It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swimming Pools... Anyone Heard Of This ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 07:57 AM
link   
So over the weekend, the wife and I discussed putting up a pool in the back yard.

Last night on the television is a commercial for a nice looking 15x27 above ground pool.

This pool retails for $1999, they're selling it for $349 installed.

So immediately I'm thinking, what kind of scam is this?

I found thier website, I'm going to be checking with the Better Business Bureau too.

Have any of you heard of Blueworld Pools?

Blueworld Pools

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by elevatedone

BBB is a very good start. I've never heard of this outfit, but I would check the basics. What does it include, and more importantly what doesn't it include? Filter, hoses, liner, etc........ what does installed mean? Do they just lay it on the existing landscape, or do they level an area and put a sand foundation base? Also make sure that there is no caveate where you have to buy the chemistry from them. Chlorine, and all of the other chems needed add up quickly, So make sure that they're not going to milk you with marked up prices.
I can't believe I just tried to help a Pittsburgh fan...............

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 09:07 AM
link   
That price is for them bringing everything needed to set the pool up and get it going.

I have to have the site prepped when they get there.

They offer a free site consultation, maybe I should start there. Oh yeah and definitley checking with the BBB.

Remember not all Steeler Fans are bad guys...

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Thanks for posting the web-site! I sent a link to my wife to check out, she's a guru when it comes to online shopping.

Please let me know if you decide to purchase. I'd love to hear a "review" from someone on the ATS community.

Hey - way off topic, but a "Product Review" forum sounds like something that might be useful here on ATS

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Simple method?

Just ask for referrals and go visit an installation in your area and talk to the new owners.

No referrals or no installations in your area? There's your answer. Go elsewhere...

new topics

top topics

join