It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How did Neil Armstrong film himself setting foot on the Lunar surface? Who set up the camera?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 02:41 AM
link   
I've seen video of Neil Armstrong coming down the Eagle's side ladder. I mean, if he just set foot on the Moon, how come there was a camera already set up on the floor shooting his descent?

Obviously, this proves that we never went to the Moon. It was shot on the Fox's studio with the help of Hollywood. We already know that it was too dangerous too go to the Moon as seen complications with Apollo 13. Going to the Moon is a suicide trip.

We staged the whole thing to beat the russians.

[edit on 10-6-2008 by jedimiller]

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 02:56 AM
link   

There was a video camera mounted and extended from the side of the landing module especially for this purpose. NASA anticipated that the moment that Armstrong stepped onto the Moon would be thought as being particularly significant and something everyone would want to see.

As Armstrong started down the ladder he remotely deployed it, swinging it out from its storage position in the side of the module. Note how the left hand side of the video image is obscured by both the side of the Lunar Module and the arm of the storage compartment that lowered it. (The horizontal black bar across the middle is interference flickering across the TV screen it was filmed off.)

Source

The Lunar Module did! While still on the steps, Armstrong deployed the Modularized Equipment Stowage Assembly from the side of the lunar module.This housed, amongst other things, the TV camera. This meant that upward of 600 million people on earth could take part in this historic moment.

Source

And these were just the first two I found. Google is your friend...

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 03:08 AM
link   
Hi gemwolf, that's all good in theory. But I've seen models of the Eagle lander and worked one for a while and I never saw this camera. Are there photos of the camera mounted on the side or is it just all hearsay. I mean anyone can say there was a camera on the leg or whatever, but where's the evidence for that?

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 03:27 AM
link   
reply to post by jedimiller

As Gemwolf stated, Google is your friend

You can find plenty of pics and diagrams of the MESA here :
The Mysteries of the MESA Revealed at last!!!

[edit on 6/10/2008 by eaglewingz]

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 03:33 AM
link   
I'll be darn! those are some pretty good pics.

Of course to shoot the Lunar landing they had to build a lifesize model to use for the filming. I'm not saying that the Lunar Module did not exist. It was built for the shoot (with all components). It's like making a movie, you need props and such. Still, I can't prove nothing. So if you guys want to lock this up as the pictures prove me wrong. I'm ok with that. Personally, I don't believe we ever went tot he moon.

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 03:19 AM
link   
[SNIP] course he was the camera was on the side of the shuttle why would they take 3 days to film a moonlanding if it was fake

Removed vulgar reference

Please read ftrom the T&C's

2) Behavior: You will not behave in an abusive, hateful and/or racist manner, and will not harass, threaten, nor attack anyone.

[edit on 12/6/08 by masqua]

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 01:27 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

join