It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran warns of "painful" response if Israel attacks

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 02:43 AM
link   

Iran warns of "painful" response if Israel attacks

www.reuters.com

TEHRAN (Reuters) - Iranian Defence Minister Mostafa Mohammad Najjar was quoted on Tuesday as warning Israel of a "very painful" response if it launched a military strike over the Islamic Republic's disputed nuclear program.

On Friday, Israeli Transport Minister Shaul Mofaz told an Israeli newspaper an attack on Iran looked "unavoidable" given the apparent failure of U.N. sanctions to deny Tehran technology with bomb-making potential.

Asked about Mofaz's comments, Najjar was quoted by the state Iran daily newspaper as saying: "Our armed forces are at the height of their readiness and if anyone should want to undertake such a foolish job the response would be very painful."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 02:43 AM
link   
I really hope that this rhetoric begins to fade. The fact is, these people have been fighting for so long, I almost just want them to get it over with. I want peace, but it seems they do not...

www.reuters.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 03:28 AM
link   
Let's hope that the major media doesn't get ahold of this information.

You know, because nobody should defend themselves against Israel...only terrorists would say they would defend themselves against poor, mistreated Israel.

Isn't it time we stop treating Israel like a loud child on a plane?

My opinion on the actual story: Same old threats of retaliation (which are not completely unjustified considering that every month or so, Iran has threats or talks of threats thrown its way) and same old spin over here.

[edit on 6/10/0808 by spines]

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 03:30 AM
link   
reply to post by spines

I'm not knocking either country. I think that I am not qualified to judge this situation. I am merely stating that in order for there to be world peace, there as to be mid-east peace. Or a war to end the conflict.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 03:31 AM
link   
Oh, what to do.

This planet is long overdo for a change.

I, personally, want off this crazy blue-marble.

And what would be the big deal.

If the poo hits the fan, will it be worth trying to survive this?

Quite, peaceful, death.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 03:34 AM
link   
reply to post by pluckynoonez

If only it were that simple. What if you got to the afterlife, and they said, hey, here's a vacation to reflect on your life, then its back down there, memory wiped. Wouldn't you feel stupid for not changing this place when you had the chance?

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 03:36 AM
link   
reply to post by jasonjnelson

My reply doesn't apply to you...unless you are the major news media...

Responding to the story, not the OP.

no worries.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 07:54 AM
link   
IMHO a country....ANY COUNTRY...has a right to protect itself.

We have been brainwashed like the WW II cartoons showing the Japaneese as buck-toothed squinty eyed demons, ready to destry American at the drop of a hat. Isreal,the US, or anyother country does not do the bidding of the UN, and has no business trying to enforce the policies of UN.

If Isreal attacks Iran for any reason...they do have a right to retailiate.

Just thinking out loud

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by jasonjnelson

"Or a war to end the conflict."

you know what they say about this little gem.
fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity.
no peace ever came from illegal invading another country. the iranians will fight till there is nothing left, there will be an insergancy probably far greater than iraq because iran learned from iraqs fall. they are ready and waiting.

the zionists would have to be psychopathic to invade...oh wait they will probably just use their retarded cousin america to do their dirty work and take all the casualties.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by spines

agreed a majority on ATS believe on the Israelis have the god given right to defend them selves at any cost and anyone that wishes to defend them selves against Israel are just Anti semetics or Terrorists.

new topics

top topics

join