spilled during this massive onslaught of race motivated riots that happened to take place in 1919 over one summer.”

The Tulsa Race Riot-1921 Race Riot- 29 black people dead 10 white, actual number of African American deaths is thought to be in the hundreds! Whites started the violence AGAINST blacks!

Rosewood, a small community of 25 to 30 black families in central Florida, USA. “It is best known for the racially driven attack on African Americans by whites in January 1923, known as the Rosewood massacre.” Again lets reiterate - “ATTACK ON BLACK AMERICANS BY WHITES”

I am going to get rid of a lot of these for the sake of space and time. I will admit some of the riots in the 50’s and 60’s were started by African Americans, although I would argue at least many were for a good cause…

White night gay riot- I really do not know a lot about this one but am willing to bet it involved white gay guys…

Washington State University student riot, Michigan State University riot, Woodstock 1999 concert riot, Ohio State University post Michigan football game riot, VEISHEA Iowa State student riot - So I attended MSU for veterinary school and I can say that VERY FEW black faces were in the crowd that day… Seriously just look at pics of these riots, 100% white 20-something, drunk, college kids, mainly male…

WTO conference riot- one of the few “white” riots in the last 20 years that actually had some other purpose then getting MORE drunk!

Los Angeles Lakers riot- Also like affirmation action riot for African American’s and one of the VERY few I found that had no other purpose other than celebration over a sports team!

Seattle Mardi Gras riot- mixed drunk crowd at best!

San Bernardino punk riot- punk concert gone wrong! Come on guys, how many African American people do you know who listen to punk music? I do have one friend but she was defiantly not at that concert!
Let us not forget my all time favorite white people fighting for their right to party that was the 2007 Pacific Beach Riot in San Diego California. Look at pics of this event to see the population raging war on the local police because get this…. They were told they could not drink on the beach! Yup all white guys!

If you ask me we should be less worried about the African American’s being upset about Obama not winning and more concerned with the recent shortage of hops, needed to make that all American White Male drink, you guessed it BEER! I propose that the shortage of hops and resulting beer shortage will cause riots throughout the country, in every college town in the USA! Seriously this is what the past history of riots in this country supports!

www.king5.com...

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 01:09 AM
link   
I've said it before and I will say it again. Obama will win. Don't ask me how I know, I just do. I knew it from the moment I saw him hint at running.

This is my prediction. Obama will win and the sh!t will hit the fan. We will see another 911. America will go to pot and he will be used as the scapegoat. Mark my words.

Peace.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 01:52 AM
link   
There will be no riots. Well, maybe in the "hood" but who gives a crap if they riot. Let them burn their homes and stores down. I highly doubt that there will be riots in Vale or South Beach.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 02:11 AM
link   
Obama can win and is already leading the polls
If he loses fair and square I don't want to see riots but if the elections iis stolen again then I would like to see protests from people of all colors.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 04:05 AM
link   
John McCain is never going to become President, he stands no chances against Obama and Clinton.

Leo Zagami on the US Elections

@ minute 23...

The riots are still going to take place; it's going to be more of a contained civil war rather than just riots though.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 04:12 AM
link   
reply to post by slackerwire

um, if some of them even think if you are remotely being offensive (on "certain topics"), you get your thread locked up...Constitution; freedom of speach? What's that?

I believe when the riots occur, and it's (sorry but this is so cliche') not a matter of if, but when, it will be over folks no longer able to buy food, pay for transportation, and be able to heat their homes...

[edit on 11-6-2008 by skyshow]

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 04:24 AM
link   
reply to post by MikeboydUS

I honestly believe that it will be a peaceful transition of power. That no matter who wins McCain will graciously concede to Obama, or visa-versa. Both of them seem to be honorable individuals. If we end up with riots, I feel it will be due to the massive division between the haves and have nots that has increased exponentially in past few decades.

We already have a serious problem in many precincts, from what I understand, where there is not enough voting booths to handle the massive increased turnout...now that in and of itself (massive hours of hours of time to wait in line to vote in mostly Democratic precincts) could spawn unrest. It isn't like people in the position to fix this didn't know ahead of time. This problem continues to go unfixed and I ask 'why is that'?

[edit on 11-6-2008 by skyshow]

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 04:45 AM
link   

Your info about the Red SUmmer of 1919 is abit distorted. For one it was called Red because of associations with Communists, not because of anyone's blood.

There were 26 riots, thousands of Marines and Soldiers were in the streets across the nation, and was one of the worst periods of violence in the US before 1968.

en.wikipedia.org...

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join