It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who is this one-eyed horned beast guy?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 12:02 AM
link   
the devil?

Jahbulon? Baal? Belial?

these come from a great cartoon called Reign: The Conqueror that has all kind of well-written metaphysical themes set during the time of Alexander the Great. and the cup he is holding is full of his blood from his thighs which he is about to give to the men attending this ritual.

[Edited on 3/4/2004 by AlnilamOmega]

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Phew... I've never seen/heard of that before. That's some crazy lookin stuff...

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Those images are alive...

That's some real mind control.

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 12:07 AM
link   
oh yeah, almsot forgot. I am posting this to get a name on this guy because I am not sure. I am not FOR anything related to evil and do not support this kind of behavior, but I would like to understand it better than I do now.

mind control?! whoa whoa whoa what do you mean? to tell you the truth, i don't feel very comfortable when I look at these images for a long time so you can imagine the difficulty I had capturing them and uploading them. but ive also had a nagging sense of curiosity towards these images...

the cartoon itself is neutral with its presentation. it features all kinds of topics including the platohedron, Horus, Ammon, secret ceremonies, Zeus as a snake, etc (very interesting stuff!)

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by AlnilamOmega
mind control?! whoa whoa whoa what do you mean?
They just have a powerful effect, that's all.

Pretty evil looking.

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 12:09 AM
link   
When is this show on? What channel?

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 12:14 AM
link   
it used to be on Cartoon Network during the Adult Swim feature on weekdays. it would be on as late as midnight on weekdays, sadly, but I do not think it is still being shown on that channel. not that im trying to be a propaganda machine for this cartoon, but there are dvd's of this cartoon that can be rented or bought and there are also people on peer-to-peer sharing services who have these videos.

just do a search on "reign" and pick the ones that have "conqueror" in the title as well. it's a very fascinating cartoon. the animation is arguably distasteful, but the writing is magnificent.

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Cartoon Network... not sure if it's on anymore though.

Darnit beaten to the punch.

[Edited on 4-3-2004 by htown]

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 12:15 AM
link   
I know who that is....

Its my ex-girlfriend... except those pictures make her look much better than i remember...

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 12:17 AM
link   
I got a chance to watch the entire series when it first came out on Cartoon Network. Awesome stuff, but I can't remember who that guy is.

BTW, Reign is made by the same guy that did AEON FLUX... man I really miss that one

edit: No kidding... I clicked, replied, and already got answered twice.
Also, not sure about it being Belial... Belial was the Satan's 'right-hand man' in the books 'Paradise Lost' and 'Paradise Regained'... also a big subject of Morbid Angel's lyrics

[Edited on 4-3-2004 by Earthscum]

link   
No that's any girl during their period.

link   
Maybe he's related to this one eyed, one horned, flying purple people eater I've heard so much about.

I wonder if he ate people and had one eye and one horn, was purple and flew. Or, if he ate one eyed, one horned, flying purple people. I guess it's one of those question that may never be answered.

[Edited on 3/4/04 by NotTooHappy]

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by NotTooHappy
Maybe he's related to this one eyed, one horned, flying purple people eater I've heard so much about.

I wonder if he ate people and had one eye and one horn, was purple anw flew. Or, if he ate one eyed, one horned, flying purple people. I guess it's one of those question that may never be answered.

Come again?

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by htown

That's not funny.
I'm sure you didn't mean that, did you?

-B.

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Looks like a cyclops version of the baphomet.

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Banshee

That's not funny.
I'm sure you didn't mean that, did you?

-B.

No. No I really didn't.

Anyway... I never really watch Reign cause I just didn't like it so I really can't relp you out, sorry.

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by specialasianX
I know who that is....

Its my ex-girlfriend... except those pictures make her look much better than i remember...

LOL!!! that's not bad. though I am sure that idea is common to all of us who have had nightmarish ex's, male or female.

my guess is leaning towards jahbulon because it fits the written description given in ancient scripts.

baphomet is not a bad guess, but he doesn't look much like a dragon. at least not in this rendering. i don't think the majority of, if any, dragons were related to evil.

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by NotTooHappy

I wonder if he ate people and had one eye and one horn, was purple and flew. Or, if he ate one eyed, one horned, flying purple people. I guess it's one of those question that may never be answered.

Come again?

Nevermind. The humor was obviously lost somewhere.

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Anime' is well known for inventing creatures... Since your question is really more "what is it" as it relates to possible cryptids, there really isn't one it relates to... I'm tempted to move this to TV or Movies, where you may get a better answer...but for now, it can stay...just let me know if you think you'd get a better answer in those forums....

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reminds me of that thing in Final Fantasy 8

Abaddon (which is another name for Satan I believe)

top topics

join