It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Off Prompter, Obama Can't Speak

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 01:40 AM
link   
Looks like you Obama-haters are running out of character-assassination ideas. Here's a few you can pick from (just add my name to the list of credits. No charge):

1. OMG! Obama has asthma!
2. Obama has a limp. We can't have a disabled president.
3. Obama once hit a dog with his limo and had the nerve to ask his driver to remove the body from the road.
4. Obama loves his wife too much. He needs to share his love with the people.
5. OMG! Obama breathes oxygen!!!!!!

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 01:44 AM
link   
Way to try and make light of some rather serious character flaws.

These, however, are more realistic and why Obama should not be POTUS and cannot be trusted:

1. Racist Radical Pastors (disowning them now - of course)

2, Refusing to Wear American Flag (wearing one now - of course)

3, Friends with Domestic Bomber Ayres

4. Disowns his Church

5. Racist Wife

6. In 1991 Pledged Allegiance to the Black Value System (bet he placed his hand on his heart for this one)

7. Choosing not to Place Hand on Heart during National Anthem

8. Muslim Upbringing

9. Homosexual Sex Scandal

10. Friendship with 16 Count Convicted Felon Rezko

11. Citizenship and Family ties to Kenya

12. Endorsement from Hamas

13. Not Enough Political Experience

14. Votes Present more than Votes

15. Supports Killing the Unborn

16. Ranked #1 Tax and Spend Liberal

17. Campaign Promises that will Bankrupt the USA

18. Refusal to provide Birth Certificate as required for being POTUS

[edit on 11-6-2008 by jetxnet]

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 02:14 AM
link   
Jet, your list is much better than mine. Maybe your Obama-hater friends must work through yours first, but I think you should put a * next to those which have been used already, so that we don't have duplicates. Character-bashing someone even though noone else cares must be lots of fun seeing that you guys do so much of it. Haven't really had the urge. I could character-bash my own president, but everyone knows he's a moron and a joke and nobody cares so I don't bother.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 03:55 AM
link   
This is a senator and his job is to represent and speak on behalf of American people. I simply don't believe he can't speak, and especially after the marathon nomination process we just witnessed.

Obama has done exceptionally well in debates and there is no teleprompter for this. Candidates participating in live debates have to speak their minds, off the cuff, that is the entire point of debates.

You have skipped this fact quite conveniently. But skipping data and facts is what cowards do, and you are a coward. You post insults on the web for mass distribution entirely twisted together out of lies. How easy it is of you to type up this nonsense on the internet.

I think the facts here are quite simply that you are an average, bitter person who has pushed a mouse around, clicked a few keys and found one clip out of thousands to vaguely support your dillusional, hate filled rant.

I'm not particularly filled with fuzzy warm feelings over Obama, but no way will I sit around and listen to this vomitus spewing up anymore. Enough is enough so STFU.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 04:04 AM
link   
*Obama Paid Troll Alert* - TheObjectReport

I think you need to look no further than Obama's Gaffes and flip-flopping. The freshman Senator is all about high taxation and bigger government modeled after the Carter years that were an utter failure.

Several Democratic Senators recently have stated that they will not support Obama (i.e. Senators in Ohio and Oklahoma etc.) stating he is "too Liberal", even for them! Something wreaks of Marxism here.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 05:54 AM
link   
What about talking about the actual issues? Can you maybe debate him on the issues, or is it forbiden by Rush and the party? My goodness man, everyone stumbles when thrown off script. How much public speaking have you done? If you have done a lot, you will know it's not always smooth, particularly when your tired, or when it's something partly scripted and you completely loose your space. But my post point, is what does your post (op) point have to do with what really matters for the people of the USA and the resto of the world?

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 06:45 AM
link   
Did it occur to anyone that people are trying to talk over him while giving a speech.. that my friends will make anyone stumble across there words.. to many distractions goin on for him to think.
Chris

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Obama could stutter and I'd vote for him if he loved America and had the passion to prove it. It doesn't matter one bit about how good he speaks or how tired he is while giving those speaches. I'd vote for him if he would tell me how he's gonna change America. All I hear is the same thing Democrats have talked about back fifty years ago. Nothing new here.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by jetxnet

These, however, are more realistic and why Obama should not be POTUS and cannot be trusted:

1. Racist Radical Pastors (disowning them now - of course)

Huh?

2, Refusing to Wear American Flag (wearing one now - of course)

And to think he wants to be president of the USA and he won't wear the flag. Scandalous! * sarcasm *

4. Disowns his Church

See point 8.

5. Racist Wife

Are you referring to that 'whitey' comment. It's ok for 'whiteys' to call her and her husband 'black' (he isn't black btw. Ask me and I'll tell you. You'll love it), but not vice versa?

6. In 1991 Pledged Allegiance to the Black Value System (bet he placed his hand on his heart for this one)

And to think that was only 17 years ago whatever the hell it means. Can't forgive him for past 'indiscretions' cos he wants to be president.

7. Choosing not to Place Hand on Heart during National Anthem

And to think he wants to be PRESIDENT OF THE USA! Can't get any less patriotic than that, can he?

8. Muslim Upbringing

So is he muslim or Christian (point 4)? Make up your mind.

9. Homosexual Sex Scandal

Of course that is true! You said it and so says every other Obama-hater who has read about it.

11. Citizenship and Family ties to Kenya

The 'whiteys' all come from Europe last time I checked. If anyone should be USA president it should be a native American. You forget to mention his family ties to Europe.

13. Not Enough Political Experience

Of course you have to be over 80 to be president. He can handle the debates and he has millions of supporters. Good enough for me.

15. Supports Killing the Unborn

Too many people in the world all ready. I don't support abortion, but as president you have to think of your entire population. Hard decisions to be made.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 07:45 AM
link   
reply to post by LLoyd45

are you saying that mccain is any better. mcain can't even see his teleprompter. he has to squint his eyes so bad that he essentially just looks like an old man sleeping while standing up. my grandfather used to do that.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by jetxnet

higher taxation and bigger government??? you republicans own that phrase, because you have increased the national debt from 6 trillion to 9 trillion, we need a democratic grownup leader to keep this country from going bankrupt.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 08:19 AM
link   
and the idiot has visted 57 states and wants to give all children with asthma breathalyzers...he meant inhalers.

this guy is a piece of work, good job finding him you ignorant, liberal ninnies.

you know Republicans also have a young, up and coming member that they think the world of (Bobby Jindal Louisiana Governor) but they know that he is still inexperienced and not YET ready for higher offices!!!

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 08:21 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by skyshow

look.. debating the issues with the obama bashers severly limits their ability to move their lips. haven't you seen by these posts that the same old tired lies are coming out. the only new ones will be about his race.

name-calling and fear-mongering are what right-wingers are made of. and this is what your going to hear from them for the next 5 months.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by WhatTheory

?? Don't ya know FOX news is fair and balanced, hahahaha... Isn't that about the funniest thing you've ever heard. We say that around the house when folks need a good laugh!

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 10:17 AM
link   
“Originally posted by jetxnet

1. Racist Radical Pastors (disowning them now - of course)”

Okay. And my pastor says that you absolutely must trust your leaders because GOD says so. Yet when my leaders LIE to me over and over and over and over and (insert about two dozen more overs in there).... then how can I trust my pastor? Do I stop going to that church? Take back my membership?

“2, Refusing to Wear American Flag (wearing one now - of course)”

He explained this and did so with legitimate beliefs. I happen to believe why as well. We are in a war for profit and it has damaged this country more than helped it. Actually, the only people it has helped are those associated with this administration. Not the 95% of the population that is not in that circle.

“ 3, Friends with Domestic Bomber Ayres”

Please provide the proof that he is 'Friends' with this man. I have seen that he has spoken with him but I have seen nothing displaying a friendship with him.

“ 4. Disowns his Church”

Yes. From the pressure applied on him by both parties. See my above post. You see, I'll admit this. I'm a bit hypocrital myself. I go to church because of my wife. I will argue with most points presented by the pastors of the church. However, I like the people I attend with and like the activities. I think that interacting with people is the most important aspect of spiritual growth. What I am saying is this. I went to a church I didn't agree with fully but still attended because it is where I was brought up to attend.

“5. Racist Wife”

Proof again please. All I have seen are quotes taken out of context and the like. Give us the actual proof that she is racist.

“ 6. In 1991 Pledged Allegiance to the Black Value System (bet he placed his hand on his heart for this one)”

Speculation and a serious need for proof. Is it so wrong to pledge alligiance to support those of your own race? We are a country made up of almost all races. That is what this country was built on. Freedom of choice. Does this mean he will only work for the people of darker skin? Heck, maybe I'll need to sit out in the sun more if this is what you are implying (yes, I'm as white as they come. Long summers in Seattle.)

“ 7. Choosing not to Place Hand on Heart during National Anthem”

See post on the pin. There is a valid reason.

“ 8. Muslim Upbringing”

ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh (buzzer stating end of game). Wrong. Please provide the proof of this other than the fact that his father, who was not in his life, was of foreign, and most likely, Muslim background. His mother was not.

“9. Homosexual Sex Scandal”

And how many scandals surround republicans when it comes to sex? My God I have lost count. The difference though is that the majority of those cases are TRUE. This one is an obviously fabricated and pathetic attempt of a smeer campaign being put into play by the republican party.

“10. Friendship with 16 Count Convicted Felon Rezko”

Same scenario as the one above. Just speaking with these people does not make them his friends. How shallow and small minded can one be to believe this?

“11. Citizenship and Family ties to Kenya”

Proof? Please provide it.

“12. Endorsement from Hamas”

Because he has a speak first, attack at last resort type of approach. Right now we are seeing where the attack first, lie about the reasons for it, fabricate more reasons, and move on to the next country approach is getting us.

“13. Not Enough Political Experience”

Neither did JFK. Yet the nation felt he was one of the greatest leaders we have ever had. I do not know because I am not nearly old enough. I do believe he was murdered by our own government because he was actually FOR THE PEOPLE.

“14. Votes Present more than Votes”

? '
' I don't understand what you are saying? That his votes received are representing more than the votes cast? Please don't go there. If you do then we will have to bring up 2000 and 2004 all over again with the vast amounts of vote tampering done by the republicans to steal those elections.

“15. Supports Killing the Unborn”

Unfortunately this sucks. Plain and simple.

“16. Ranked #1 Tax and Spend Liberal”

He's a democrat. What else needs to be said? I don't agree with the increase in taxes and such because it usually leads to bigger government. That should not happen. But, he is a democrat.

“17. Campaign Promises that will Bankrupt the USA”

And where has the republican campaign gotten us? Where did Clintons campaign get us with all of the BS he pulled? I'll tell you. In a much better position debt wise than we have going on right now. This president has spent more money in his tenure than ALL OF THE OTHER PRESIDENTS IN HISTORY COMBINED! DO the math!

“18. Refusal to provide Birth Certificate as required for being POTUS”

If true then he is breaking a rule that is required. I haven't looked into this so again, please provide proof instead of words or opinions. If it is your opinion then say so.

[edit on 11-6-2008 by dariousg]

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Edite: Removed the question since I went through and redid the above post.

[edit on 11-6-2008 by dariousg]

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by dariousg

Thank you. You took the words right out of my mouth. I'd just like to add on to what dariousg said:

On the being of Kenyan descent thing (yes, his father is Kenyan). Does that really matter? Does being of Kenyan descent somehow make him a bad person? I don't get this logic.

On the homosexual sex scandal...there is absolutely NO evidence that this EVER happened. It was just some random guy who claimed to have had sex with him!

Look, I browse this site every day and find a plethora of anti-Obama threads, but where are the McCain ones??? Seriously, for all the trash-talk about Obama, THERE IS NO SUCH TALK ABOUT MCCAIN. Why??? Someone, please enlighten me!

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Maybe because he is truly qualified for the job? He doesn't need the Bush name to get elected nor does he spew this change non sense that people have been spewing as a reason to vote for them for a hunded years or more perhaps. I don't see why any democrat would want to put their sights on him anyway. He might as well be a democrat at heart. The guy will change to whatever side on any given election period that gives him the best chance of being elected to whatever office he desires. As far as I'm concerned, the democrat party has already won.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
are you saying that mccain is any better. mcain can't even see his teleprompter. he has to squint his eyes so bad that he essentially just looks like an old man sleeping while standing up. my grandfather used to do that.

I don't particularly like McCain, but if I must choose between the lesser of two evils, I'd choose him over Barack anyday.

John McCain is a rich, republican, elitist, but he's also a decorated veteran and a former POW. I know he loves his country, and would never betray it. He's sweated blood for it and probably endured more pain and humiliation as a POW, than you or I together could imagine in defense of it.

Does that make him a great presidential candidate? "No", but it does make him a patriot and a true American.

Who cares if his eyesight has grown a little weak, or his spine isn't quite as erect as it once was? Will he defend our country against people who wish to destroy the American way of life? I have no doubts about his willingness to do so.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join