It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nibiru Theory

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 08:56 AM
link   
I am asuming that some of you are space gurus and can offer me insight into a possible theory.

I have been following Nibiru Soaps for a while now that also led me to the Galactic alignment. I would have to find it again, but it was stated that our solar system oscillates as it moves in our galaxy; bobs up and down passing through the Galactic Plane(denser part of space) as it orbits the Milky Way centre. Mostly proven that this is how it is.

The only logical Nibiru scenario I can come up with(this is where I would like feed back) is that if this so called Nibiru was locked into this plane with out the Oscillation and same orbit as our solar system. Then we would actually approach Nibiru instead of the opposite.

I haven't been able to find the answer to how fast our solar sysem movement is when it bobs up and down. Would we not be approaching at a fairly fast rate which would make the fast approach plausable?

I know highly unlikely..... just the only logical possibility I have come up with for a Nibiru scenario. Please offer any opinions as it is just a theory, and I am no expert.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 10:01 AM
link   
If Nibiru was "locked" to the plane of the Milky Way galaxy, then it wouldn't be a part of our Solar System. If that were the case, then it wouldn't have been around in ancient times for the Sumerians (or anyone else for that matter) to be aware of it.

Don't get hooked by the Planet X/Nibiru nonsense. It's a myth. There is no rogue planet on a collision course with Earth in 2012.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Well, that's fine, and it may explain how it would be possible for an object to be "bumped into a different orbit" (although I'm no expert in galactic alignment, so I can't say for sure that this can happen or not)...

...but if that HAS happened, then where is Nibiru? Why haven't the 100's (1000's ??) of amateur astronomers who spend there time discovering tiny comets and asteroids noticed something as big as a planet out there -- a planet that must be getting relatively close if it's supposed to be here in 4 years.

And you can't use the "only visible from the South Pole" explanation, because it is a false one; there is NO object in space that can only be seen from the South Pole. For example: if the Moon was directly above the South Pole, it would still be visible from much of the Southern Hemisphere; and objects further out than the Moon become visible to more of the Southern Hemisphere due to the greater "line of sight" to those objects. Not to mention we get a different view of the sky as the year progresses due to Earth's revolution around the Sun.

[edit on 6/10/2008 by Soylent Green Is People]

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 01:50 PM
link   
The question is not if Nibiru exists.... that is harder to prove than an honest government. I was wondering if anyone knew the speed at which our solar system wobles up and down in relevance to this galactic plane. If it's approach is faster than our common orbits in relativity to our soalr system, objects could come at us at a faster than expected speed. This plane could also contain other space debris, which is much smaller and harder to detect. This would make impact scenarios much more severe.

That's why I want to know if we are moving as a solar system faster than most orbital debris in the solar system. I hope this makes a little sense.

It's a theory that could explain a fast approach of another object. Please debunk my theory on the plausability, not the fact that Planet X is a hoax topic.

Here is an article on the topic.

The sun’s movement through the Milky Way regularly sends comets hurtling into the inner solar system – coinciding with mass life extinctions on earth, a new study claims.

Scientists at the Cardiff Centre for Astrobiology built a computer model of our solar system’s movement and found that it “bounces” up and down through the plane of the galaxy. As we pass through the densest part of the plane, gravitational forces from the surrounding giant gas and dust clouds dislodge comets from their paths. The comets plunge into the solar system, some of them colliding with the earth.

Our present position in the galaxy suggests we are now very close to another such period.

www.cardiff.ac.uk... -system-bounce-finish-the-dinosaurs.html

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 04:10 AM
link   
The Sun passes through the galactic plane every 30 million years or so. It "bobs up and down" in this manner because the gravitational force of the massive amount of material (stars, gas, dust etc.) in the galactic plane is constantly pulling on it. After it has passed through the plane, it is slowed down, and eventually starts to "fall back" again.

Even though the stars in the Sun's neighbourhood all move around the galactic disc in the same general direction, they will have different eccentricities and inclinations. It's those differences that determine how fast they will move relative to the Solar System. That velocity will generally be much greater than the velocity of objects orbiting the Sun, but not as stupidly fast as some people are claiming Nibiru to be moving.

Simply put, if there was a large planet or brown dwarf star on a collision course with Earth in 2012, we would be able to see it RIGHT NOW, irrespective of whether it was in solar orbit or galactic orbit.

[edit on 11-6-2008 by Mogget]

[edit on 11-6-2008 by Mogget]

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 07:59 AM
link   
In about the past month's time, we have had four Sun spots suddenly form in a straight line, a something impacted Jupiter, and now a mysterious new white spot on Venus. All events occuring on the southern hemispheres of those bodies.

I believe the Nibriu approach from the southern direction was to dislodge meteors from the Solar Oort cloud. Would these meteors then approach the inner Solar system, and impact the the system's bodies on their southern hemispheres?

Or if not Nibriu... is our Solar system encountering increasing debris as it moves in a southern direction through the galactic plane? And is this debris composed of (hard to see) dark matter?

new topics

top topics

join