It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There Will Be Riots!!

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 01:24 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 01:36 PM
link   
It is time for the American People to rise and for the first time since the Civil War to fight for your country. The American Dream is just a Dream guys. Bush leaves the country in shreds and he'll be teaching classes and giving speeches and seen as a hero in no time.

Americans are blind and if you do nothing there will be blood sooner or later. Europe is having riots already for the oil prices, even dead people. The US is close to the same, by the time you head to the streets to speak for your family, there will be cops everywhere and martial law. You will be taken to concentration camps, it is not beyond the truth. People are taken to concentration camps right now. What will you do with a petroleum of $200 or $300, those prices will be a reality in 3 years at the most. Choose your side, its either you and your family or the current system.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by mandi
Sorry, first time I tried to post I messed up...

Yeah, People of African Descent could riot after this happens and yeah it will stem from a lot of anger. Anger of hundreds of years of oppression in this country! Our families only four generations back were slaves! White people OWNED black people and many other races and people of color. Of course we are angry, slavery is over and we still ive in a nation where white people still hold all the real power.

We need to realize why these black people/people of color are angry, why all these people of color will be angry if McCain wins, and work towards fixing these root problems, instead of being "oh no, angry black people, they have historically rioted. OMG watch out". It's way bigger than that.

[edit on 11-6-2008 by mandi]

What about the other groups/races who came to America to escape persecution? Nearly everyone has ancestral blood of a peoples who experienced tribulation "four generations ago" ??? So what do you propose is the solution? We backed a black man for president then found out the church he attends upholds anti-white and anti-america rallies/speeches. What are we supposed to do now? What do you want?

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Not if we keep control in the mind where it need be applied.

for anything to make itself into the physical reality it has to be thought into place first.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by mandi
Sorry, first time I tried to post I messed up...

Yeah, People of African Descent could riot after this happens and yeah it will stem from a lot of anger. Anger of hundreds of years of oppression in this country! Our families only four generations back were slaves! White people OWNED black people and many other races and people of color. Of course we are angry, slavery is over and we still ive in a nation where white people still hold all the real power.

We need to realize why these black people/people of color are angry, why all these people of color will be angry if McCain wins, and work towards fixing these root problems, instead of being "oh no, angry black people, they have historically rioted. OMG watch out". It's way bigger than that.

Need I say more. Why hold on to all of that anger and frustration it is not healthy. I apologize if anyone in my family ever wronged your ancestors. I have apologized and that is all that you are getting from me because that is all I have to give. I hope this apology has made you feel a little better inside. Caucasians do not hold all of the power at all. Obama is a senator does that not constitute a form of power. There are many races that hold power in the US as well.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 02:21 PM
link   
A reply to Bumbeni:

I know that many people, from many other nations and countries have came to America because of the situation in their home country. The difference between people who came to this country to escape something going on at home is that most people of African descent in this country are descendents of West African slaves, and those people did not choose to come to America. This can also be said for Native Americans, people of Mexican descent who had to switch nationalities when white people were drawing and claiming borders, and probably many others that I cannot speak for.

I think what is important in this election is to vote for the person who is going to be most able and willing to struggle with the populations that will most likely be the ones rioting (poor people of color). I am not going to lie, I could totally see people in my community commiting acts of violence and rioting if McCain wins.

What I want to see happen: The main thing is equal education for every student. I think that if we give all students the same chance at success, we would see more people of color in leadership positions and more equal representations for all races and peoples across the nation. Every single child, regardless of color or class.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 02:36 PM
link   
[edit on 11-6-2008 by mandi]Need I say more. Why hold on to all of that anger and frustration it is not healthy. I apologize if anyone in my family ever wronged your ancestors. I have apologized and that is all that you are getting from me because that is all I have to give. I hope this apology has made you feel a little better inside. Caucasians do not hold all of the power at all. Obama is a senator does that not constitute a form of power. There are many races that hold power in the US as well.

Okay, we are not seeking apologies from individuals. That is not what we want. What I am talking about institutionalized racism and oppression. This is what is making people of color angry. I know that it is not you or your family who is oppressing me, but the fact theat their is still crack in my neighborhood, books from the 80's in my high school, and less than 25% of my freshman class graduating. There has to be something behind this, and I know it is not you. It is a system and a cycle.

BUT...back to topic, people are angry and we need to come up with something, and as I said in my last post I believe in equal education for all young people, to prevent riots like the ones I would expect if McCain wins to happen again. And if Obama does nothing for my community, then hell, I won't like him either.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anti-Tyrant

Originally posted by earthman4
All rioters must remember who the enemy is. The enemy is big oil.

Rioters don't give a flying pansy-styled *snipe* who the real enemy is.

It's a display of anger and nothing more.

I'd take it a step further and say that in many cases rioting has little to do with anger either. People just take an opportunity to go out and wreak havoc so they can loot and steal for monetary gain.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 02:51 PM
link   
riots? especially if they attempt or accomplish an assassination of Obama..in August in Denver.

reply to post by eric52081

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Bumbeni

Sure “Bumbeni” FYI here is my wish list, things I would want to achieve if I were ever to riot...

1. An end to the war in Iraq- I am not naive enough to think we can just leave tomorrow, however
2. Decent public education system regardless of regional socio-economic status
3. A flat income tax
4. For my children to grow into adults in a world at least not more polluted than it currently is
5. Abandonment of the electoral-college system, and institution of a simple yet elegant one person one vote system
6. Solution to the health care crisis, with provisions for mental health
7. Legalization of marijuana (OK so this one may not be as important as some of the others)
8. For people to see past superficial differences (gender or race), recognize and find amiable solutions to our problems
9. Increased funding for scientific research
10. A government which is actually for the people by the people and not for big government and the ultra-rich supported by the working poor and middle class
11. Decrease in the crime rate
12. Development of respect for education, ie great scientists get paid more than great football players
13. No more unwanted and or abandoned pets through low cost spay and neuter programs (hey I am a veterinarian after all and people are often judged by how they treat children and animals)
14. End to the salary gap between genders or races
15. Some amiable solution to immigrations issues
16. Truly free speech
17. The outing of many if not most of our current leaders, lets start from scratch we have to have better than what is currently in DC, folks!
18. Abolishment of the “Patriot Act”
19. Development of energy sources that are sustainable, replenishable, and clean
20. Further development of scientific models which do not use animals (I would love a future where I did not have to kill another mouse!)

Yeah, while I am out protesting in the streets, I will pick you up a plasma TV if that is what you truly care about! My hope is that we can get at least some of these things without resorting to violence and or riots through the democratic process!

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by eric52081
I can almost predict the future without question. John McCain is going to win by a narrow margin without a doubt. But, the real proplem will be the riots that will take place after they announce John McCain the winner.

Why would this happen?

For god sakes they were shooting at the rescue helicopters that were there to save them.

I thought this was proven to be false.

I do not want these riots to occur but, they in fact will without question. Even if Obama has nothing to do with it, his crazy preacher will most likely try to incite these riots. I predict that this will happen.

What is it about his former preacher that makes you think he will incite riots?

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by earthman4

please say that LOUD and CLEAR for everyone to hear. We might have to take drastic action in order for the price of this oil to come down. I don't think everyone will come together on this. That's what can keep it going higher and higher. We have to do something in unity!

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by eric52081

[edit on 6/11/2008 by kupoliveson]

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 04:18 PM
link   
If there are riots, it will only be because the media makes a bigger stink about it than it really is. They will edit the facts to their liking for what makes the bigger story, and at the same time knowing they are sowing seeds for a riot that will get them another BIGGER story to boost up the ratings and pull at our emotional strings.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 05:37 PM
link   
If you had made an initial post about how redneck southern whites will riot if Obama gets elected you would never have received a single "bigot" or "racist" remark, you made the mistake of suggesting something negative about the wrong racial group, shame on you, don't you know the posting rules?

That aside, you will probably see some minor inner city violence when, and if, Obama loses the election. Probably LA, DC, Detroit and Philly, i.e. all the places with the highest murder rates. A few stores will be looted and a few cars set on fire. A couple of looters will be shot dead, Al Sharpton will demand a civil rights march for the deceased, the city will suspend the police officers involved, a civil case will result in a multi million dollar settlement, and the riots themselves will be over after about a week - the average attention span of most looters and rioters.

Nothing more to see here, move along.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by agent violet

thats funny of you to say after saying:

"they hold the whole played-out slavery nonsense against us!"

and

"what would happen if we had the same event with white men? they would be rioting once again"

"if and when, obama loses. the blacks will definitely claim that it was rigged to happen"

"they will not be satisfied."

pot/kettle?

btw.. anyone have any trouble understanding who "they" are?

[edit on 11-6-2008 by Question Fate]

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by eric52081
I can almost predict the future without question. John McCain is going to win by a narrow margin without a doubt. But, the real proplem will be the riots that will take place after they announce John McCain the winner. Does Rodney King ring a bell or the looting and raping of innocent people during hurricane katrina. For god sakes they were shooting at the rescue helicopters that were there to save them. I do not want these riots to occur but, they in fact will without question. Even if Obama has nothing to do with it, his crazy preacher will most likely try to incite these riots. I predict that this will happen.

Wow Why do you think there would be riots? Because Obama is supported heavily by African Americans? I can only assume this is your reasoning as most of the events you cited involved primarily African Americans.

To be honest, it sounds like you are just attempting to incite a riot yourself.

Obama supporters would not riot as it is not the profile of the Obama voter. Did you see the ferocity of the Clinton supporters after just a simple DNC Commission in Michigan? I don't expect you will see anything like that out of Obama supporters, as we are not "rabid". We support Obama because of the hopeful persona he projects and mostly because of his ability to play a clean game of politics which are focused on the issues.

Now, to the other areas of your prediction. Have you seen the poll numbers for Democrats vs Republicans during the primary season? If this holds, Republicans don't have a prayer in November.

[edit on 11-6-2008 by Quazga]

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 07:11 PM
link   
I can prove my European ancestry back to 1190. We came to the New York colony in 1632 as land brokers for the Prussian and Dutch governments. We left in 1670 because we weren't getting a good price for the land the natives had us brokering. We also left because the Continental Congress and state governments were not abolishing slavery carte blanche.

(Look it up for yourselves people, there WERE Black slave holders and traders!)

When we returned in September 17th, 1829, we moved to the Iowa/Minnesota territory and didn't enlist in the Army until AFTER the Emancipation Proclamation! So my ancestry doesn't have unclean hands but can many Blacks as well as Whites say that?

I for one find it disgusting to think that people, Black or White, will riot if a Black man isn't elected president. That is Black Mail for a Black Male! If riots are promised if McCain is not elected then we are no better than the Obamatrons and Obamites. I find it very disgusting to vote Personality and not Policy.

THATS what proper voting is all about. We didn't pay attention to Bush's hinted hidden agenda and voted for the Man. We got screwed because we blindly asked for it. Are our eyes opened wider now? The issues and how each candidate handles them- THATS what proper voting is all about.

I will not kowtow or denigrate to threats of violence when calls for clarity are better. I, along with my ancestors, refuse to dislike a candidate because of his/her skin color or age.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Pawnhaus

Having lived through the 60's, with the riots at the Democratic convention in Chicago by the left against the left, by the blacks against blacks in the Watts riots (btw, does anyone know what happened to that part of LA), by blacks on blacks in Detroit, by whites on blacks in NYC when a white boy was killed, and the constant gang warfare in LA and the Hells Angels against the Mongols, I would totally believe there will be riots somewhere by blacks who might be swaggering down the streets if Obama wins, and trying to provoke fights if he loses. As a supporter of Ron Paul I'm ready to riot at the Republican convention against the neocons who engineered the war, want to continue the insanity for 100 years, and are sabre rattling against Iran. There is anger everywhere and many visible factors to bring it on; high gas prices, food prices, the hot weather, and many of us are at our breaking point. You see, history has a tendency to repeat itself. There are many parallels here. Try to stay calm and rationalize and I you might actually get more upset. I hate to say it but smacking something, hopefully not a person, would vent a lot of this anger.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 09:08 PM
link   
dont get involved in riots , that is what they want; they artificially shorting food and gas to make u hit the streets and then to arrest you and put you in a death camp BEAWRE!!

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join